Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:53 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday is going insane trying to figure out why some people insist Star Trek is better than Star Wars.

It's Barfolomew space-madness I tell ya!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#75 -2 *175]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:04 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Saying that Star Trek is better than Star Wars is like saying the sky is blue, or snow is cold, or Bun Bun is badass. It's an obvious fact.

Also, Yay, Teresa is back!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:25 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Oh thank Lysinda that Sam is still ok. Maybe.

If I recall correctly this is the first time Zoe has met Slaw.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:37 am 
AOL: Eagle299
endplanets wrote:
Oh thank Lysinda that Sam is still ok. Maybe.

If I recall correctly this is the first time Zoe has met Slaw.

No, Zoe was there the first time Teresa showed up. Teresa ended up taking Zoe's place on the team while they robbed Hereti Corp. Meanwhile, Zoe ended up tracking down Monocruel's base.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:48 am 
Is it my imagination, or is Torg in disguise as Mario?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:56 am 
I don't see why people keep comparing Star Wars and Star Trek. The two aren't even in the same genre. It's like comparing The Hobbit with The Walking Dead.

Good to see Slawteresa again.

Fianna Lord wrote:
Is it my imagination, or is Torg in disguise as Mario?

I see it too, hence my comment yesterday.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:04 am 
Three dots. There are three dots on Slaw's chest in a triangle pattern. And the pattern stays in place from panel to panel!

You know what this means, right? It means she's working for the machines. They are coming for us, and they will never stop until we are dead. Dead, I tell you, dead! She may look human, she may smell human, she may even TASTE human, but she's not human! She's a robot. A cyborg. Vat grown flesh over a hardened coltan exoskeleton. It's a conspiracy! The three dots are the sign!

balthazar wrote:
I don't see why people keep comparing Star Wars and Star Trek. The two aren't even in the same genre. It's like comparing The Hobbit with The Walking Dead.

Everyone knows that The Hobbit is better than the Walking Dead.

And there's no need to justify the statement that Star Trek is better than Star Wars. It's like saying Star Trek is better than Star Wars.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:25 am 
Are we sure Aylee/Zhoas didn't just get the munchies?

balthazar wrote:
And that is exactly why this "feud" has been and always will be idiotic.

Also...

[ModHat] If this thread becomes one of those idiotic discussions, everything not related to the webcomic will be spaced out the airlock. [/ModHat]

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:56 am 
I like Theresa. But I like Sasha more! More Sasha soon, I hope. The last time she met Torg he rightly accused her of treason, and she said nothing, she just left. I can't wait to hear her explanation. Also, my idea of a perfect strip would be one with Zoƫ, Sasha and Theresa all together.

Eagle299 wrote:
Saying that Star Trek is better than Star Wars is like saying the sky is blue, or snow is cold, or Bun Bun is badass.

The absurdity! Star Trek is for nerds. Star Wars is way bigger and for a good reason. There wouldn't even have been any Star Trek movies without the Star Wars movies! Even Star Gate is better than Star Trek. And so is my upcoming Star Cake.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:23 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
Three dots. There are three dots on Slaw's chest in a triangle pattern. And the pattern stays in place from panel to panel!

You know what this means, right? It means she's working for the machines. They are coming for us, and they will never stop until we are dead. Dead, I tell you, dead! She may look human, she may smell human, she may even TASTE human, but she's not human! She's a robot. A cyborg. Vat grown flesh over a hardened coltan exoskeleton. It's a conspiracy! The three dots are the sign!

SHe wouldn't learn the minion master's ways. She's been spotted.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:16 pm 
Good god, we finally put "Captain Botanical" behind us, and now "Slaw" (the nickname, not the character) is back. It's like Pete isn't happy unless he's making Torg make us cringe.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:26 pm 
ZylonBane wrote:
Good god, we finally put "Captain Botanical" behind us, and now "Slaw" (the nickname, not the character) is back. It's like Pete isn't happy unless he's making Torg make us cringe.
Be careful, he might decide to have Torg go on a "pun-fest" as well.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:43 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
[ModHat] If this thread becomes one of those idiotic discussions, everything not related to the webcomic will be spaced out the airlock. [/ModHat]

Ladies & gentlemen, today the part of Zillatain will be played by Mary McDonnell. *hiding*

Regarding the comic, I pity Teresa if she gets on Zoe's bad side re: Torg... Zoe's more formidable than she seems. :)

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:02 pm 
balthazar wrote:

I don't see a problem with comparing across genres or even just straight comparing genres. I also don't see a problem with comparing apples and oranges. I greatly prefer oranges.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:18 pm 
Lets see if we can tempt fate shall we?

Lord Golbez wrote:
I don't see a problem with comparing across genres or even just straight comparing genres. I also don't see a problem with comparing apples and oranges. I greatly prefer oranges.

If it was merely a question of which was better on a story or production value basis, I'd be cool with it. But no. Everyone has to froth over "who would win in a fight" or "who's tech is more advanced/better" or some other such nonsense, and frankly, I'm tired of it.

I will, however say that I prefer Star Wars. The Star Trek universe is just to.... ordered for my tastes.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions