Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:32 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Sky_Render wrote:
What I find interesting is, in all the years between K'Z'K's fateful imprisonment and now, not one of those family lines died out. Lucky break for The End, given all the crazy stuff that keeps happening! (Yeah, getting into spec territory past that, so let's leave it there.)

At least one of the ordained was killed (just moments ago actually, by a skeleton-Deadel, for not chanting Ropuik). So we have to assume that whatever happens to a piece of K'Z'K when the host is killed, it doesn't interfere with his ability to fully regenerate.

I assume it's some sort of "critical mass" situation, but that doesn't explain the specialized pieces (eyeballs, tentacles, et cetera) coming out of individuals.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:01 pm 
War of the Bug Squishers - Episode III: Revenge of the Squish

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:43 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
I realize this is completely outside the whole "suspension of disbelief" arena, but... how do a bunch of soul-bits result in being back in the flesh?

All that aside, this is well into epic territory.

Gwynn has some surprises in store. She doesn't know about Zoe and Riff, she's never heard of Riff's dad, she may or may not remember all the stuff she's done under the control of Kizzyboo, and she may or may not have any magic left in her (since the bug has gone).

Dang, what a day to wait for Friday.

Oh -- and I think Lacey just got THOOM'ed.

It just so happened to be the location of where he got squished .. ... according to the ref link.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:44 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Check it out, we have all 4 of the human characters here now. It has been a while hasn't it.

Hi KZK!

Meander look so proud of herself in that last panel.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 pm 
ramoss wrote:
It just so happened to be the location of where he got squished .. ... according to the ref link.

How do you figure? It doesn't look anything like the temple of Mokhadun, past or present.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:05 pm 
Not good not good not good NOT GOOD. The voweless has waited a long time for this! (as have the sluggites) and now that the dark night is upon us I am afraid *squeezes plush Kiki*

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:27 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I think it might be that we're looking at the Ordained wrong. If you consider that each one is a hard drive with some files on it, then if you loose one or more you're going to have a problem getting the program to run. But if you think of them as modems hooked up to a server, then as long as you have one you're going to get all of the files for the program. It'll take longer, but you won't lose anything.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:06 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Oh -- and I think Lacey just got THOOM'ed.

I thought that - and really hoped that - as well. But look carefully at the left-side of the panel, and you can see that she merely got knocked off of her feet and is in the process of flying backwards. That is also what happened to Torg, which may be why he looks "weird".

Where is that BUNNY?!? Not to mention ALL of the "potentials"?

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:26 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Bunny Suction wrote:
Sky_Render wrote:
What I find interesting is, in all the years between K'Z'K's fateful imprisonment and now, not one of those family lines died out. Lucky break for The End, given all the crazy stuff that keeps happening! (Yeah, getting into spec territory past that, so let's leave it there.)

At least one of the ordained was killed (just moments ago actually, by a skeleton-Deadel, for not chanting Ropuik). So we have to assume that whatever happens to a piece of K'Z'K when the host is killed, it doesn't interfere with his ability to fully regenerate.

I assume it's some sort of "critical mass" situation, but that doesn't explain the specialized pieces (eyeballs, tentacles, et cetera) coming out of individuals.

Possibly it's more analagous to cloning from stem cells. Each of the 'Ordained' contains base K'Zk material, that like DNA in animal stem cells has the potential to form any part of K'Zk.

In that case it's the re-emergent bug (the only sentient piece) that is using spells to orchestrate the re-assembly , re-creating as needed and determining which bits come from which source material (cloning new base stuff as needed using existing as a template).

Also wonder if this was part of Will's strategy as a means of freeing Riff from the curse of possession and he will now be revealed to have a plan to nobble K'Zk and the Cult after all.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 pm 
erewhon wrote:
nobble

You just introduced me to my new favorite word.

Thank you.

Oh, and swmartian: I meant "to THOOM" as a general-purpose verb meaning "to affect in a mighty way with a giant "THOOM". I see here there; I just thought it was funny that she got smacked around like everybody else the moment Koozy shows up.

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:09 pm 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
erewhon wrote:
nobble

You just introduced me to my new favorite word.
Thank you.

You're welcome. :kiki:

Technically it means to incapacitate, rather than destroy (specifically racehorses).

Since we now know that as one of the 'two pillars of reality' K'Zk can't be truly destoyed.

Imprisoned or confined, but not destroyed

Post Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:10 pm 
I thought that was "hobble" (whereas "nobble" means to influence or thwart).

But yes, I agree with your approach to the "thwart, not destroy" philosophy.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:47 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
ramoss wrote:

How do you figure? It doesn't look anything like the temple of Mokhadun, past or present.

Because Kzk said 'convenietly, in a location where where the squished pieces of me are'. Panel 3 from Thursday.

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:50 am 
Right, but that doesn't mean the squished pieces all *stayed* where they were. The pieces are all inside people, which was the whole point of bringing together all the ordained.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions