Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:55 am 
Looking back from Delivercargo4, Cecil notices Richard's collapse. Some part of his mind reaches out in a way that he didn't know how to reach out before... targeting Richard. Trying to give him a painful, but not particularly harmful, electric shock.

Hopefully, it will wake him up.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 am 
WLM: [email protected]
The buzz from Cecil jolts the very injured Richard awake. Though still a bit woozy from the attack from patia #3.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:43 am 
AOL: [email protected]
"Okay. F*** these guys. Let's get to the ship." Richard stumbles for the ship while he attempts to pull #3's eyes right out of their sockets. Gotta start small.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:03 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
María staggers as she's released from the hallucination attack. Her rage burns away the fear she was feeling before, and she stares daggers at her attacker. Carefully taking as much pain from Richard as she can without compromising herself, she amplifies it with her anger and visualizes the head of Patia #5 exploding. With a furious yell she drills the pain straight into her attacker's skull. Then she blocks her mind from Richard's to prevent being overwhelmed again. "Cover us!" she shouts as she bolts for Delivercargo4. She wants to help Richard move, but being disabled by his pain has made her more cautious. Instead, she'll continue mental attacks at whoever appears to most threaten Richard or herself as she flees.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:18 pm 
Jason doesn't even notice the beam that grazes his thigh as he gets close to Richard and Maria. At which point, he pulls his gore covered wand out of Eli with a wet sucking sound, letting the body fall to the floor, and slides his good arm under Richard. He then makes as much speed as possible towards the ship, firing at what's left of the patrol in an effort to drive them to cover and keep them there.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Assuming the ship is open, Tom takes Sisu inside and heads back outside to help the others into the ship. If the ship is not open, then he will rapidly start figuring out how to get it open.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:41 am 
Cecil keeps an eye on those running for the ship. Anyone who falls asleep will get a wake-up buzz. If no-one falls asleep, then the first Patiae to aim a weapon at one of the group will get a buzz in his arm, hopefully contracting some muscles and spoiling his aim.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:13 am 
The door is indeed open, and the bright green Terrell is waiting in the cargo hold, waves of frustration and anxiety rolling off of him.

What the hell is going on? We felt the danger but -- he says as Cecil enters the ship with the injured Gil. Blue blood drips from the scratches across Gil's chest. Holy --

Tom appears with the severely injured Sisu, whose whole shirt is stained blue from the hole in his side.

Mother Light, you too? Terrell says, helping Tom lower Sisu to the floor before Tom leaves the ship to help others. What HAPPENED??

Sisu attacked, Gil says, wincing as he touches his chest. The Patrol retaliated. And the humans...well, they didn't exactly run for the ship.

Terrell's frustration and anxiety whips around Gil and Cecil. He stands and runs for a monitor on the wall near the elevator. It flicks on, showing Veda.

What is going on out there? Veda says.

No time, Terrell responds. Just be ready to fly on my cue. You'll be flying quick and fast today, understood?

Back outside, Richard's rage must be fueling his attack despite his injuries, as he is successful at pulling #3's eyes from their sockets, though not completely off. They dangle in front of his face as sparkles of pain explode in the minds around him. The patia drops into a fetal position. Richard stumbles toward the ship, and makes it, falling on the ramp.

Patia #5 is hit by the pain, and staggers back, holding his head, stunned and screaming inwardly. Maria runs, making it about halfway to the ship.

Jason hits Patia #5 in the knees, though the patia barely feels the blast compared to the pain in his head. Jason misses #3 and #6, but catches #4 in the shoulder. #4 fires at Jason in retaliation, but misses. Jason makes it to the ship, absolutely caked in blue, patia blood mixing with his own around his shoulder and thighs into a thick purple mess.

Tom straight up picks Maria up and runs with her back to the ship.

#6 has reached the Patrol ship, and is waving #4 on. #4 shakes his head and attends to those still alive in his Unit. #6 disappears into his ship.

Once everyone is on board, Terrell hits the button to bring up the ramp.

Go Veda! he says, his voice echoing off every mind. Go! Now!

Veda nods on screen as the ramp lurches and folds up into the cargo hold, sealing the ship. The monitor flickers off.

There is a great rumbling din and a lurch, and the ship is off.

The elevator opens and Lykke appears, running to the injured humans and patiae. Gil waves her off.

I'll live, and so will he, he says, pointing at the damaged Jason. Lykke reels back from the bloody Jason, little green shudders of disgust flicking from her mind. Those two...I'm not so sure.

He waves to the severely injured Richard and Sisu.

Damn it, we don't have a med pod for these kinds of injuries! Lykke says, kneeling and gingerly brushing the bloodied Sisu. And none of us are healers. Light, this was supposed to be recon, not a bloodbath!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:05 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
"I can heal," María says. "At least, a little bit. I'll do what I can." She kneels next to Richard and gently lays a hand on his shoulder. Having no immediate need to move, she takes as much pain as she can from him without completely overwhelming her. Her head lowers, her teeth grit, and whimpers of pain escape her lips. When she feels she can take no more, she releases him and closes her mind to him. She slumps against the wall of the ship, allowing the pain to fade away, her face wet with tears.

When she has sufficiently recovered, she will do the same for Sesu, if circumstances permit.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:11 am 
"Thanks," Richard says to Maria as he tries to sit up.
weatherwax wrote:
Damn it, we don't have a med pod for these kinds of injuries! Lykke says, kneeling and gingerly brushing the bloodied Sisu. And none of us are healers. Light, this was supposed to be recon, not a bloodbath!

"Y'know, I thought that too, but apparently soldier boy here didn't get the memo and I think we all got swept up in the moment."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:36 pm 
Jason has managed to pull most of the rage back behind his wall, but a few silver sparkles still flitter around the edge of his mind, and his eyes are still a bit wild. He is also starting to get a bit of a limp as he walks over to Richard and Sesu, dropping his bloody wand, and stripping off his gore covered shirt, revealing a horrifyingly large number of scars covering his well muscled torso. Those who didn't know before know it now: Jason has seen alot of combat.

"My job isn't to run away from a fight, it's to kill people and break things, and to try and keep my fellow soldiers alive to the best of my ability. Which is what I'm going to do now. I've seen enough dust ups to have learned a thing or two about keeping people from dieing without proper medical facilities. I'm going to need something to stop the bleeding, a good antiseptic, a pair of scissors so we can cut these clothes off from around the wound, some kind of anesthetic if you can find one, so Maria won't have to keep taking the pain on herself, a needle and thread for stitches, and any tools you may have for doing very delicate work. We're going to need lots of antiseptic."

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:55 pm 
The Lykke and Terrell watch, waves of yellow surprise coming from each, as Maria heals Richard, then Sisu. Sisu shakes his head, his dazed expression becoming sharp as Maria siphons off the pain and partially heals his wound.

Don't be so shocked, Gil says. I pushed the manifestation of their powers a bit, just in case we needed them.

Perhaps these injuries wouldn't have happened if you let them be, Terrell says, whipping anger at Gil and waving a hand at Gil, Jason, Sisu and Richard.

And perhaps we'd all be dead, Sisu says mildly as he sits up. No way to know now.

It was a surprise inspection, Lykke says, crossing her arms. You could have talked your way around it. But now we've got dead Patrol members on our head, pursuit by the Patrol and a visible attack on the Outliers! Damn it, what were you thinking?

Jason wrote:
"My job isn't to run away from a fight, it's to kill people and break things, and to try and keep my fellow soldiers alive to the best of my ability. Which is what I'm going to do now. I've seen enough dust ups to have learned a thing or two about keeping people from dieing without proper medical facilities. I'm going to need something to stop the bleeding, a good antiseptic, a pair of scissors so we can cut these clothes off from around the wound, some kind of anesthetic if you can find one, so Maria won't have to keep taking the pain on herself, a needle and thread for stitches, and any tools you may have for doing very delicate work. We're going to need lots of antiseptic."

Wonderful, a Protector that has a passion for killing, Terrell says snidely.

Shut up, Terrell! Lykke snaps. Jason, thank you for the expertize, but now that Maria has healed the worst of the damage, a few medipads should take care of the rest. That includes your wounds. Anyone who is healthy, please help the injured and follow me.

She leads the entire group to the elevator, which whizzes for a moment before opening on a floor that looks like a cross between an exam room and a hospital room: a number of pods lined up in a row, a couple of exam tables, one wall taken up by a shelf with a sink, and cabinets above and below the shelf. The Lykke motions for the injured to sit where they will, opens a cabinet and pulls out a large box. She opens the box, and within are bandages of all sizes, made of a material that looks like white gauze. But if the humans look closely, they can see that the gauze is rippling with movement. She holds the box to each injured person, waiting for them to take a pad, then walks to a monitor on the wall next to the shelf and cabinets. She presses it a few times, and curtains lower from the ceiling, hiding the injured from view.

Take off your clothes, toss them on the floor and place the medipad on your injuries, she says briskly. Terrell get you some clothes that aren't all bloodied.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:08 pm 
Richard applies the medipads. He then begins laughing maniacally.

"Holy s***! I pulled his f***ing eyes out! I mean, WOW!"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:44 am 
I saw that. thinks Cecil, convulsively swallowing to try to keep his food in his stomach. The medipad works surprisingly well, but doesn't seem to do much for nausea. Maybe because the nausea is due more to a memory than any physical complaint?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 am 
"I seen worse. Just remember Richard: Do what you got to, but no more. What's the point in fighting monsters if you become one?"

Jason slaps a medipad on his shoulder and one on his thigh with a sigh of relief.

"Any day I don't have to cauterize something, especially on me, is a good day.Though I'm definitely going to need another shower."

He waves his wand weapon in the air after a moment.

"Hey, what should I do with this? You have an armoury I can drop it off at?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG