Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:48 pm 
Arkady: Mysteries: +4 Roll: +0 Total: +4

Arkady opens his mind to the room, and tries to filter through the impressions received.

Life - vitality - it's always been associated with a person before. Everyone has their own feel of vitality - hard to see, harder to quantify - but there's a difference between an elderly man on his deathbed and a youth full of life that goes beyond the obvious.

The young Queen doesn't have much life of her own. But -

- twelve swords, raised in salute, in a circle -

- what is there is somehow sustained, buoyed by the crystal that surrounds her. Her own life force is fading, slowly, a little more with every heartbeat, but -

- a Styric lady in a white robe, collapsing onto the throneroom floor -

- as it fades, the crystal replaces it. Where the crystal is getting that replacement life force from, Arkady can't tell.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix, knowing he's out of his depth, steps outside to keep an eye on things and maybe to head off the sergeant that's on the way if need be. He smiles warmly at the remaining guard in an attempt to put them at ease.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:01 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks around the room again, then asks Sir Ulath "Who cast this spell? A Styric priestess?"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:31 pm 
The guard gives Felix a very nervous look.

"I believe it was the Lady Sephrenia, the Styric who tutors the Pandion Knights in magic," replies Sir Ulath. "But the Pandions will know a lot more about the spell than I do."

Felix notices an elderly man strolling along the corridor towards him, carrying a lot of fresh torches.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:41 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
"So." After a beat, Arkady goes on "Who is paying the price for this spell? Lady Sephrenia? Pandion knights? Both?"

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix glances at the old man.

"Hello, friend. Do you perhaps require assistance? That looks an impressive burden."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:48 am 
The elderly man promptly gives Felix a bunch of torches, and heads on into the throne room (the lone guard makes no move to stop or even question him). "You replace the torches on the left," he says, "and I'll replace the torches on the right."

"What price?" asks Sir Ulath.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:10 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Sure," Felix replies, grabbing the torches allotted to him. He goes to do as asked. "What is this for, if I might ask? Just keeping the room lit?"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:17 am 
Lacking anything better to do, Nate lends a hand in replacing the torches, idly listening in on Akadey and Ulath's conversation.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:38 am 
The elderly man nods at the encrystalled Queen. "Sir Sparhawk asked me to make sure she wasn't left in the dark." He nods at Sir Ulath. "Ulath."

Sir Ulath nods back. "Lenda."

"And might I ask who the three of you are?" asks the elderly man (presumably Lenda), as he starts replacing the nearly burnt-down torches, lighting each one from the stub of its predecessor. "I know I haven't seen you around the palace before..."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:43 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"We're Ambassadors of the Terran people," Felix replies. "I believe that since we were here it's our duty to pay a visit and give our respects to the Queen."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:57 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady gestures towards the crystal. "It...seems to be sustaining her; replacing her life force as she loses it to the poison. But where does the crystal get it?"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:08 am 
"You're the people who just dropped out of the sky?" asks Lenda. "I'll be sure to tell her you came by when she wakes up."

Sir Ulath frowns at the crystal. "I don't know," he admits. "This magic is beyond me. The Pandions will probably know more."

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:26 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods, then looks around for Piper. "I wonder if Piper is playing with the Regent again. I also wonder if that Primate of yours can tell me from a Styric, given his great love for them and our similar skin color."

Glancing back at the knight, he asks "Would a dozen swords raised in salute mean anything to her Majesty? Vassals or knights or some such?"

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Yup, our ship experienced some catastrophic failure and now we're stuck in the Fangorn Forest," Felix replies. "Not exactly something we intended or expected but there you go."

Felix shrugs, before continuing to light and replace more torches.

"We came today to discuss politics. Since it's not possible for us to leave anymore, it's sort of important to make sure everyone is on the same page and that there is no ill will or hostilities," Felix scratches his head, smiling. "Are you the Earl Lenda, by chance?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG