Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:43 am 
Hmm, who are the others that have been locked up I wonder?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:15 am 
So, they have the compass. That means they opened the box. That means they have Symachus' blood. I don't know what that means... :sam:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I'm still not quite getting it: you can't open it unless you have the blood. But in it is something that finds the blood... Hrm. Speculation abounds.

It's an interesting thing that we never see the original timeline(s), it's only referred to by characters who've perceived it.

Kiki should be there, if only to say "Stay good, Riff's dad!" ;-)

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:44 am 
tarrakis wrote:
So, they have the compass. That means they opened the box. That means they have Symachus' blood. I don't know what that means... :sam:

Well the compass points at Symachus' blood. It was in the box. Now it's out of the box. And it's pointing at Riff. Riff and Will share a bloodline. Those are the facts. Connecting the dots would be spec but the implications are there.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 am 
We don't know Riff's dad -- Riff barely does -- but Qaboos has always been gracious and extraordinarily helpful. I have trouble believing he would be so cheerful about leading Our Heroes to their terrible doom. Either he is under some form of control (and therefore presumably so is Will) or they intend the gang no harm. Though drugging and imprisoning them would tend to argue against the "no harm" argument.

Nash and N'aaaw and the rest of the demons haven't showed up yet. At least that's a hopeful point.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:40 am 
s.i.l. wrote:
Yeah, umm, I'm not even going to try. Just sitting back watching things unfold.

This.
Kesandru wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Okay if that blood compass and why it's pointing at Riff isnt spec bait, I dont know what is

That he has the blood compass at all is spec bait.

This chapter... just when you think you have things at least vaguely figured out...

And this, and this, and this. What does the blood compass even do?

Also, Godwin's Law didn't take long to pop up here (thanks to me). Adolf Hitler believed he was making the world a better place by eradicating all Jews (and other non-supreme types). Just because you believe you're good... doesn't mean you are. Heck, listen to Chaz if you don't believe me.

In other reaction news: the thing about Pete is that even when he gives you an "AHA" moment, you're still shaking your head asking "WHAT?" and no closer to finding an answer. I tend to agree with garyfritz and company that we have no idea what Will and Qaboos are trying to do, so we can't begin to make a judgment call on their actions. Maybe we'll know something before Friday...?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:50 am 
I doubt it. I suspect Pete will keep us dangling over that cliff for a while yet...

Bunny Suction wrote:
Well the compass points at Symachus' blood. It was in the box. Now it's out of the box. And it's pointing at Riff. Riff and Will share a bloodline. Those are the facts. Connecting the dots would be spec but the implications are there.

Wow. That WOULD be ironic, wouldn't it.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:24 pm 
You know the spec fodder is so good with this strip I almost forgot to post on how phenomenal Torg's first panel one-liner is. Creepy-ass compasses point at Gwynn indeed.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:26 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
You know the spec fodder is so good with this strip I almost forgot to post on how phenomenal Torg's first panel one-liner is. Creepy-ass compasses point at Gwynn indeed.

Siphy's rebuttal is simple yet effective.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:56 pm 
I note the glyph that looks like the number "4" with a seagull on top of it is in nearly every panel, adorning the walls, and guard and prisoner garb alike. Methinks this is not any of our currently-known organizations who try to take-over or destroy the world. But... Skippy? How does he fit in?

And a bit of method acting information: Every good villian is a hero in his own story. That throws out the evil-for-evil's-sake motivation that's worse than cartoonish (given the quality of certain cartoons :kiki: ).

(Oh, yeah. Duh. The symbol means "Release")

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:07 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Granted, Wil acknowledged Skip as being in charge, but the symbol Qaboos is wearing is the "release" one, not the K'Z'K cult one. We also know Skip is opposing Chilus. So things may not be quite as they appear. I'm hoping, at least for Riff's sake, that his Dad isn't actually evil, despite appearances. We shall see.

LB :zoe:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions