Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:43 pm 
Aww, don't worry Pete! People were already reading pirated copies of The Sampire. This is the internet, after all :bunbun:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:40 am 
Reaction to the February Friday Filler news item:

We know you by now, Pete. We know you do better with some planning time, and I think I speak for all of when I say if a little planning time leads to a better sluggy, we're all much happier. :zoe:

Also, don't worry about blood pressure meds. I'm on them, it's no problem. You get used to the temporary loss of peripheral vision and bladder control. (I kid. Mostly.)

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:36 pm 
Reaction to the note under Thursday's (February 2) comic:

Pete, sometimes I worry that you're way too much of a perfectionist. Perhaps that is what makes the comic as good as it is, so I shouldn't complain. ;-) But you didn't need to tell us that you were in a script bottleneck. We would have just assumed that you had stopped to have some "classic Sluggy" fun. To reiterate what garyfritz said - I'm enjoying the classic Sluggy-like interlude. Take your time to get the comic where you want it to be and stop worrying. I don't want to get my daily entertainment if it means turning you into a basket case. The portrait of Zoë is going to be amazing. So stop, take a breath, and enjoy. We'll get a better comic that way and we're OK waiting for it. We're not going anywhere.... :-)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:13 am 
Should I put my reaction to the Sluggy 20+ archive here?

It looks pretty cool! It's amazing how a size change makes something that much more impressive!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:19 pm 
I AM very curious how you did this. Software that performs bulk smoothing? Or did you have to painfully go through these one at a time? I imagine the first, since you're not insane. Or perhaps hired teenagers to go through the archive. lol.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:43 am 
I love how much I hate you sometimes Pete! <3

I can't wait/am terrified to see what you consider a Cliff Hanger of DOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM to be!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:28 am 
I'm quite happy that Sluggy is continuing! I'm curious to find out how...but I guess we will soon!

"a frikkin’ Cliff Hanger of unimaginable proportions"

I kept forgetting that August 25th was a deadline of sorts, then realizing it, and wondering how it could be done. This foretold cliffhanger sounds entirely appropriate to the story.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:11 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Pete, we need to talk... Please, sit...

We're only saying this because we care about you... And it's gotta stop.

This is an intervention, Pete... You're addicted to Cliffhangers.

I know it's served you in good stead all these years, but the "retirement" cliffhanger was one step too far.

So, we're going to go around the room and everyone's going to say how your cliffhanger addiction has affected them.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:02 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Wait. What? Leah, the little bundle that you posted a picture of back when she was born, is going off to college? You've gotta be kidding me. Now you're making me feel old.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:49 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Nice that Pete put a date on the most recent news article.

Anyway, since I'm --currently and most likely not going higher-- at level 1 and will not be receiving any Pawnz of the Month. I was wondering if they are ONLY going to be given to people at level 2 for that particular month or will they eventually be in the store as well, possibly as a set or as a theme?

If they're not too outrageous in price, I'd be interested... They're going to be outrageous aren't they?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:57 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Anyway, since I'm --currently and most likely not going higher-- at level 1 and will not be receiving any Pawnz of the Month. I was wondering if they are ONLY going to be given to people at level 2 for that particular month or will they eventually be in the store as well, possibly as a set or as a theme?

On the pledge page, the description of the "All New Bookmarks" perk is:

Pete wrote:
"While you are actively pledging, every new bookmark that goes into the Sluggy Store will be automatically and permanently unlocked for you. Special event bookmarks will not be included, but if it's for sale, you already have it!"

So it seems at least some of those will be available via the Sluggy Store at some point.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:12 am 
Something I caught while reading the State of the Comic news:

Pete wrote:
(...) That’s 6,696 comics made of 8,445 low res files sliced into 12,215 rows matched against 5,511 high res pages to produce 10,050 matching high res files! THAT’S INSANE!

Bold emphasis added. That's a ridiculous amount of comics! So many it was hard for me to visualize. So I did a bit of sloppy math (the square root of 6,696 is 81.8-blahblahblah), and found that all of those comic pages could fit into an 82x82 grid with a bit to spare at the bottom1 It would look like this:

It's hard to believe, but all that blue space could contain the entirety of Sluggy! (give or take..) which really kind of blows my mind! Like, you could actually squeeze every single update into each of those squares in the grid and it would all fit somehow. Good luck reading it, of course!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am 
That makes it seem simultaneously huge and small somehow.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:25 am 
Wait, Pete, you have 20 fingers? I must have been careless when I was 2, because I can only remember having ten.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I am very disappointed.

Pete shows us a Classic Riff vs. Sylvia moment and I'm aghast to now discover that Riff's Stake Gun apparently was only loaded with 86 stakes. Not the 100 as promised.

I am disappointed. Very disappointed indeed.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions