Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:32 am 
No, the Bug took her back to tell Kozoaku to start collecting souls, and to create the blood compass, the box, and the scroll -- and Wilcott used all of them in K'z'k's resurrection. (But we still don't understand WHY Wilcott wants to do this...)

In the midst of all this powerful development for Gwynn, I had to laugh... "Here I am. Finally home. Blind. Shoeless. Worthless." In the middle of being yanked from the past, seeing the Bug's plan, realizing what a tool she was, giving up to The End -- she's still all about the shoes. :gwynn: LOL

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:41 am 
I'm torn between wating to hug Gwynn, and wanting to shake her, screaming at her to GET IT TOGETHER!

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:12 am 
Wow, Pete. This... this feels like a new high for you. And that's saying something.

The way you pulled all of these threads together, evoking such sympathy for such an often-annoying character... the way you made me laugh in the middle of this with her concern for shoes... and that despairing monologue that ends on Torg's foot, with him standing upright again in the near background... because even though I can't completely articulate all that this last panel means, I know that Torg is once again the pivot point around which this turns. Wow, what dramatic tension.

There's nothing quite like seeing an artist at the (next) height of his craft.

*salute*

Post Posted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 pm 
KarlMonster wrote:
Gwynn's conclusion that she was blameless, but stupid, is an impression from seeing the Bug's master plan. My interpretation is a shade different. The Bug engineered Kron's death by replacing Siphianianianianananana with Gwynn. Siphylus would only have toyed with Kron to pique Farahn, but Gwynn's insertion changed that radically.

That's not what the bug said (panel 5) ...

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:15 pm 
It's interesting that K'z'k didn't bother to cast a forgetmelots curse on Gwynn like he did on himself six millennia and just moments ago. He had to prevent Gwynn from realizing how she was being used, but now that he has escaped he apparently doesn't mind if she remembers everything. Either he doesn't consider Gwynn a threat anymore, or he actively wants Gwynn to feel powerless and useless.

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:18 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
It's interesting that K'z'k didn't bother to cast a forgetmelots curse on Gwynn like he did on himself six millennia and just moments ago. He had to prevent Gwynn from realizing how she was being used, but now that he has escaped he apparently doesn't mind if she remembers everything. Either he doesn't consider Gwynn a threat anymore, or he actively wants Gwynn to feel powerless and useless.

Well, that's kind of a recurring theme, now that I think about it...

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:19 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
In the midst of all this powerful development for Gwynn, I had to laugh... "Here I am. Finally home. Blind. Shoeless. Worthless." In the middle of being yanked from the past, seeing the Bug's plan, realizing what a tool she was, giving up to The End -- she's still all about the shoes.

That's my girl.

Post Posted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:

Well the forgetmelots curse was used strictly to prevent changes in history, so it wasn't necessary for Gwynn. I'm sure K'Z'K doesn't consider Gwynn much of a threat and also probably does delight in making her feel powerless, but that's not the point. I'm sure that if Gwynn were heading back to an earlier time where her knowledge of the events in Mohkadun could actually interfere with his plan, he would have made her forget. Since they're going back to the same point in time and he doesn't have to worry about alterations to the timeline anymore, why bother making her forget? He only has to worry about alterations to things that have already happened in the past for him, not to things that will happen.

Post Posted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:17 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
The discussion about Gywnn and the "death" of friends has been moved to its own thread in SRC called Death and Loyalty.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions