Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:52 am 
tarrakis wrote:
The only part I didn't like about OU were the alien 8-bit UFO fillers. The rest of the story arc was pure awesomeness and brilliant comedy genius for me :torg:

Seconded.
tarrakis wrote:
yaysalt wrote:
I think the point is that if you're in the ocean, you are removed at the end of time, and tempest chooses the moment in time that you're put back in. He can put you in in the middle of all the action, or he can put you on a deserted island during the stone age. His choice.

Tempest said "the wheres and whens I send you are always ballpark to the point you left the normal time stream". He will not have you travel too much in space or time.
I guess that also means that fat-man tossed BunBun from the tower some time (but not too much) before the comic began.

That... is a very good point.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:37 pm 
Just to counterpoint the crazy people in this thread, while the concept of OU was fine, the execution was a shambling, writhing mass of the worst of Pete. Too many characters running around, too many intertwined plot threads, and way, way, way too much exposition.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:02 pm 
Hold on. Krohnus and Tempest have just established their awareness of "other times and other dimensions", and that there have already been "lots" of "incursions" from each by the time this strip happens. When do we hear more about that?

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Hold on. Krohnus and Tempest have just established their awareness of "other times and other dimensions", and that there have already been "lots" of "incursions" from each by the time this strip happens. When do we hear more about that?

Mention of "the outsiders" makes me think that there are other, probably still unmentioned, actors involved here. No doubt they will remain in the background till Pete chooses to reveal them.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:16 pm 
I really want to know how Calix and his tribe ended up there.

Also, I find it funny that I was just reading that "many years later" strip just yesterday.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm 
I'm now confused about the sluggyverse. We've established that the heroes' universeis encompassed in a field of Timeless Space. We've learned Krohnus made it to protect the heroes' universe.

If so, Timeless Space doesn't seem to slow Riff and company down very much at punching in and outside of their universe and visiting others. Also, iirc 4U Riff said that all universes have their own timeless space (and DFA weapons destroy it and destabilize the universe, iirc). Does that mean each universe has its own Krohnus? Do the various universes have their own fate-web or do they share one?

Is the Never just one more alternate reality or is it some kind of special case?

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm 
Pxtl wrote:
I'm now confused about the sluggyverse. We've established that the heroes' universe is encompassed in a field of Timeless Space.

You might want to read Krohnus' exact words a little more carefully.

Let's also avert our minds from considering how silly it is to modify the fundamental composition of space-time to create an entire prison dimension to contain threats, when you could just, y'know... KILL THEM. Or how silly it is to let people out of it if they happen to fall into the "sea". Rather defeats the purpose.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 pm 
What confuses me is why time or dimensional travel is possible at all, if timeless space is supposed to be a catch-all for those who attempt it. Riff for one, should have found himself banished to timeless space at least two dozen times by now if that's how it works. Not to mention Torg, Zoe, Schlock, Aylee, Berk...

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:28 pm 
tarrakis wrote:
I guess that also means that fat-man tossed BunBun from the tower some time (but not too much) before the comic began.

Roughly 150 years.

http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/031214

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 pm 
yaysalt wrote:
tarrakis wrote:

Roughly 150 years.

That's assuming Mrs. Claus was also there, and wasn't just told about it by Santa/Krig.

ZylonBane wrote:
Pxtl wrote:
I'm now confused about the sluggyverse. We've established that the heroes' universe is encompassed in a field of Timeless Space.

You might want to read Krohnus' exact words a little more carefully.

Let's also avert our minds from considering how silly it is to modify the fundamental composition of space-time to create an entire prison dimension to contain threats, when you could just, y'know... KILL THEM. Or how silly it is to let people out of it if they happen to fall into the "sea". Rather defeats the purpose.

Unless Krohnus can't, or won't, kill. He had good reason to kill Symachus, after all, but only aged and cursed him.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:53 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
yaysalt wrote:
tarrakis wrote:

Roughly 150 years.

I think you're assuming 150 years is how long Santa's been around, but actually that's just how long Mrs Claus has been listening to Jingle Bells. In other words, when the song was written.

LB. :zoe:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions