Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 4:10 pm 
Lowest bidder. And making then flameproof wasn't exactly a high priority because, you see, they were intended to be used in a vacuum...

Kajin, it's up to you whether or not Theresa is with you. (She's your sidekick, you get a lot of control over where she's standing at any given time). Sir Ulath is back at the ship, just in case something sneaky turns up to attack there (since Sir Bevier is with you folk). Exactly where Piper and Talen are is a mystery, but presumably they'll turn up when it's time to go.

Also, I've put the updated character sheets in the first post of the thread.

Dodger, is Roger joining in on this bee hunt, or is he staying back at the ship?

Post Posted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Not to quibble too mightily, but this colony was not supposed to land on a planet with a shirtsleeve environment. These suits would have been what the colonists had to work in for many years, building their new home and terraforming the biosphere. Low bid or not, they would not have been suitable.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 1:29 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Roger opts to stay back at the ship. It's kind of why he's been so quiet lately. Well, that and Breath of the Wild disracting his player... :torg:

It's only been a day or so since he woke up right? A bit too early to check the digital trap that David set and modified... I guess he should probably mention the modification he made to David at some point...

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:50 am 
Weremensh wrote:
Not to quibble too mightily, but this colony was not supposed to land on a planet with a shirtsleeve environment. These suits would have been what the colonists had to work in for many years, building their new home and terraforming the biosphere. Low bid or not, they would not have been suitable.

The official explanation was that, by the time there was enough oxygen outside the giant inflatable tents to support combustion, you'd be able to go out there in a breathing mask and with an umbrella. Besides, there'd be no fuel around to support a fire, just rocks and stuff.

Dodger77 wrote:
It's only been a day or so since he woke up right? A bit too early to check the digital trap that David set and modified... I guess he should probably mention the modification he made to David at some point...

Yep, only a day or so. Besides, whoever keeps logging in quite possibly won't go near a terminal again until and unless someone else needs to be woken up. Or something else on the computers needs to be changed to support their aims.

...whatever those aims are.

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:47 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I wasn't clear. The point isn't that the suits can burn, it's that they're largely unsuitable to do any actual work in. The colonists were supposed to build a new world in those suits, a good deal of which was supposed to involve hand tools; and all of them would have known just how awkward they were after training in them. Since not everyone was from a nation that cleared their prisons and madhouses to recruit colonists, that would have led to some problems (especially when one or more of the states/coalitions actually paying the bills started to kick).

Or is there a large cadre of multi-purpose robots along for the ride who were supposed to do the grunt work of building the colony for us? And if so, are they up to the task of collecting bees?

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Why did I not ask about robots before...

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 am 
For those wondering, the shotgun Nate is using is a re-vamped Winchester Liberator, similar to that pictured below:

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 am 
Weremensh wrote:
I wasn't clear. The point isn't that the suits can burn, it's that they're largely unsuitable to do any actual work in.

Oh. Right.

The Suits do seal at the wrists. You could take off the gloves if you really need to do delicate work. (In this case, that leaves your hands vulnerable to the bees, and kind of takes away any benefits of wearing the Suits, so I'd kind of assumed you weren't doing that). Though the original intention was that putting up the large, easily-worked-with-gloves inflatable tents was the first thing you'd need to do in the Suits in any case - and once those were up, you'd have a lot of free space to do delicate work in and only need to pop out of the tents on rare occasion, and that briefly.

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:52 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
I would have thought there'd be endless work outside the tents in order to terraform a planet, but that aside; do the guard bees ease off when they smell regular smoke from the beekeeper smoker? These bees would pretty much need to have the 'get ready to flee' reflex Terran bees have in order for the colony to survive a fire.

Post Posted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I just realized, I probably should have taken Mister Fix-It as one of my stunts. It makes you do time critical repairs two increments faster.

Are we only allowed to swap out one stunt per level up? Because he hasn't used Ladies Man at all yet, either, and he's been working so hard to get things fixed as fast as possible that it makes sense that he'd gain a knack for making repairs faster.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:41 am 
The guard bees, interestingly enough, do not seem to ease off when they smell smoke. (Exactly how the hive survives a fire - or even if they can - makes for an interesting question).

They do ease off when they meet the insecticide smoke, but only because it kills them.

Kajin wrote:
I just realized, I probably should have taken Mister Fix-It as one of my stunts. It makes you do time critical repairs two increments faster.

Are we only allowed to swap out one stunt per level up? Because he hasn't used Ladies Man at all yet, either, and he's been working so hard to get things fixed as fast as possible that it makes sense that he'd gain a knack for making repairs faster.

Only one stunt-swap per level-up.

Post Posted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I forget, will we be getting additional stunts at any point?

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 3:02 am 
Yes.

Every second level-up.

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:06 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Okay, thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:51 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
The transport cage would have to have some sections of heavy gauge and very fine screening, or a few extremely narrow ducts in it. The hive isn't supposed to suffocate while it's being transported.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG