Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for July 22, 2016
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:08 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday wants to know why "A watched clock never tocks"? The darn "ticking" is driving me nuts!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
Thu=[#50 -0 *998]
Fri=[#50 -0 *1049]
Sat=[#50 -0 *1104]
Sun=[#50 -0 *1154]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:24 am 
And Torg makes it worse.

lol. I'm gonna stop guessing what Zoe might do. I suspect Pete will make her do something much more awesome/terrible than I can guess.

*popcorn time*

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:13 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Worst marriage propsal ever.

Fingers still crossed for these two, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 am 
Zoë in a wedding dress must happen.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:21 am 
Eagle299 wrote:
Worst marriage propsal ever.

Gotta say that's not the most romantic response to a proposal, either. Yow, Zoë looks positively demonic... (Torg crosses his legs)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:32 am 
Oooh, this is just perfect! If Torg was ever going to propose to Zoe it would be like this.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:13 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Apparently it is like this.

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:58 am 
While for the purposes of the comic it probably may as well be, I think it's completely stupid to consider a comment like that "a proposal". It's just logic, common sense even. Best to ignore the implications of the phrasing, saying "IF we get married" would be even worse.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:14 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
take it from experience... "So, do you want to get married?" and "I think we should get married." Are NOT proposals.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:22 am 
gregnier wrote:
take it from experience... "So, do you want to get married?" and "I think we should get married." Are NOT proposals.

No? That's how I got proposed to/married. *shrug* Maybe not for everyone, but it works nicely for some people. It was while driving in a car and my response was "OK". :)

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:06 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:
While for the purposes of the comic it probably may as well be, I think it's completely stupid to consider a comment like that "a proposal". It's just logic, common sense even. Best to ignore the implications of the phrasing, saying "IF we get married" would be even worse.

Depends entirely on tradition. In the 19th hundred (as per Bram Stokers "Dracula" - yes, that's my reference for romance) a gentleman would not even tell his beloved of his romantic interrest in her before proposing marriage. Which could lead to the same woman getting multiple proposals on the same day.

But that's really silly in my oppionon - I had talked with my wife about marriage many times before proposing

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:56 am 
migB wrote:
Sotanaht wrote:

Depends entirely on tradition. In the 19th hundred (as per Bram Stokers "Dracula" - yes, that's my reference for romance) a gentleman would not even tell his beloved of his romantic interrest in her before proposing marriage. Which could lead to the same woman getting multiple proposals on the same day.

But that's really silly in my oppionon - I had talked with my wife about marriage many times before proposing

Same here. Best for it not to be a total shock (I wanted to be sure we were on the same page well in advance).

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:23 pm 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
This totally works for the characters. Torg is still a bit clueless about relationships, he's been in love with Zoe for years and despite finally being in a relationship we rarely see him say anything sentimental to her. (Maybe those conversations happened off camera) But of course he wants to marry her, and of course he'd accidentally bring it up in such a bumbling way. I'm surprised that Zoe is so surprised, has it never occurred to her or did she just not expect him to approach out of the blue like that? Can't wait to see Monday's strip (And Pete I hope you're not evil enough to just cut back away to Riff or Gwynn and leave this unresolved, but I wouldn't put it past ya.)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions