Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:04 am 
3 more chapters over the next 15ish months? Yowza.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:32 am 
Last three? Try last two if Pete's sticking to his deadline.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:13 am 
Only three chapters? There's an AWFUL LOT OF LOOSE ENDS STILL. In many different, seemingly unrelated story arcs.

Better not forget any! Double check with the fate spiders.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 1:37 am 
I get the feeling it's going to be a busy retirement.

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:19 pm 
It sure will be! My goal isn't to close every thread by August 25th 2017. But I'm hoping to close one of the two roads that every story has been connected to. I say "three chapters" because that's how I have it outlined and it shouldn't take that long but everything takes longer than I think. As far as the OTHER road, that's a story that's going to have to be told in a different format, and I'm unsure of what that will be right now. Hence the quotes around "retirement". ;)

Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2016 9:13 pm 
Pete wrote:
It sure will be! My goal isn't to close every thread by August 25th 2017. But I'm hoping to close one of the two roads that every story has been connected to. I say "three chapters" because that's how I have it outlined and it shouldn't take that long but everything takes longer than I think. As far as the OTHER road, that's a story that's going to have to be told in a different format, and I'm unsure of what that will be right now. Hence the quotes around "retirement". ;)

Sneaky!!

Glad you're not trying to do EVERYTHING by August then!

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:27 am 
Congrats on getting proper advertisements and potential upgrades just in time for retirement!

.... Yeah, that's right. I'm making fun of you, Pete. Lol. WHATCHOO GONNA DO ABOUT IT? :bunbun:

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 am 
I'm not sure what I'll do in a years time. My daily routine has always to check Sluggy... What am I going to dOOOOOOOOOO?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:14 am 
Oh yeah, Spirantz, if that IS your real name, OH YEAH? I get a FULL YEAR to enjoy a modicum of fixes on the site that have plagued me for almost a decade! Aw yeah! And I am gonna rock my Ads & Copywrite-Notice-updates ALL YEAR LONG! (After some soup. Still sick).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:48 am 
Surprisingly, it is! ...not my real name.

Anyway,

Love,
Spirantz & Esposa

Post Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:39 am 
Get well soon Pete. And don't worry if you can't get the book out so soon - I think we all can wait.

Looking at the guest list for Intervention, all I can say is that it had to be the one year I almost certainly can't be there.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:37 pm 
<Does a Snoopy™ happy dance!!>

I knew you couldn't abandon us, Pete! :kiki:

Thing is, you're too much of a perfectionist and you burn yourself out. So if calling it "retirement' is what it takes to get you to slow down - then go for it. Most webcomics only update 1, 2 or maaaaybe 3 times a week. The only people that do comics that update every day are the ones that do the standard 4 panel comic with simply drawn characters. I don't think you even lasted a year holding yourself to four panels now did you? And I appreciate the extra time and care that you often put into your characters. There are times that you can just feel the love ooze out of the computer screen.... So allow yourself to acknowledge that you are doing extra and give yourself the proper elbow room to do it. I'm with Marcus - I'm so used to waking up to Sluggy every morning that I wouldn't know what to do. But I'll adjust to a less frequent schedule - it's much better than having to go through complete withdrawal - or worse: you crippling yourself! Jeez, Pete! Most normal people would take time off to give their overworked muscles a break. You know that we'd rather that you take care of yourself - don't you????? Do we have to sic Bun-Bun on you?? :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:39 am 
Hey Pete, regarding your arm spasms, one thing that really helped me during the few years I was working as a massage therapist (and my arms sometimes ached so much I wanted to die) was a contrast arm bath. What you do is find two sinks and/or basins and/or something you can fill with water that's deep enough to submerge your arm(s) up to your elbow(s). (Probably best to do both arms so you don't feel unbalanced) Then, you fill one with cold water (cold as possible; put ice in it) and the other with hot water. (Not scalding hot; more like a hot tub; bonus points if you put epsom salts in the water) Then, you submerge your arm(s) up to your elbow(s) in the cold water for one full minute then do the same in the hot water for a full minute. Go back and forth a few times, starting with the cold and finishing with the hot.

The reason it works is that the cold reduces the blood flow and the heat increases the blood flow, and the sudden changes in blood flow create a flushing effect that disperses lactic acids and other toxins that contribute to the pain. It really helped me during my busiest days, and I think you'll find that it makes your arm feel a lot freer and looser as well as less painful.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:11 am 
For what it's worth, I vote for a Stick Figure Christmas Special!

Just imagine the posibilities.....

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:17 pm 
On the possible data breach:

The site does not use HTTPS, so passwords are sent clear text over the network. It would be rather easy for a hacker to pick them up.

Just saying that might be something to look into, especially once that archive bug gets fixed.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions