Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:12 pm 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
And it was at this very moment where it may suddenly dawn on Torg that his attempts to provoke pyrokenesis are being done in the middle of a forest.

This.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:07 pm 
migB wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:
If I recall correctly, Hereti didn't order Oasis to be literally insanely jealous of Torg. Where does that behavior come from, and why is it so consistent across her incarnations, even as her personality and disposition fluctuates wildly?

Is this a clue to her true nature? This comic appears to show that the jealousy is just as powerful and reliable a response as Override B-1. It may even be more powerful, as I don't think it is confirmed whether Override B-1 can activate the pyrokenisis.

Nice points, better discuss them in the spec forum

Dang, that's where I'm headed. Because I don't think that's ever been brought up before (though the AyleeOrgNetHereticorp fire may have been Oasis-based -- I'm not sure).

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:33 pm 
That doesn't look like anger or jealousy, that looks like fear.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:19 pm 
OrzBrain wrote:
If I recall correctly, Hereti didn't order Oasis to be literally insanely jealous of Torg. Where does that behavior come from, and why is it so consistent across her incarnations, even as her personality and disposition fluctuates wildly?

Is this a clue to her true nature? This comic appears to show that the jealousy is just as powerful and reliable a response as Override B-1. It may even be more powerful, as I don't think it is confirmed whether Override B-1 can activate the pyrokenisis.

SPeck Spec Speck. Going to the 'about oasis' thread to answer.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm 
While the log is getting a bit silly, I do love the contrast between adorable "I love that movie!" Oasis in panel 1 and the last shot of her face. Kinda wishing for color when the flames come, though....

Appears Torg turned down naked, but at least took her hoodie off.. hehe.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:28 pm 
ramoss wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:

SPeck Spec Speck. Going to the 'about oasis' thread to answer.

Not touching the spec, but Dr. Steve did indeed order her feelings for Torg.. Not jealousy specifically, but Oasis also began recovering memories of the giddy part of that order too.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:46 pm 
Wacky! Wacky! Wacky! Heartbreak.

Way to pull those strings, Pete...

Post Posted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:17 am 
OrzBrain wrote:

I think it's just her definition of love. Everyone's definition is potentially different.

You may take my suggestion of polygamy to the spec forum, and/or give yourself fanfic writers cramp. :oasis:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:22 pm 
GigaGuess wrote:
I'm loving the direction the story has taken, but I have to say, two things really stand out here:

1.) It's jarring to see how far into "Cold, manipulative chessmaster" our goofy, lovable Torg has fallen to, and
2.) I find it intriguing that of all the people he has manipulated, Oasis, of all people, is the one to make him hesitate, even for a second.

I think it is jarring too--but I've never felt like he is cold--but that some of things he has done or actions he has taken have been cold...

CheeseWhisper wrote:
Deep down, in spite of everything she's done, he knows she's "innocent" at some level. She's basically a child in many respects, and he (rightly) feels bad when that's emphasized in contrast to his manipulations.

I'm glad we can see his feelings here!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions