Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday's internet connection has been uppity recently, so it's hoping to get this thread up before it-

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:11 am 
Okay if that blood compass and why it's pointing at Riff isnt spec bait, I dont know what is

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 am 
Aaanddd I'm lost again. Congrats Pete, usually I can follow these plots pretty well, but you've successfully bamboozled me again. Bravo!

I'm not sure if I hate Riff's dad at this point or not, but I'm leaning towards him being evil unless he has an extremely good reason for drugging, imprisoning, and implicitly threatening his son and company.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:32 am 
Fools! Holding the Bunny of Power prisoner. Remember how this went for those hungry aliens in the anime dimension.

Trying to figure out the compass and pergament...too bad they didn't have key cards in ancient times, that would have been easier.

Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Aaanddd I'm lost again. Congrats Pete, usually I can follow these plots pretty well, but you've successfully bamboozled me again. Bravo!

I'm not sure if I hate Riff's dad at this point or not, but I'm leaning towards him being evil unless he has an extremely good reason for drugging, imprisoning, and implicitly threatening his son and company.

He doesn't seem evil, so I believe he has other reasons. Philosophy, blackmail or lust for power? Will Kizke give him a monopoly on the fedora trade in his future kingdom?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 am 
Marcus wrote:
Okay if that blood compass and why it's pointing at Riff isnt spec bait, I dont know what is

That he has the blood compass at all is spec bait.

This chapter... just when you think you have things at least vaguely figured out...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Fools! Holding the Bunny of Power prisoner. Remember how this went for those hungry aliens in the anime dimension.

Trying to figure out the compass and pergament...too bad they didn't have key cards in ancient times, that would have been easier.

Galaxy Hunter wrote:

He doesn't seem evil, so I believe he has other reasons. Philosophy, blackmail or lust for power? Will Kizke give him a monopoly on the fedora trade in his future kingdom?

Well, no matter what, I humbly submit that willfully siding with the entity attempting to corrupt and eradicate all life on Earth, no matter the reason, is treason against all living things, and as such is evil.

If he's under duress, then that's a different story, but I haven't picked up on any hints as to the matter.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:47 am 
Yeah, umm, I'm not even going to try. Just sitting back watching things unfold.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:11 am 
I'm with s.i.l. Just proud to be here.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:54 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
So Torg, and Zoe... If they don't put you back in a cage, it is time to worry.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:45 am 
I notice you're outside the cage too Riff's Dad :kzk:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:04 am 
To the SpecMobile!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:44 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
See Riff, now why can't you take off your sunglasses indoor like your dad here?
Not like his eyes are all spec spec spec spectacled indoors.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:53 am 
Galaxy Hunter wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:

Galaxy Hunter wrote:

Well, no matter what, I humbly submit that willfully siding with the entity attempting to corrupt and eradicate all life on Earth, no matter the reason, is treason against all living things, and as such is evil.

If he's under duress, then that's a different story, but I haven't picked up on any hints as to the matter.

Your submission forgets that if he is doing this out of philosophical reasons, if he wants to do the good thing and he believes this is the good thing to do, then he is good. He might be wrong in his conclusion, but he is still good. One cannot call someone evil for having opposing views, the way people do in politics and war all too often. The other side does the same. Likewise, one cannot be called evil for killing, even if taking actions where one willingly knows innocent people will die - if it is believed that the alternative would be worse. If that was evil, then every politician and other person who has ever supported any side in any war is evil, because all fighting sides sacrifice innocents. So Riff's dad is in good and wide company. However, if he would want to destroy for the sake of destroying, hurt for the sake of hurting, cause suffering because he thinks it is fun to cause suffering, with no thought to doing this to improve the world, then he would be evil.

He could also have a plan neither we nor Qaboos know about yet.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:01 am 
Zoe's line 'Me too. Torg, what is going on?' is problematic. First she claims to 'develop a theory' too, but then cluelessly asks Torg 'what is going on?'.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:50 am 
Silverwalker wrote:

I'm always flabbergasted by the views I see expressed on the internet with regard to being or not being evil. I'm utterly bamboozled by the idea that harming people because of "lust for power" would somehow put him in the category of "not evil." As if as long as you have some reason for doing evil things, no matter how poor or selfish, then you're not evil. If that's the case, it's not worth talking about, because there's no such thing as evil without motivation. You're probably going to say KZK is evil without motivation, but come on, even he must have some lust for dominance, or just plain hatred of Prozoato, or maybe it's just because he has fun destroying things; that's a motivation too. Yeah, it's an evil motivation, but so is "lust for power" and probably "philosophy" is too, although that's vague. Blackmail might be more situationally dependent, I'll admit. And no, evil does not have to think it's evil to be evil. That's a ridiculous stipulation.

Again by the same logic KZK could not be evil either. Prozoato thinks things should be made. KZK thinks they should be unmade. Oh well., it's just a philosophical difference. Who's to say who's right, so obviously there is no right, right? Even if KZK accepts himself as "evil," that's just accepting a label. That's a far worse reason to consider something evil than by absolutes.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions