Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject: Re: Godstorm
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:53 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
FreakyBoy, you are the best. I mentioned Hesperide as a plague land when I was discussing plague, but forgot to mark it on Kajin's territory list, so thank you for that as well.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:08 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
The Prophet-King FreakyBoy awoke in a cold sweat. He quickly noted the dream, as he did whenever the Gods spoke. Drawing his cloth around him, he strode to address his advisers.

"Last night in dream I walked the walls of Uruk, with great Gilgamesh at my side. We looked from those walls to distant Babylon, whose streets choke with filth and whose halls are littered by the offal of the Norsemen. He spoke no words; no words were needed. Even from distant Uruk, I could see the message plain. Gather the armies. We retake our homeland."

Diplomatic ties warrant announcement: should the Norsemen not abandon their invasion of the Babylonian homeland peaceably, not only shall Babylon retake itself by force, but also shall Druaga nip ever at their heels, and the foul plague they have brought upon fair Babylon shall ever follow them in misery.

Babylon deploys its troops:

Rus (8, Temple)
Scythia (3)
Assyria (5, Gilgamesh)
Ionia (1)

Watch this space for a map of first-turn placement, updated as placements are posted (I make no guarantee that I will continue doing this throughout the whole game.)

Black Diamonds are temples. Coloured squares are Gods (all War at the moment, but I'm labelling them to allow the possibility of labelling multiple Gods.)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:47 pm 
The warrior rides for the Sun, his heels spurred, tearing through lands foreign. Sand kicks up around his heels as the steed strides through the streets of the desert city. He dismounts before the Palace of Egypt. "I would speak to your Queen!" he calls, as the attendants at the gates start at his appearance. It is the Lord of the Norse, from his quarters at Sheba. His blades, legendary among those who saw them in the War for Babylon, remain sheathed and wrapped in cloths upon his horse's broad back. He strides through the gates, his robes flowing around his heels, removing his helm. "My Lady Weatherwax! I, Lord Ross, would speak to ye!" he calls.

Ross offers Weatherwax support for the occupancy of Africa for a combined military campaign against Babylonia in Asia Minor.

The darkened hall, illuminated only by a pulsing glow on the priestess's brow, seems to ripple with shadows. Two attendants set a gigantic tankard of ale on the low-set slab set in the floor. The woman in the leather robes pushes back her hood and begins to chant words only spoken once before, an aeon before, in a time of desperate need.

As she finishes the chant, silence reigns in the hall. She sighs, then begins to pull her hood forward- and hears something. Drumming. Coming closer.

A spear of forked lightning splits the sky and the roof, and Thor, God of Thunder, stands once again upon mortal ground. He grins silently, hefting Mjölnir, then kneels to hear the words of the Priestess. The Gods march to War.

The call to arms excites the garrisons of warriors upon the border lines:

Dacia (5, Thor)
Tritonis (3)
Anatolia (4, Temple)
Sheba (4)
Minoa (1)

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:16 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Map updated with Ross's placement.

And Grillick's.

And weatherwax's.

Last edited by FreakyBoy on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Grillick peered down into the murky waters of the pool, frowning deeply as he stroked his thick beard. "Do you see that, Giltaras? In the scrying pool. Nuada has returned to us. He gathers our forces in Gaul. Too long have we rested in these frigid wastes. It is time to return to the isles of our ancestors." The other man nods at his elder, smiling. They set forth from the temple in Thule to raise an army of their own.

Thule - (5, Temple)
Gaul - (7, Nuada)
Galicia - (3)
Carthage - (1)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:19 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The only two players who have yet to deploy troops are weatherwax and I, right?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:23 pm 
Yes, and weatherwax goes next.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:39 am 
The grand hall of Lady Weatherwax is filled with the murmurs of the members of her court, staring at the man that smells of sea and sweat and animal hides. Sunlight flickers off the gilt walls, the marble columns, the broad steps to her throne. An assemblage of ladies-in-waiting and eunuchs surround Lady Weatherwax, bearing cups of wine and beer, bowls of grapes, apples, pears, cheeses, fans that send small winds about the edges of her thick, square wig. She stares at Lord Ross_Varn, her face as unmoving as stone. She lifts a finger. Slaves in white linen swarm the Norse lord, gently pushing him onto a stool, pressing a goblet of beer in his hand, washing and massaging his feet with perfume, feeding him grapes.

"An interesting proposition, Lord Ross_Varn," Weatherwax says. The court is silenced by her speaking, and her soft voice carries through the hall. "We have long wished that Egypt hold all of Africa as is our natural right. And we have had visions as of late that the priests call proof of the gods' return to earth; no longer are we the only living god."

She leans forward on her golden throne.

"But tell us, northman, if we are to battle Babylon with you, that people with whom we have had great success in trade, what is our benefit? You have small holdings here in Africa. Not enough to defend us from attack from the Celt barbarians. And once you have taken Asia Minor, who is to stop you from turning back on your promise? And what do we see but that the Norsemen have positioned themselves throughout the world, ready to control all of her lands? Asia Minor and Europa are filled with your men! You even control Minoa, and threaten our borders with your armies!"

She bows her head, deep in thought. A small crook of a smile appears on her face.

"We shall relinquish Phoenicia to one or the other of your armies. Which army reaches us first is up to you, of course, my lord. And we will take Cyrenacia, we are sure with little protest. Enjoy your beer, my Lord. May it not be your last on this Earth."

The sun fades from the hall. A shadow rises from behind Lady Weatherwax's throne, set against the golden paintings behind her, a great man with thick limbs and a head that twists into that of many animals -- jackal, aardvark, fennic, giraffe -- both gentle and vicious.

Egypt (4, temple)
Kush (4)
Nubia (8, Set)

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:55 pm 
Ross contemplates the Lady's Shadow, watching it ripple. He tilts his head back and sighs, then motions the attendants away. Leaning forward, he strokes his chin, and then points at the Lady. "Make no mistake, but the Norse hold to their allies and promises as Honor itself demands. We are not a civilization of savages, nay matter what others we border with think." He reseats himself in his longleauge boots and stands. "Aye, at some point, a fine balance of politics will cave under pressure of war. But as ye wish. We will keep from each other's business, as the world goes mad." Looking again at the Shadow, a frown creases his forehead. "Just recall. D'y nay force yourself upon us, and we shall do ye the same." Turning, he crosses the pristine floor, pausing at the door, and looking again at the court. "Besides- the last beer I raise in victory shall be in Valhalla itself. Thank ye for your hospitality. Pray we do not meet again as enemies, m'lady." With a swift bow, the Lord of the Norse leaves the court of the Lady of the Desert, riding back to the front of the bottled tides of war...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:31 pm 
OOC: Oooh, forgot to say: thanks for throwing the board up, FB! It's WAY easier to get a sense of what's going on with it in front of me. I know you make no promises to keep it updated, but even as-is, it'll be easier to track.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Emperor Kajin sits upon his throne, overlooking the goings-on in the War Room. He watches with impatient disinterest as his greatest generals discuss strategy and politics. After several hours pass and the meeting finally adjourns, Kajin steps down from his throne and makes for the temple to offer his prayers to Olympus.

"War is upon us. The final hour is nigh. Soon, the whole world shall know your glory, O Mighty Zeus!"

Stepping away from the altar, Kajin summons a messenger.

"Take down this message, young servant. Let it be known that Greece wishes to enter into military alliance with the Celts. We will support the Southern Front of Germania by moving our forces into Africa and engaging with the forces of Queen weatherwax. Send Hermes as our envoy, he is our fastest."

Hibernia (3)
Poseidonis (8, Temple)
Oricalcos (6, Ares)

OOC: Yeah, the map is very helpful.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm 
As the lord of the Norse leaves, Weatherwax puts up a hand. All in her court disperse. Her advisers step forward from the shadows.

"So, we shall wage war," she says. "The Celts and the Greeks are at our door."

She narrows her Kohl-blackened brows.

"The Greeks have long been at our backs," she says. "They desire our ancient birthright, ever eating away at our great lands. Send word to the Celts! Tell them that we have no desire to fight with them. Africa is our desire, no more. Tell them that we shall not fight for their birthright of Iberia, and in fact welcome them as neighbors!"

She smiles.

"And perhaps we shall discuss the fate of Atlantis at a later date, once they have dispatched the plague of the Greeks that befoul Hibernia."

OOC: I just want to be sure that alliances are okay to play without movement of armies. We play that way with normal Risk among my family/friends, but I wasn't really sure on the boards, so I thought I'd tip my hand just in case.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:51 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"As a gesture of good will, Greece will be more than willing to cede control of Alemannia over to the Celts. We will gladly cede control of Hibernia once those upstart Norsemen have been expelled and our border secured."

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 pm 
You wanna place some units, there, Kajin?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Grillick wrote:
You wanna place some units, there, Kajin?

I don't get the question. Are you asking me to place units in Alemannia? Because that makes no sense. I'm giving you Alemannia, so why would I place units there?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG