Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:37 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Pete wrote:
HULK PETE SMASH LOBOSSOLOS!

Just so long as you don't hit the lower back you're good. I'm fairly tough to smash.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:55 am 
HULK PETE UNDERSTAND. HULK PETE LIMIT BEATING TO POUNDING ABOUT THE NECK AND FACE.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:52 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
sonabi wrote:
This isn't specifically related to news, but it was a cute moment I felt like sharing.

My 4 year old just walked into the room as I was looking at the Sluggy main page, and saw the little drawing of Bun Bun at the top. He said, "Oh, that's Bun Bun!" and got the little plush Bun Bun off my husband's computer, proud of himself for recognizing it. (He then proceeded to make plush Bun Bun poing around the room in a most undignified manner. But at least he knows to make a 'Poing' sound.) :bunbun:

My almost seven year old, who has read the more kid-friendly bits of Sluggy, has graduated from doing similar things with her Holiday Overlord Bunbun to having arguments with plush Kiki and calling her tuberat. Thanks, Pete, for making something all ages can enjoy! And thanks for your hard work to get the store up and running again (without smashing)!

LB :zoe:

Post Posted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:16 am 
Pete wrote:
Bun-bun's Vegetarian Chili fiasco was, um, pun intended, pulled out of my butt last minute.

It was worth it for the derpy eyed Zoë.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:13 am 
Sooo...Phillinon helped you get the store back in order? Or Sam? I'm confused about the relevance of your link, O Mighty Pete!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:53 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
If the need 'arsed'? Do you mean "if the need arose"?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:22 am 
Oh, you saw the Monster Hunter International challenge coin kickstarter as well, didn't you? I suggested that he have the Atlanta team's patch on one of them, which you could do the artwork for.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:01 pm 
Feel better Pete, and take care of yourself!

On a side note, someone needs to install one of those cybernetic moose pointer chips in Pete's brain stat. :P

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:54 pm 
This has to do with the damage done some years back to your hand by the credit card machine-wielding ninjas, doesn't it? You must make them pay--your doctor's bills.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:52 pm 
Goatlord42 wrote:
Feel better Pete, and take care of yourself!

On a side note, someone needs to install one of those cybernetic moose pointer chips in Pete's brain stat. :P

I'm assuming that you mean a mouse pointer chip? For that we would need Tedd Roberts AKA Speaker to Lab Animals.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:50 am 
The mention of "Painting miniatures" caught my eye. Is Pete a Wargamer?

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:15 pm 
Pete, am I understanding the newspost correctly in that you have trigger finger and a bone spur in your hand from drawing? I think I speak for everyone on this site when I say we all admire your dedication to your work, but it's not worth losing your health over it! :o

It's not really any of my business and it's entirely up to you what you do, but I have to pose the question: Do you believe it is possible to be *too* dedicated? If you think the answer is no, then I'm honestly really worried about you, but if the answer is yes, then I'd say you need to figure out where to draw the line of how much is too much. I have to imagine that if you're at the point that you're considering surgery, ie having someone cut your hand open and presumably shaving your bones, and your current plan is to take only one day off, then in my opinion, you're drawing the line on the "too dedicated" side.

At the very least, I hope you're considering other options to help give your hand a break, like different drawing options or maybe using your other hand for a while or something. In any case, I wish you all the best and hope you feel better soon.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:10 pm 
Just want to say I agree with Tormuse.
I know you (and us, your fans) are at a very exciting point in the plot right now, but if your work causes lasting injuries to your health, then it's better to delay the plot, rope in some guest artist to produce filler etc. until you are proper ready to work.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
If this were less pivotal, I'd even be okay with a guest artist doing the art while you script. On the other hand, if it weren't so pivotal, I wouldn't be so dead-set on getting things to continue.

Anyway, best of health, and don't start drawing until that hand is really ready to draw. Give it a few days after, too.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:05 am 
This whole bone spur thing is a cover. You pissed off Bun-bun, didn't you, Pete?

Seriously though, take as much time as you need. Don't let a sense of obligation endanger your health and livelihood.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions