Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:30 am 
Okay, that whole preregistration thing for gaming at D*C is officially closed, which is just as well, because all three Sluggy sessions are sold out. That, to use our current vernacular, rocks.

As for vampirebunbun, poisonivyy, and all the others who won't be able to make it... I promise that before each session, we will have a moment of silence in rememberence of you who could not be with us... (Um, actually, I'll probably forget about that, but that's okay, right?) And more importantly, we'll do our damnedest to get this game on the market as soon as we can! And I really appreciate all the kind words; it's amazing how much easier it is to work on something knowing there are people out there who are actually interested in seeing the finished product.

As for those of you who are going to be there... See you at D*C!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:24 am 
I just want to say that I am back from Dragon*Con, and it rocked!

Not only did I playtest the game, I also had all kinds of fun watching people in nifty costumes, met Summer Glau and Alan Tudyk from Firefly/Serenity, spent time talking to people of all shapes, sizes, and brands of geekdom, bought a bunch of stuff I didn't need from vendors, got shot down by some chick in a restaurant, played a session of D&D with people I didn't know but seemed cool anyway, ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in years, and generally had a kick-ass time.

All three sessions of the game went better than I had dared to hope. I had three awesome groups--including a guy who'd never read Sluggy, and a girl who'd never actually played a roleplaying game before, and gave one of the best perfomances I've seen in a long damn time, anyway--and not only did everyone pick up the game easily, but they were all indescribably fun to roleplay with, and had tons of fun. And I even managed to pick up a little constructive criticism here and there.

If any of you happen to read this, thanks a bunch! You all kick ass.

So, now, I'm off to organize other fun playtesting stuff. (Or maybe I'll watch a movie first. I've had a long weekend, after all. :kiki: )

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG