Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:13 am 
So why do you suppose Chilus has Zoe just standing there as a leashed observer while it experiments with Zoe's boyfriend's demon-killing sword? Hopefully it's a fatal mistake.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:17 am 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
Keeping her under observation, and separate from any allies? Chilus has had a long time to grow complacent, watching Zoe all these years.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm 
Careful Chilus, I see many violations of the Evil Overlord List here!
Fortunately for her, possessing an innocent child is not one of them.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilOverlordList Muhahahahaha

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:13 pm 
I'll give it a whirl:

Wednesday specs that Sluggy is really the conspiracy to head the start of eternal suspense which will end with confusion of the masses, so the mastermind of Pete becomes K'z'k. Hilarity will ensue when Oasis reveals themselves to be the antithesis of all things that have manifested to now.

Sluggy therefore is just an elaborate psychological experiment with quantum biology.

I bet nobody tunneled that electron did they?

-----
Vote for Sluggy Riff at Top idiosyncratic Comics. Remember to masticate EACH day.
[#147 +0 *19]

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:49 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I wouldn't count your dead demons until they've been stabbed.

I can think of a very good reason she would have Zoe there while she is slicing and dicing. Things may not be as they appear.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:44 pm 
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can count on that not being outcome tomorrow. Also, even if she *does* kill Meander and get the glow, won't she have to hit the *next* host?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
I think the point was that it would also nail Chilus, so there wouldn't be a next host. There are also a bunch of other demons around.

Still, this is suspiciously lax behavior.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:46 pm 
drachefly wrote:
I think the point was that it would also nail Chilus, so there wouldn't be a next host. There are also a bunch of other demons around.

Still, this is suspiciously lax behavior.

Right, but does Chaz kill the demon w/the host if he's not glowing before the strike? Of course that opens up all kinds of questions, like why didn't Torg die after fist-bumping Chaz...

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I suspect killing a demon in a host is much like hitting the Demon King: because they are a 'force' and not completely physical, it just takes a scratch to do serious damage. Unlike a more corporeal being, which would probably require something more substantial like what happened to Kron and Brehda.

As for Chilus's behavior, she's already demonstrated a potentially fatal lack of understanding of who she is dealing with here. It's just the right combination of arrogance and ignorance that has her leashing the Storm Breaker like a prize pet. She's wily (as she showed with the brain bugs), but my money's on this NOT being some elaborate trick to get Zoe to show how the sword works.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:23 pm 
Checkmate for Zoe in one move. Slightly confused by the fact demons weren't afraid of lining up and being killed by a sword that took out at least one of them, body AND spirit, in Torg's hands (unless that was covered up crazy well by Chillus to avoid panic). But pretty awesome move on Zoe's part.

Slightly intrigued as a theologian by Meander's reference to God- since the recent revelations of the Sluggite pantheon haven't worried much about a monotheistic Creator (though reading back this week "the One" does come up more than I realized in addition to Proz and Koz. http://sluggy.com/comics/archives/weekly/130506) . What do the demons think about God? Up to this point Zoe, in particular is the only one I've noticed praying (ie- "God protect me" against Oasis in Fire and Rain).

Not going beyond this to spec- just asking questions and letting Pete, and readers know a few established things I noticed all of a sudden.

Also faintly amused by the poetic symmetry of the fact that, for a comic Pete has spent years avoiding an ending for, "The End" is itself evil personified in his Multiverse.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:24 pm 
Goatlord42 wrote:
What do the demons think about God?

We don't know the specifics of their beliefs, but if you consider Kazooaku and Protato to be godly (considering that they're a tier above the characters we're actually calling gods), then we do know that Chilus's cult doesn't believe in them. KZK is a "concept" to her, rather than an actual being, so it follows that PRZT probably is as well. From that ignorance, we can also assume that she doesn't have any further knowledge about the true pantheon.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions