Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post subject: Re: Flash FATE
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:16 pm 
Don't worry too much about those +1 skills. We could play right now and sort the rest out as we go if you want.

As for the lightsaber, you could hide it in plain sight as a flashlight or comlink. Or if you want it near to hand at all times, keep it stored in one of those bracers that everyone seems to have. The ones that have things like comlinks and control units, grapnels, blasters or flame-throwers built into the top. You would just happen to have your lightsaber concealed in the bottom, ready to snap out into your hand at a moments notice.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
What sort of weapon rating would a lightsaber have over a blaster, if you're using weapon ratings?

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:28 pm 
Hold-out blasters add 1 shift, standard blasters are 2, heavy blasters and sporting blaster rifles are 3, military blaster rifles are 4, mounted blaster cannons are 5.

Unarmed is at 0 unless you take stunts, brass knuckles and knives are 1, swords, axes and other "standard" melee weapons are 2, two-handed melee weapons are 3, adding the "vibro" or "shock" descriptor adds +1 shifts worth of damage, and shock weapons can be used to deal stun damage. Lightsabers deal a massive 4 shifts worth of damage, and ignores any armour or weapons the target is wearing or defending with unless they're made from special materials.

There are other exotic weapons available, but that will cover the lion's share of what's out there.

Armor soaks up a number of shifts worth of damage, and can take consequences to further absorb damage, but these can be tagged by your enemies afterwards to give a bonus, just like regular consequences.

You can also get personal shield generators, which act much like the shields on a ship do, but they usually absorb 4 shifts of damage, with a capacity of 20 shifts before they become inoperative.

Lugging about large amounts of ordnance and heavy armor and shield generators tends to raise eyebrows even in the most lawless of spaceports, and trouble frequently follows, either as a visit from the friendly local imperial garrison, or by the neighbourhood toughs, looking to show everyone who's boss, and maybe score some new equipment.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:03 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Quote:
Path to Freedom

High Concept: It'll Get You Where You're Going, Blockade or Not
When Dran repurposed Path to Freedom, he had escaping the might of the Empire in mind, and you can't do that if you're not prepared to outrun enemy ships or punch your way through a blockade. It needed to have guns, it needed to take a hit, but most importantly it needed to be as fast as possible.

Aspect: Haywire Hyperdrive
Dran managed to find a pretty good hyperdrive that only catches fire occasionally. He lifted it off of a shattered smuggling vessel of similar size to the hull he was repurposing and it's pretty fast when it works. Unfortunately it took some damage when the smuggling vessel it was a part of was destroyed and it doesn't always start up the first time, necessitating on the fly emergency repairs.

Aspect: That Engine is Hot
Specifically, it's stolen. Or at least part of it, anyway. Dran found a pretty good sublight engine that needed some replacement components he couldn't find in the scrap yards despite days of frantic searching, forcing him on a rare excursion into town to try and purchase the components needed to fix it. He was in the middle of negotiations for the rightful purchase of said components and was about to make the payment when a squad of storm troopers came looking for a Jedi fugitive. They blasted the shop apart, forcing Dran to make a break for it with the parts in hand. The owner of the shop, a rather unscrupulous fellow named Bendak Mald, was none too pleased with this turn of events and has been chasing after Dran ever since with the intent of taking vengeance for the damage to his shop and theft, however unintentional, of his components. At least Dran has a working engine, now.

I've got two more aspects to go for my ship. I think I also need two or three more aspects for my character, as well. For the ship itself, I'm aiming for something with high stats but has some drawbacks as compensation, if possible.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:56 pm 
I love those aspects, and I'm really liking this ship. Keep up the good work.

Also, after much deliberation, and a few hours of sleep, I've decided to rename the Force Empathy stunt to Kajin's original idea of Force Sense, to avoid any possible confusion with the Empathy skill. You may throw your popcorn at me now.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:07 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Commencing throwtation of popcorn receptacles in T-minus 10 seconds...

Trying to come up with a catch all aspect for the cockpit of the ship. Something that encompasses the targeting and sensors. Also debating an aspect for my character called Hurt, Helpless and Afraid concerning his time shortly after his escape.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:56 am 
"Sees All, Shoots All."? Or how about, "I Can Run, But You Can't Hide."?

I think "Hurt, Helpless, and Afraid." could be interesting. It has lots of compellability to earn you FATE points, but you can get really creative in tagging it for all sorts of things.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 am 
"Weapon of Mass Distraction" - not quite sure what to do with this, but it's a great name

"Weapon of Mass Destruction" - a mix of overpowered weapons and a faulty IFF system means that the Path's homing missiles will always hit someone, but have a bad habit of hitting the wrong thing (like an ally) any time the gunner misses - not a problem when everything around you is hostile, of course.

"Clone Drones" - little drones that fake the heat signature, ship beacon, and sensor trail of the Path - whenever a Clone Drone is fired, enemy guided munitions have a 50% chance of locking onto the drone instead of the Path, thus blowing up the wrong thing and saving the Path's shields.

"Held Together With Spit And Prayer" - The ship's systems work, but barely - with high-voltage lines running across the main corridor, and several important components temporarily shoved into the walkways, it combines "fragile" with "quick access to whatever needs fixing this time".

"Hot On My Tail" - The rear-facing tracking torpedoes make it a dicey proposition to chase after the Path - the rear is significantly more dangerous, in fact, than the less heavily weaponed front...

Edit: Also tweaked my skills a touch. I now have some athletic ability.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 am 
Poke poke prod.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:58 am 
I'm ready to go. Kajin?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:37 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Character and ship still aren't all the way finished, but I'm lacking inspiration for further aspects. If you want to start with what I've got right now I'm game.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:28 am 
Sorry guys, work kicked my butt today. I'll try to get something up for tomorrow night. That seems to be when we're all most active anyway.

Post subject: Star Wars: Outlaws. OOC.
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:56 am 
And here we go. Play the Main Theme and let's get ready to rock.

Also, here is a Nifty Map for those interested. See if you can find Kemal Station!

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:53 am 
Sorry for the insane lack of posting. Work has been calling me in, and I'm volunteering at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo this weekend, but I'll have a post up tonight.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:55 am 
...have fun at the expo.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG