Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 am 
Just updated it, so the New Readers Guide on Niftypedia is now completely up to date.

It is an introduction to get started on chapter 65.
Once the chapter ends, stuff from the earlier introduction (for the R&D wars chapter) probably needs to be added.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 pm 
Thanks migB! That IS nifty!
It currently links to the beginning of Chapter 64 thought, not 65 Mohkadun. I ain't gonna complain though!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:02 am 
Fixed link :torg:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:35 am 
I'm still seeing the old link. I opened it on my cellphone to make sure it wasn't a browser cacheing issue.

Where it says: "Got all of that? Then jump to the beginning of chapter 65 here: "Sluggy Freelance: 3/12/2012"

BTW This is really nifty. I admit to not perusing the Niftypedia much personally. Do you have one of these Reader's Guides for each chapter or just the current one?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm 
Weird, the link works for me.

No, it was a relatively new idea, so there is an introduction to Chapter 64 and 65 but not any earlier chapters.
However, there are guides to follow a central theme throughout the comic such as Oasis, the Dimension of Pain or Aylee in the Storylines Presentation.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:15 am 
Location: Stormbreaker of The Oasis Contingent (Sluggy WoW guild)
Awesome job and very nifty MigB! I had an idea like that before and never got around to doing it. You did a great job of summing things up and putting links where needed.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:28 pm 
Reaction to today's newspost:

Pete wrote:
The mistake was the card displaying the picture of Darryl Domeyer that K'z'k holds. This was a time-saving move on my part. When K'Z'K refers to 'all the human trafficking' that will be happening, he wouldn't know with photographic certainty how that would go down. The web is more like guidelines and he doesn't know exactly what Queen Siphaniana is seeing in the future. He is keeping an ear to the tracks as it were...

I DID think it was important to indicate to the reader the 'human trafficking' as K'Z'K calls it, is referign to Darryl Domeyer and the other 'Ordained'. So grabbing the existing art was an easy way out as I raced the sick-clock. I apologize if it makes anyone's head explode... y'know, more than usual... and only because this was unintentional.

Did "Darryl Domeyer" ever appear in the strip prior to the scene depicted in the current version of the card?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:06 pm 
Nope. When he headlocks Riff, that's the first we see him (unless he was snuck in the background somewhere...)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:03 am 
I feel like he maybe looks kind of similar to somebody from someplace else -- maybe a Timeless Space seaman / pirate, somewhere? This strip has been running so long it's hard to keep people straight, plus there are coincidental similarities sometimes.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Speaking of Torg Potter, are we ever going to get any more? Or are they toast?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 am 
Pete wrote:
Tonight's comic is running about an hour late. Every now and then I ask myself why I don't declare that the comic will run at 1am EST and never be late again!

Because you know if you do that the comic won't go up until 2AM. Image

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:42 pm 
s.i.l. wrote:
Pete wrote:
Tonight's comic is running about an hour late. Every now and then I ask myself why I don't declare that the comic will run at 1am EST and never be late again!

Because you know if you do that the comic won't go up until 2AM. Image

Noooo! All the perks of living a timezone behind Pete will suddenly be lost. My prophetic abilities will seem less impressive to others who must wait for their comics to update at midlnight local time!

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:34 am 
Regarding the auction: What kind of shipping cost are there if you buy an original art page in Europe (Denmark, more specifically)?

Shipping cost would very much factor in on how much I am willing to bid for the artwork.

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:45 am 
Sorry migB I only noticed your post after the auctions had ended. But there will be more in the future, i tend to run them quarterly to bi-annually. As far as future auctions go, all international shipping is expensive. For Denmark it would currently be $39.00. This is because I ship the artwork in a box larger than the art to prevent any bending of the artwork (unless your postal service is ridiculously determined). I think any auction winners from around the world can attest to their pieces arriving safe, dry, and unmangled in any way.

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
M-W-F Summer? Oh Noes!

Seriously though, while I sad to lose 5 days of Sluggy goodness a week, I totally respect your decision to work at a comfortable pace, Pete!

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions