Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:51 am 
Felix: Engineering: +5 Roll: -2 Total: +3

Felix rigs up a few elastics, attached to everything in the pockets of everyone going with. You can take stuff out of your pocket. You just can't take it more than about arm's length away.

And the group heads into Cimmura.

...the group quickly realises that no-one has any idea where in Cimmura to find this Crime Lord. Your best lead is that you know some boy - a street urchin - who can probably lead you there, for a price. If you knew where to find him.

--------------

Sir Ulath and young Berit (who apparently doesn't quite merit a 'Sir' just yet) lead you into the city and through some of the main streets, looking out for the boy.

Alertness:

Felix: +2 Roll: +0 Total: +2
Arkady: +1 Roll: -1 Total: +0
Nathan: +4 Roll: -3 Total: +1
Sir Ulath: +2 Roll: +3 Total: +5
Berit: +0 Roll: +2 Total: +2

Target: +6

No-one spots him before he speaks - turns out that the small fellow in the hood was actually the boy you were looking for. At the time of speaking, he's about twice as far away from you as the elastics are supposed to reach.

"'Ere, guv," says the boy, sounding a little shocked. (Yes, there was a bit of a crowd in the town square, but how did he get quite so close?) "I never took you for the sort to use that sort of thing!"

He's holding a piece of paper in his hand. It doesn't take long to recognise it as Vanire's list of poisons.

...come to think of it, everyone's pockets are feeling a little bit light.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:19 am 
Nate shrugs, taking the sudden appearance of the little pickpocket in stride.

"I'm a healer, among other things. Alot of poisons have medicinal uses if you dilute them down enough or process them with other compounds. Some can even cure other poisons if you get the dosage right."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:47 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Yeah, we Terrans are a rather scholarly lot and we do enjoy our research," Felix says. "While we're here we wanted to find someone who could sell us poisons to research and see what sorts of qualities they had. As my friend said, poisons can have all manner of useful qualities you might not think they'd have if you don't know how to look for it."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:03 am 
The boy gives the group a rather sceptical look "Yeah, right," he says, voice heavy with sarcasm. "I'm guessing you still want me to introduce you to people?"

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:52 am 
Again, Nate shrugs.

"We'd apreciate it. It'd save us from having to waste all the time of going through the proper channels, and save everyone else all the lost teeth of having us simply walk in unannounced."

Post Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:06 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady, while considering explaining to Felix about the wonders of Velcro, pipes up: "We would hardly be needing all of those to poison someone. Any one or two would do the job. Now, can we be buying them in the market from a druggist or apothecary? The local rat catcher, perhaps?"

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:15 am 
The boy shrugs at Arkady. "Dunno," he admits. "Never been one for poisons, myself." He turns to look at Nate. "That information comes at a price," he says, "and trust me, you do not have enough coin on you to pay that price."

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:47 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Prices can always be negotiated and money can always be obtained," Felix says. "Just give me the price of admission and I can get the money given time and application of the skills I worked hard to learn. So long as you don't gouge me on the price and otherwise promise not to steal the money before the transaction can take place we'll be right as rain."

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:34 am 
"It's pretty much as Felix says. So long as we're not getting gouged, we'd be happy to grease a few palms."

Nate pauses for a moment as if something has just occured to him. He pulls a small slip of paper out from under the brim of his hat and hands it to the boy. It's an inventory of everything Nate had on him when he left the Pandion chapterhouse.

"That reminds me. I'd personally apreciate it if you could see that the items on that list make their way back into my pockets before we leave."

The list does not make any specific mention of money, however.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:13 am 
The boy gives Nate's list a puzzled look. "'Ere, guv, I dunno what half the stuff on this list even is." He looks over at Felix. "Hows about you brings what you think's enough to... hmmm.... Harga's House of Ribs, at noon? You know where that is?"

Berit indicates that he, at least, knows where that is.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:42 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Roll empathy and converse with the others in English to try and get a sense for how much money the kid wants.

Unless there are any objections or new information is gleaned that could sour the deal, Felix will agree to the meeting.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:23 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady, knowing nothing about the local monetary situation, will defer to the locals on amount; though he will try to get a sense of how serious the kid is about skinning them alive in return for the information. Or for that matter, if he's thinking of selling them out.

Tag cold read if necessary.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:49 pm 
Felix: Empathy: +2 Roll: +2 Hasty estimate: -2 Total: +2
Arkady: Empathy: +4 Roll: +3 Hasty estimate: Penalty cancelled by Cold Read stunt Total: +7
Nate: Empathy: +0 Roll: +1 Hasty estimate: -2 Total: -1

"Harga's House of Ribs" sounds like some kind of eatery, and the boy's asked you to be there at lunch time. Taking a look at the way the boy's mouth twitches up at the sides when mentioning it, Arkady suspects he's looking forward to a meal there, with the Terrans footing the bill. Perhaps a meal for him and a few friends that he can pick up on the way.

...given his disapproval of the list of poisons, Arkady suspects that the boy will probably be gathering as many friends, neighbours, and casual acquaintances as he can find before noon to pad out the bill. And probably ordering them all the most expensive thing on the menu.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:26 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady sighs quietly. "Son, I'm a priest, not an assassin. And if it is coming to that, the small book of prayers you took from my pocket needed several poisonous metals and chemicals to make. We are not needing new poisons simply because we have none already. But since yours are new to us, our healers would like to figure out their antidotes in case of accidents, and see what other good we can be doing with them."

With a slight grin he adds: "Of course, new to this land isn't newly born. If you have two or three friends with you at Harga's, we will pay. If you are inviting half the neighborhood to dine on our coin, then we will go find another guide."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:49 am 
The boy looks a little uncomfortable at the thought of a poisoned prayerbook. "Then I guess you'll need another guide," he says, with a shrug.

He turns and starts to stroll away, but not so quickly that he can't be called back.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG