Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:19 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Tormuse wrote:
I, for one, don't find these parodies tiresome and I'll welcome any more Pete wants to do. (They'd make good filler any day)

Dragma wrote:
Nah, the perfect one for Oz, would be Sam

Yeah, "SamDaMan-dias." :D LOL! And Kiki could play the role of Ozymandias's pet. (The bobcat thing that follows him around near the end of the movie; I can't remember its name)
I can see Aylee as Bubastis.

BubAylees?

Aylastis?

clutching at strawstis? ... yes I am.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 am 
Location: shanghai'ed by a high-hat beaver-mustache man. i woke up in vomit and beer in a banana bin!
Jade_rust wrote:
Saturday Morning Watch Men

Watch this. I DARE you.

My jaw didn't drop so much as it slammed the floor and left a dent.

I was like, did they actually make a Saturday morning cartoon THAT impossibly twisted?

Did I watch it as a kid? Oh, the horror to have been sucked in to THAT!

Why didn't Alan Moore's head explode?

The perfect 80's production quality had me totally fooled. It's almost as dark and cynical as Alan Moore's own vision, only in a totally different direction. It's Alan Moore meets Death to Smoochie.

Once I recovered my jaw and figured out it was fake, I ROFLMAO'ed for ten minutes. Thanks for the link!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:33 am 
but..but..but... I LIKE "Silk Skeptic".
'Course, I've always been a Gwynn fan, so I may be slightly biased.

Once I get over my fury at WMG stripping YouTube of all content even remotely associated with Warner product (including a couple "rather nice" Sluggy-related vids), I may force myself to view the Watchmen movie.

Maybe.

Or, maybe I'll pirate it off the IntarWebs. :bunbun:

Mr. "Still pissed at the idiocy of targeting "product" that doesn't make a dime, and is in fact just free promotion..." Jest

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:48 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Heh, did anybody notice Silk Skeptic's earring? The Diamonds of E-Ville strike again! :gwynn:

(Oh, and Pete... I'm not at all tired of these Watchmen parody posters. We have so many yet to go! Who is Ozymandias? Who is The Comedian?)

--tll

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 am 
Tika_the_Ferret wrote:
I saw that the other day. I think it was the first time in my life I ever literally just sat there with my mouth hanging open. In horror. I tried to laugh at first, I really did, but... I think I need a double dose of brain bleach. And yes, I'm fully aware that this will probably just encourage others to view it, but hey, nobody wants to suffer alone.

I just watched it right now and I had a similar brain-numbed kind of reaction... Then I realized it was fake and now I think it's hilarious! :D

CheeseWhisper wrote:
Tormuse wrote:
SamDaMan-dias

You win...

Yay! I won! :D (What'd I win?)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:18 am 
Location: Inside your disgusting belly, attached to your arm-control nerve
I know, I know... parody and all that rot, but... But it melted my brain! See the leak? *points to ear*

Heh, maybe I'll think it's funny later. Right now the WRONGness of happy, cutesy Watchmen still leaves me whimpering.

tll, I hadn't noticed the earrings! Thanks for pointing those out. The nifty, it is strong.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:40 am 
AOL: TCVProd3
Tika_the_Ferret wrote:
I know, I know... parody and all that rot, but... But it melted my brain! See the leak? *points to ear*

Heh, maybe I'll think it's funny later. Right now the WRONGness of happy, cutesy Watchmen still leaves me whimpering.

tll, I hadn't noticed the earrings! Thanks for pointing those out. The nifty, it is strong.

It scarred me .... for life ....

Seriously, I thought it was hilarious myself. Though I did hope from the get go that it was only a spoof. Had it been real, I think my brain would have exploded.

Here Tika, have some wine corks. They might help stop the seepage....

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions