Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:54 pm 
I think "certainly" is going too far. Sure it's hindsight obvious to see the seeds of Bun-Bun being an ancient god from the point of his introduction. But just because the seeds were there doesn't mean the idea is. The character and story evolved from those seeds to logically reach the back story we have today. Could Pete have thought some of this up back in 1997? Certainly he could have and I understand that it wouldn't have taken much for a rudimentary idea that Bun-Bun was an ancient god to have popped up. However, I'm not so sure Pete was even thinking of carrying Sluggy in such a plot heavy direction from the start. So I'm very skeptical that he had all this planned out in the first year and while I don't find it hard to believe that the "Bun-Bun is a god" idea crossed his mind, I think claiming that he certainly planned it that way is pretty tough to swallow. I agree that the idea almost certainly crossed his mind. I don't agree that that's necessarily the same thing as "planning" or that he was wholly committed to the idea from the start. I also don't think it matters that much. I don't believe he's contradicting anything in past strips, just fleshing out the story in ways that may not have been conceived at the time, which is good and appropriate.

I also have much more serious doubts that the Santa stuff was planned early on. I suspect most or much of what's being revealed now was probably planned around the time of Holiday Wars.

Post Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:21 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
The comic has been named and pained. Truly, this does spell the end -- at least the beginning of it. I felt a shiver down my spine -- and it wasn't just the Krig Gaul pun that did it.

LB. :zoe:

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:19 am 
Thom Solo wrote:
The reference has already been made. It is too late for the Sluggites to post. ;)

LOL!! Well played, sir. Well played.

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 2:56 am 
TCCPhreak wrote:
"Well, that's an even older story.

The great glowy headed one does like to have his fun.
Quote:
Don't expect answers!".

There is still time.

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 9:38 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
Triangle-brain? How Bun-bunnish.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions