Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:15 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"A genocidal, nigh immortal maniac leading an army of fanatics hellbent on killing or converting everyone and everything. A touch concerning, that." Felix scratches his head. "We've got a lot of work ahead of us."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:34 am 
And on that note, the meal breaks up and everyone heads off. The smokehouse is well on the way to be finished by the next day; there's plenty of meat, for the moment, and so David insists on finally waking the Captain. He calls in the medical staff, and Piper joins their group, playing a gentle tune on her pipes as she waits to see what's happening. If anyone else wants to greet the Captain as he wakes up, there's a chance to do so.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:40 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix will be there, of course. He has to see what the Captain will be like first hand. He'll be on standby to greet him during the awakening and to help catch him up on events if need be.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:01 am 
Nate turns up bearing a plate of food and a canteen full of water. He knows they'll be needed.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:14 am 
Dr. Vanderbilt has Nate put the food and water he brought with the food and water she brought.

It takes some time for all the systems to complete the waking-up process (Piper passes the time by playing a pleasant tune), but eventually Captain Argent wakes up. David passes him something to eat, and he devours it ravenously, ignoring the small crowd gathered round.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix stands at attention nearby, patiently waiting for the Captain to be finished. Ready, willing and able to answer any questions that might come up. The sooner Argent is brought up to speed, the better.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:39 pm 
After some time, the Captain looks around at the small crowd.

"Alright, clearly there's something you lot want to tell me," he says. "What is it? And who's the kid with the flute?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:52 pm 
"You might want to put some pants on first. What we have to say will wait that long, and you'll want to be wearing pants for it. Trust me. It's going to be one of those days."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:05 pm 
"If it's urgent enough for you to stand around staring at me when I'm being woken up, it must be pretty urgent. Give me a ten-second summary."

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm 
"Our alarm-clock didn't go off, anything remotely perishable has perished, and we've landed in the middle of happy-medieval-funtime-world, complete with Knights in shining armour and creatures of myth and legend.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:00 pm 
"No immediate danger?" asks the Captain.

"No, sir," says David promptly.

"Right, meeting in conference room B in ten minutes to fill in the fine detail, then. Now everybody scram, I need to get dressed."

--------------

In fairly short order, the entire group is moved to Conference Room B. It has a nice, metallic table and what probably were once very nice chairs, except the upholstery appears to have rotted away in the meantime (with the result that everyone is forced to stand - except Piper, who sits on the table).

"Right," says Captain Argent, "let's hear the fine detail. What's going on?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:19 pm 
"Well, things are better and worse then we'd planed for."

"As I said, all the food we brought with us, as well as the ship's power core, are dead and gone. That's the bad news. The good news is that the planet we've landed on has breathable atmo, water and a very diverse biosphere. It's also home to humans, case in point."

Nate gestures to Piper.

"We found her out in the woods outside the ship. We call her Piper. She doesn't talk much. We also have two Knights outside who have been helping us out. The local political situation is.... fluid, and will need to be delt with carefully. Nobody here speaks a lick of english, or any other language I know, but for some reason both me and him," Nate gestures to Felix, "can speak the local dialect. I try not to think about that or the implications it raises too much."

Nate looks at Felix.

"Did I leave anything out?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We're working on sorting the food out," Felix continues. "The local forest has hunting and we're constructing a smoke house to get preserved meat in the short term. In the long term we've got a location scouted out for farmland and we're debating setting up a field hospital to trade our own medical expertise for supplies until we become self sufficient."

Felix ponders for a moment.

"Also, yes. Weird Things Are Happening. Nathan and I awoke from our capsules speaking the local language. I have no idea how or why. Magic seems to be a thing and we fought a winged lion with a scorpion stinger just hours ago. This place we landed in is all kinds of crazy. David, is there anything else we missed?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:54 pm 
"You two aren't command crew," says Captain Argent. "Why are you even awake?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"The ship landed by itself and our capsules opened up by themselves," Felix explains. "I don't know anything else beyond that. We woke up to no power, no food, no one else awake, and a small horde of Knights in armor at our airlock wanting to know what the hell was going on. Suffice to say we were somewhat out of our depth. Thankfully they didn't try to kill us and were willing to let us to our own devices once they were sure we had no hostile intentions. We managed to set up some windmills to get power restored with the assistance of two Knights they left behind and that's what has let us wake everyone else up."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG