Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:01 am 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
l'z'k: good point. The implication does lean more towards Satan and Rithuly being different people.
Dodger: I always thought KITTEN was only partial canon. Microsoft logo being the sign of the beast, for example. Partial canon would allow Bert to die, just maybe not by KITTENs. But now we have Satan in the main plot line and not just the silly side stuff. That means that most of KITTEN is full canon!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:20 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Gotta admit. Finding it a little weird that Kozoaku is just rolling with whatever K'z'k says.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:39 am 
So congrats to the people who successfully specced that it was Satan in the armor.
Though there was a lot of unsuccessfull specs as well.

I don't know why people are surprised by Rithuly being mentioned, he is kinda the only known named being in the Never (except for the unimportant wrayiths and also the magician).

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 am 
Kinda demotes Satin, err, Satan's standings in the pantheon, don't it. But I suppose that fits with how easily he was played by Riff and Deplora, getting drunk at a party and having carnal relations with a cat, ...

Nobody has griped that "Oh crap, that a*****e Farahn is still ALIVE !?"

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:13 am 
How does Satan's helmet come on and off over his horns?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm 
Dodger77 wrote:
I love the Satan cameo but Rithuly?!?! These really are the end times for Sluggy...

Kizziwaka has been talking about the Never for a while now. Rithuly would have to show up sooner or later.
garyfritz wrote:
Nobody has griped that "Oh crap, that a*****e Farahn is still ALIVE !?"

I was a bit disappointed by that, but given that his death represents a victory for Koozakachu, I'm willing to let it slide.

Oh, and way to pull a handful of threads there, Pete. This just keeps on rolling.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:57 pm 
Wait, so does this establish the Never as the Sluggyverse's official "hell?" There's always been that murky confusion surrounding how hell (Satan's domain) and the Never relate. If Satan himself is from the Never then what are the implications there? Also - Kitten has always been full cannon. Also - AWESOME STRIP!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 pm 
In no particular order:
  • I've got to love the Chekhov's Rube Goldberg Device that is that box. I think Pete wants to give the guys on spec forums a stroke trying to figure out what all that's for. The specific opening mechanism is the biggest puzzler. (Of course, such a bizarrely intricate plan is only possible because of K'z'k fiddling the fate web.)
  • I was completely not expecting the Rithuly callback, nor the Never being the source of both Satan and... well I don't know if the nature of the sword is considered spec, but I think we all know what we think it is.
  • Farahn being alive has got to be a good thing for the Good Guys if only because it's not part of Kozoaku's plan. (I'm guessing the summoning ritual means the Big K can't just off him, any more than he could free himself from Gwynn's body on his own when we first met him.) Probably not much of a good thing - it can't be hard for Kozoaku to reel Farahn in, but from K's perspective, Farahn's a loose cannon; the guy listens to no one but himself.
  • What is Kozoaku up to anyway? Obviously, any conceivable answer to that is spec, but Kozoaku's going to a lot of trouble for something...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:32 pm 
Wow! It really ties things together. Chaz comes from the Never-Never, and his owner was Satan, also from the Never-Never. So much tying up! And each of the connections makes so much sense.

I guess Satan worked hard on making a name for himself after this! You just have to wonder if he really does become the Lord of Evil, or if that is simply a good marketing effort. He has had a couple of millennia to work on it, after all.

OrzBrain wrote:
This is so freaking awesome! That's Satan? He's a random dude from the Never making do in our reality? That is so freakin awesome!

Indeed it is!

3Davidea wrote:

So funny that nobody even thought of that!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:55 pm 
Also, Gene Wilder/Willy Wonka ref FTW.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:09 pm 
3Davidea wrote:

Maybe the horns are squishy, or maybe the helmet is stretchy, or maybe it's hinged?

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions