Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:50 am 
In all my time here, it's always bothered me that the Forum banner has this big generic "phpBB" text-based logo. As for as I know, it's been this way from the beginning - almost I decade now, I bet (unless there's been a forum attached to Sluggy from the start, in which case it's closer to 14 years).

Is there a reason? Would anyone object to me (or someone even more motivated) creating a custom header? I think the theme as a whole, standard though it may be, is fine. I'd just love to see something a bit more Sluggy-related at the top, y'know?

Who around here would both understand how to implement that and also be able to enact the implementation, anyway? Would that be Pete? Rit? Some mysterious other guy?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:20 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
I'm sure no one would complain if you created one, though we wouldn't promise to use it til we saw it, and til we figured out whether it's easy to implement (phpbb is not my speciality). I don't know whether actually sticking it up there would be something Wile could do, or if that would involve rit, but I'd suggest PM'ing Wile E and getting her thoughts on it.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:01 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I don't think it would be all that difficult to implement. Other sites using phpbb tend to just replace the image with a new one (same file name).

I have an idea for a more 'Sluggified' one. Just need to track down some things...

Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:22 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
In all my time here, it's always bothered me that the Forum banner has this big generic "phpBB" text-based logo. As for as I know, it's been this way from the beginning - almost I decade now, I bet (unless there's been a forum attached to Sluggy from the start, in which case it's closer to 14 years).

That's actually incorrect. For quite a long time there was a Sluggy related header, which would take you to the comic when you clicked on it --you might just have forgotten. If memory serves me, it was Pirate Bun-Bun. I think it disappeared in either the last big revision or the one before that.

Not sure what happened to it.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:03 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
last big revision which I believe was a move to a different host hence losing the banner. It would be nice to have the banner again if someone knows how to do it.

Board index » Chat Forums » Suggestions and Comments