Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:57 am 
Given the number of generations between Symachus and Riff, even counting only firstborn children, there must be millions upon millions of k'z'k soul carriers by now. Sort of like how everyone and their yoga instructor either has noble ancestry or is distantly related to a someone who was on the Mayflower.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 am 
Silly Green Monkey wrote:
if Lorna's the one who was of Symachus's line and had a soul fragment, why's he claiming that he and Riff are of Symachus's line? Is he claiming inbreeding?

No, he is not claiming inbreeding. Torg's the one who suggested that Lorna was a bug carrier, and he does not suggest she was a descendent of Symachus. Torg is throwing out wild speculation without listening to the story (sounds familiar...). Wilcott contradicts him as he finishes the story: Riff inherited the bug from his dad who inherited it from one of his parents. This piece of K'Z'K came from Symachus. Assuming (speccing?) that the pieces may not be divided and are only passed along, Riff would be the only carrier of the piece that was given to Symachus in exchange for his soul.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:07 am 
Kea wrote:
Given the number of generations between Symachus and Riff, even counting only firstborn children, there must be millions upon millions of k'z'k soul carriers by now. Sort of like how everyone and their yoga instructor either has noble ancestry or is distantly related to a someone who was on the Mayflower.

The way I read it, the soul is passed on like an heirloom, there's only one, and not like genetics, where each child has a chance to get a copy. It is only passed to the firstborn child of the carrier. Each carrier will only have one firstborn. There is only one carrier in each generation. My (hopefully logical and non-speccy assumption) is that the reason for this is that the soul fragment is not divided by normal processes - it simply migrates to a new host.

There may still be millions of Ordained. We don't know how many souls Kissy has sucked.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
I don't normally post in Reactions simply because I'm normally one to keep my own counsel and all that. That being said: Mind===>Blown

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:44 am 
Durandal_1707 wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Torg, with what you have seen and done, why is this so surprising to you?

To me, Torg's response doesn't feel right.

Not only that, but when did Torg even hear the name "Symachus"? That's all been in the Mohkadun plotline, which Torg hasn't been part of.

Queen Sis talked about all the Gods... that is why we know that Bun Bun was called 'Lord Sluggy'.

On Edit: http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/130805

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:35 pm 
emajekral wrote:
Kea wrote:

The way I read it, the soul is passed on like an heirloom, there's only one, and not like genetics, where each child has a chance to get a copy. It is only passed to the firstborn child of the carrier. Each carrier will only have one firstborn. There is only one carrier in each generation. My (hopefully logical and non-speccy assumption) is that the reason for this is that the soul fragment is not divided by normal processes - it simply migrates to a new host.

There may still be millions of Ordained. We don't know how many souls Kissy has sucked.

This.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:36 pm 
emajekral wrote:
Yay! Torg spec'ed my spec for me intelligibly. And it was wrong. Huh. I don't think anyone spec'ed a patrilineal inheritance angle... that all went the Dr. Lorna route, IIRC.

I must have been listening to the wrong spec :)

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions