Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:30 pm 
How much is Dragon*Con?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:49 am 
AOL: sraedi
Badge(entry pass) is 85$ at this point but there's also the cost of room and travel to consider. Room can cost anywhere from 50 to 700 depending on where you stay and exactly how many people you think you're capable of sleeping in a room with. Of course, travel costs vary depending on all sorts of stuff

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:02 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Looks like we'll be staying at the Hilton. If any sluggites are in town and want to get together, PM me :)

by the way, if you buy your tix way early it's like 45$, so plan ahead to save $

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:23 am 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
My husband and I will be there. It's our first ever convention so we have no idea what to expect, but I'm sure it shall be nifty :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:22 pm 
One week to go! Do we have anymore late joiners? :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:09 am 
I will be there. I'm just not sure how many days.

Thankfully I live in GA so D*C is an easy one to attend!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:24 am 
I'm coming too. Leaving tonight from Toronto, man I'm gonna need coffee.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:06 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
We (David L. Watkins and I) leave in five hours! I am EXPLODING with EXCITEMENT here.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:38 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Maaan. I'm so tempted to just fly on standby down there just to meet all you folks.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:45 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Try an airplane; they're much more efficient.

We will want reports when you are all back, you understand...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:27 am 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
Hiya all, here is a link to some dragon con pictures! At some point I'll go through and label these all and kinda expain them, but here they are at least. There are some of the con in general, and some good ones from the Sluggy Megatome 2 party.

Dragon Con!

If anyone else has some pics, post em here!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:54 am 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
That kilted Bun-Bun sketch has more awesome in it then can be expressed in any language known to man.

I'm totally going to put that up as the unit logo for Can-Scots (A Canadian scenario paintball team that plays in kilts).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:48 pm 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
i have a few posted at my LJ: http://dotdorsner.livejournal.com/245148.html

but they are mostly of us and our friends, not as much of the crazy dressed up peeps ;) i'll post the whole lot later though.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:02 pm 
Okay, in Sonami's picture of the RPG playtest, I totally look like I'm picking my nose.

You could have warned me so I could stop for the picture.

Anyway, the Con absolutely rocked. In addition to the RPG sessions--both of which went amazingly well, I had two very creative and cool groups of players, who grasped the system easily and got wonderfully into their characters; thanks to everyone who came out--there was the Megatome party, which was all kinds of fun. The costume contest was won by a girl whom I met and whose name I have totally forgotten, sporting a very convincing costume of Zoë as the Storm Breaker. She even had a little plastic shotgun--do you have any idea how hard it is to find a toy shotgun? It's a travesty of our nonviolent culture, I tell you. Thom Solo and a chick named Amanda (I think) and I got our asses kicked at Sluggy trivia, but only because the hard questions were actually hard! (Seriously, we were way ahead until the easy questions were over.) Special thanks to Wile E. Coyote for making the questions for the contest.

After that, I saw a band called the Crüxshadows in concert; I'd never heard of them, but I seriously dug the show, and now I totally plan to download all their music illegally off the Internet. If you're into the gothic thing at all, I recommend them.

I also bought a CD each on a whim from a Ren-Faire-type-band called Bedlam's Bards and another goth band called Bella Morte, and got the latter signed by the keyboardist, just because he happened to be sitting there. Bedlam's Bards turned out to be well worth the money; if you're into that type of music, again, I'll vouch for them. As for Bella Morte... Well, after giving it a once-through, I decided to see if the keyboardist's signature will bring anything on E-bay.

Music aside, I greatly enjoyed checking out all the costumed geeks--especially the scantily clad ones. ('Cause the only thing better than a cool costume is a cool virtual lack of costume.) I feel the need to give special recognition to a girl whose attire was made entirely of duct tape (hope she waxed before she put that on, 'cause that could get painful), and also of course the Sluggy belly girls, who are just awesome on principle. And those of you who aren't so into females, or aren't just into females, will be happy to know that the Dragon*Con demographic is no longer sexist; there were very nearly as many scantily clad guys as there were girls this year. Whether any of those guys were anyone you'd actually want to see scantily clad is, of course, another question... Yeah, some of the 300 soldiers really didn't have the body for the loincloth look... But most importantly, they were there, and there was scantiness in their cladness.

On a down note, I did have to cancel the first RPG session due to a family emergency, and didn't get into Atlanta until Saturday. But everyone was very understanding and supportive, including both Pete and the Con staff. I really can't thank everyone enough for that. On the bright side, we were able to work things so that several of the people who had registered for Friday were able to play in one of the other sessions. So, again, thanks for your support, people; you rock.

And I think that's all I have to contribute to this one. Further bulletins as events warrant, or something.

Except the event is over, so there probably won't be too much more warranting. But that's beside the point.

So, there.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:05 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Quote:
I feel the need to give special recognition to a girl whose attire was made entirely of duct tape

She lives in Knoxville -- I've actually been on a lunch date with her. Hee.

I think Lord Torgamus actually won the costume contest, and Stormbreaker came in second.

If you ever get a chance to beta-test the Sluggy RPG, I encourage you to drop everything in your schedule and do so. It's a totally fun game and Kahn is one of the best and most inventive GM's I've ever gamed with!

My LJ entry and a few pics are up here.

Board index » Important Stuff » Important Threads