Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:44 am 
Okay, it's early 2007! Is it out yet? :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:01 am 
Goatlord42 wrote:
No, you didn't, though there's no reason you can't after the fact! *grins*

Just tested out our first Pun Demon. A big one. Didn't go so well for the little Ohio river town, I hear they're still trying to get the fish out of their ears.

Ohio river town?! Kentucky lakeside city! *slaps* Get it right, bro!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:03 am 
vampirebunbun wrote:
Okay, it's early 2007! Is it out yet? :kiki:

Sadly no, though rest assured that there is continual tweaking of rules that will continue to make the game better for everyone. We're doing our damnedest to break the game so that Brent can put it back together in one very nifty piece.

We are, even now, in the midst of a huge-ish discussion of certain rules and issues that came up in-game. Playtesting is, I am happy to say, paying off.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:35 am 
I think instead of "Ohio river town," he meant "Ohio River town," as in, a town near the Ohio River. You know, that body of water that forms the northern border of Kentucky. But anyway, we can debate that another time. :kiki:

For the more general question (how ya doin', V?)... I'm afraid I was right when I told you not to take my speculation as anything but my speculation. I talked to Pete not long ago, and it looks like it's going to be a while before he's got time to work with me on winding the project up and getting it published. Like, possibly quite a while. We're thinking some time this year. I'm going to try to get on Pete to make time for it sooner rather than later (Con reports? Who needs Con reports? We've got a roleplaying game to finish here!), but we'll see what happens as time goes on.

On the brighter side, as Harukaze pointed out (just had to gloat, didn't you? :), this is giving us extra time to playtest it some more and go over any details we may have missed before, so the game will be that much better when you do get it.

So, keep your fingers crossed, but don't cross 'em so hard that they go numb while you're waiting.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:48 pm 
Kahn wrote:
For the more general question (how ya doin', V?)... I'm afraid I was right when I told you not to take my speculation as anything but my speculation. I talked to Pete not long ago, and it looks like it's going to be a while before he's got time to work with me on winding the project up and getting it published. Like, possibly quite a while. We're thinking some time this year. I'm going to try to get on Pete to make time for it sooner rather than later (Con reports? Who needs Con reports? We've got a roleplaying game to finish here!), but we'll see what happens as time goes on.

Being.... very..... patient! Or trying to be.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:26 am 
I'm sure Brent appreciate's your patience dude, still wish there was some way we could sneak you into the testing. Got a microphone? :P

Yeah, I meant Ohio River, since I assuemd that was the only one that COULD be near Kentucky. But, as it turns out our landlocked "international harbor" just happens to be on a lake with a Transdimensional portal in its middle. That also gives harbor access to the desert planet of DUNE. Go figure.

Actually, we picked the state randomly for location, and ran 3 games before anyone remembered that Kentucky is completely cut off from the ocean. Horaay for playing in a world where that doesn't matter.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:19 pm 
*laugh*

Yeah...

Anyway, working on making the game rock that much more now. Hoping to make all this waiting worth it. (For me and for you... 'Cause, you know, Pete and I are hoping for this thing to make money, after all.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:00 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
Y'know, I hear the best way to make money is to give it out for free to everyone... Call me crazy but the last guy who did it is swimming in a lake of hundred dollar bills. *gives knowing nod*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
I'm just hoping that as a play tester I'll get a gratis copy. That'd be swell since I'm poor.

And then I'll run it here in GRPG.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:08 pm 
Damn, I wish we were going to have a budget for that... *laugh*

Sorry, dude. Maybe next edition.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:14 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
Skitz, your current icon matches well with what you just said. Reason being that you look like you are towering, and theres a slight grin. A grin that says to me, "This idiot. He doesn't know that if I don't get it for free I'm going to beat it out of him."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:19 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Damn. Oh well.

Maybe I can force the guy at the comic shop to give me a copy what with my name being in the play tester list and all.

Only they'd never do that. Probably just laugh at the fact that I even thought they would.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:13 pm 
Hey, at least you're getting to play it and set down rules. I have to sit here and never even get to try and play it without having to buy the thing. >.<

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:28 am 
I desire UPDATES!!

:torg:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:21 am 
Come on! There's got to be something on this!

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG