Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for May 14, 2014
 Post Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:04 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday has only had two hours of sleep and feels fine...

Wednesday is being forced to buy wonderful products at low prices...

Wednesday needs more...

Wednesday does not need more. Stop that!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#113 +1 *281]

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:26 am 
Well, that ties a few more things together, and clarifies some others. Interesting.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:41 am 
AOL: arzele
Poor old men of time

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:27 am 
Hopefully this explanation will make it to the next dr.Viennason's (-dvd-) Special edition HD 4K internet-enabled Bluray collection in 3D.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:29 am 
And thus is created one of the most original settings I have ever seen. Pete, you should really do more with OU. It was really cool.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:37 am 
Poor Uncle Time, trapped there forever, stuck in the Oceans Unmoving. And I'd love to see a separate series set there, there's just so much potential!

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:06 am 
balthazar wrote:
And thus is created one of the most original settings I have ever seen. Pete, you should really do more with OU. It was really cool.

Yes, that was a really good story, and lots of fun.

"They call me ... Stu." I miss Stu. More than any other side character.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:09 am 
So that's what happened. Well, at least we'll now have someone reliable and intelligent keeping an eye on the fate web.

Bwahahahaha! :kzk:

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:20 am 
He's totally the sanest man for the job :P

You gotta hand it to Krohnus. He's a world-class jerk, but he knows how to keep a universe running.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:53 am 
I would say this about Oceans Unmoving.
It was interesting and fun, but you always had the thought in the back of your mind "When are we going back to Sluggy Freelance?"

And I wasn't reading the daily updates at the time, just took that part during an archive trawl.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:18 am 
migB wrote:
It was interesting and fun, but you always had the thought in the back of your mind "When are we going back to Sluggy Freelance?"

And I wasn't reading the daily updates at the time, just took that part during an archive trawl.

I agree with that. I think an Oceans Unmoving 2 with all or most of the Sluggy gang would be awesome, though.

It's interesting to note that today's update implies two things: Riff's DFA can pierce, and in large doses undo, the work of the most powerful god, and a universe which has lost its timeless space is not exactly dead, just less protected.

Last edited by OrzBrain on Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:19 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
We've seen Tempest's questionable role as "warden" (let out anyone in the ocean. Really?), and Kronus's hands off approach to managing the web and that tangle. At least in Tempest there's someone who might be able to un-snafu the fate web. If the Time Jerk lets him at it again.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 am 
Celadon wrote:
We've seen Tempest's questionable role as "warden" (let out anyone in the ocean. Really?), and Kronus's hands off approach to managing the web and that tangle. At least in Tempest there's someone who might be able to un-snafu the fate web. If the Time Jerk lets him at it again.

I think the point is that if you're in the ocean, you are removed at the end of time, and tempest chooses the moment in time that you're put back in. He can put you in in the middle of all the action, or he can put you on a deserted island during the stone age. His choice.

Quote:
And thus is created one of the most original settings I have ever seen. Pete, you should really do more with OU. It was really cool

I think pete has mentioned an OU2 (saying that the dimension of rain storyline set up for it) also, several OU1 characters have made it back to the main sluggy universe (Flip is back, and maybe kada has been put into the "modern time" portion of the timeline. maybe.)

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:24 am 
migB wrote:

The only part I didn't like about OU were the alien 8-bit UFO fillers. The rest of the story arc was pure awesomeness and brilliant comedy genius for me :torg:

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:29 am 
yaysalt wrote:
I think the point is that if you're in the ocean, you are removed at the end of time, and tempest chooses the moment in time that you're put back in. He can put you in in the middle of all the action, or he can put you on a deserted island during the stone age. His choice.

Tempest said "the wheres and whens I send you are always ballpark to the point you left the normal time stream". He will not have you travel too much in space or time.
I guess that also means that fat-man tossed BunBun from the tower some time (but not too much) before the comic began.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions