Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
The Village of Edam is a small establishment, lorded over by those of the noble Havarti line. Since the death of Count Regalou Havarti in the early autumn, lordship over his lands has been divided between his only living kin: Count Esrom Havarti, his nephew, and Countess Sirene Havarti, his daughter.

There is a rumor of tension between these cousins, concerning the Havarti inheritance, and Edam is one of the villages they both have staked a claim in. Such matters of lordship hardly concern the peasants of Edam, however, and time passes quietly by for sovereign and peasant alike.

But all of that is about to change....

Edam - Wednesday Morning

The soft glow of the winter sun spreads across the eastern sky as dawn comes to Edam, piercing the morning fog and lifting it. Sleeping Edam slowly wakes as the first doors open and the villagers begin their days. The church bell tolls. A cock crows.

Climbing higher, the sun begins to warm the crisp and frosted grasses, melting ice to dew. There is no snow in Edam, despite the cold and the season. The first winter storm is yet to come, and passers-through warn that it may soon be on its way.

This day is just like any other.

The Official Player Roaster wrote:
Crake
Grillick
chaosman
Kajin
Skitzophrenik
FreakyBoy
Hyp3rB14d3
gregnier
SSJJared

room for 1!
Your names and occupations/relations will be added to this list to help identify your character

___________________________________________________________________________________________
((OOG: You may begin RP now. It's just another normal day in Edam. Everyone starts as a normal townie, and I PM you your special roles (if applicable) on 12-14. That's when the REAL game begins!

I offer a few pointers for easy gameplay [HINT: I appreciate it when you do these things!] :

Please include your character's name each time you post. It's so much easier to keep track of you if
you wrote:
"And what's that have to do with me?" asked John
as opposed to if
you wrote:
"And what's that have to do with me?"

When it comes time to VOTE, please make your vote bold. I wouldn't want to miss it!
For example, qL wrote:
"What's that have to do with me?" asked John. He looks suspiciously at his father. "You're the one whose idea it was to check on Samuel this morning! You must've known he was killed! You're trying to frame me! YOU must've killed him!"
A fine piece of writing to be sure, but John has not cast his vote for anyone. Although he has accused his father of murdering Townie Samuel - which, for the sake of our story, was done by a Werewolf - John did not actually VOTE for his father, James.
For to show another wrong example, qL wrote:
"I vote James," says Susan.
But alas, Susan's vote was not bold enough to be heard!
To show the kiddies the RIGHT way, qL also wrote:
"You killed Samuel, and now you must die, son," said James.
VOTE: John
Hey! James voted!
For demonstrative purposes, qL wrote:
"I have to vote for John. He's a mean guy and he chased me off his lawn with a pitchfork yesterday," says young Billy.
Hey! Billy voted too!
See what kind of trouble this gets us in? Instead of a tie, John is up by 2 votes because he and Susan did not put their votes in bold! Don't end up like John. DEAD.

To point a Finger of Suspicion (FOS), follow the same rules as voting. FOS does not count as a vote, though. It only telegraphs which way your vote may lean and where your suspicions lie. That way, you can say "I told you so!"

Don't take offense! Werewolves is a game of pointing fingers and unfair accusations. I have faith that you, my players, will not hurt any feelings IRL, and that you will understand that when your character is murdered or executed, that it totally wasn't personal.

Last edited by quesoLOCO27 on Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:03 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Lumberjack Grillick is up before sunrise, ax in hand with his faithful dog dragging an empty travois out into the woods. In the early afternoon, he will return with a full load of firewood, as always, selling it to earn his living. He always comes out into the village center, shortly after noon, hawking his goods. "Firewood! Don't want to freeze overnight, now do we?"

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:19 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Bartender Kajin wakes up very early in the morning as the sun rises. Grumbling quietly to himself, Kajin gets out of his bed, dresses himself in his favorite rawhide tunic and walks through the door into the main room of his house where the bar was setup. He didnt normally get many drinkers this early in the morning, so just after opening the front door and posting the "Open" sign, he set about making himself breakfast in a leisurely manner.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:46 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Watchman Crake begins his morning patrol of Edam. While the little town is incredibly peaceful(or incredibly dull, according to his wife), it never hurts to keep a vigilant eye upon the town. So much lawlessness can be prevented with a simple "Cut that out!"

Post Posted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:15 pm 
As dawn breaks across the sky, preacher chaosman wakes with a start. "If I could just remember that dream." he muses. "I am sure it was important." After getting dressed in his work robes he fixes himself breakfast and putters around the hut he calls home. "Why don't these townsfolk believe me?" he wonders. "I have warned them countless times that danger approaches." "The signs are everywhere!" Shaking his head ruefully he heads over to the church to ring the morning bell.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:37 am 
AOL: Venom13537
Willie Wilson wakes up just a little before noon. His pants are tied around his head, he seems to be on the roof of some building, and he also seems to have been in the process of painting a large phallic symbol on said roof of building using a beer bottle and some ketchup. "...Huh? Where am I?" Drowsily, Willie walks to the edge of the roof and looks over. And then falls off. "Ow... Oh right, I wuz drinkin with Bubba. Buuuubba?" It is at this point Willie notices his lack of pants. "Oh crap. Mah pants are gone! Paaaants! Where are ya?" "Not quite awake yet, and not sober yet either, Willie begins searching for his trousers just outside the local tavern.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:46 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Oh great, Willie. Please don't come in here please don't come in here please don't come in here Bartender Kajin pleads the mantra inside his head over and over with manic fervor as he hears the damn drunkard walking around outside.
Or atleast put some pants on.... Kajin thinks as he sneaks a peek out the window and catches a gander of something he really didn't want to see.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:11 am 
AOL: Venom13537
Fortunately for all parties involved, while Willie's pants have made a migration to his head, his undergarments have not. Unfortunately for all parties involved, Willie took a steak knife to them a few months back on a drunken escapade not unlike his current one, leaving them tattered and filled with holes. "PAAAANTS, WHERE ARE YA?"

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:35 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jared, Innkeeper, yawns again as he continues to clean the kitchen on the bottom floor. He has been up very early, since even in this small town, you're guarenteed to get a couple people who want food.

Suddenly he starts. "OK, where the HECK did that ketchup bottle go?"

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:42 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Tink tink. TANK. Tink tink. TANK. Tink tink. TANK.

FarrierBoy spends most every day at his forge, working on some small project or another. Right now he is repairing a kettle for the tavern.

Fortunately, the noise from his forge keeps him from hearing Willie.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:15 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Tap tap. TAP. Tap. tap. TAP. Tap tap. TAP.

Down other end of t' street from the Ferrier's is the Cobbler's, where the less metallic sound of a hammer driving shoe tacks through a sole is occasionally heard. Otherwise it's safe to say that t' cobbler, Skitz, might be sewing up a boot, or something similar.

People need shoes, too, you know.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
At around noon time, Bartender Kajin puts up the closed sign and goes for a walk. He is sure to grab his wallet on the way out, he needs some firewood. It's going to be cold tonight and people tend to drink more when the ale is warm.

Sure, that means the odds of someone over drinking increase rapidly, but as long as people give him their coin he doesn't complain, and as long as they don't make a drunken fuss he doesn't toss them out.

"I wonder if Lumberman Grillick is back from his trip yet..." Kajin wonders aloud as he browses the shops on the way, stopping shortly inside the shoe store as he waits for the lumberman to come back from his trip

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:13 pm 
After ringing the morning bell, preacher chaosman works on Sunday mornings sermon. "I have to find a way to incorperate an injuction against public drunkenness and nudity" he thinks. "If Willie keeps this up his immortal soul is in danger, of course it won't help if he doesn't bother to attend services and hear the message." His mind on spiritual matters, chaosman doesn't notice the loose floorboard and trips, falling flat on his face. After rising and checking for a broken nose he notices he has ripped the sole half off his left boot. "Gonna have to visit Skitz again." he tells the empty room. "Third time this month." "Maybe stop by the farriers for some nails while I'm at it, gotta fix that blasted loose board." On his way across the village square he waves to Watchman Crake and calls out to Willie..... "Will we see you Sunday at services willie?".

Post Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:45 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Jared yawns again as noon passes. The few borders in the inn had already moved on after breakfast, leaving the inn entirely empty. "seriously, anothe hour of this and im just gonna close for the day. Hate wasting an empty day."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:36 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Martin Trask (oh i don't know where in the timeline in so i'll calling him the 5th) the 5th, the town undertaker and carpenter, steps out of his dwelling and sits on his porch. His goods have been of little use of late, but he feels the overwhelming need to make a few new coffins.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG