Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:53 am 
When Zoe showed them the egg, Gwynn relized that Dunuloa had marked it with a scroll in honor of Soco. Afterall, he was the one who had presented them with this plan for imprisoning KZK.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:24 am 
Rombobjörn wrote:
So it turns out that thinking aloud wasn't such a bad idea after all. Otherwise Zoë wouldn't have known what the eggs were.

How fortunate that Dunuloa's spells work without specifying names, as using Farahn for the binding wasn't planned. Less fortunate if that's why the spell seems to have hit Gwynn too.

Throwing like a stormbreaker apparently means that the thrown object doesn't leave on a tangent, but on a normal.

Cute.

Farahn looks pretty rough there. Also, his collar symbols seem to have changed -- and his funky headgear looks positively Isle-of-Presque-ish.
ZylonBane wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
SiliconWolf wrote:
Well, Kizzy, looks like the yoke's on you! That's what you get for counting your chickens before they hatch.
Yoke's on you - wonderful!

It would be wonderful... if K'Z'K was an ox.

Thank you.

And yeah, I'm not sure this is so simple. Chilus and the gang could probably do this again -- Meander looks way too smug -- and even if they don't, there's still a whole lot of evil right there.

Gwynn? Are you going to be stuck in *his* head now?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:38 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
K'Z'K, I am disappointed. You really should have known better.

So... what next?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 am 
Location: We dine well here in Camelot. We eat ham and jam and spam a lot.
So, IS the world (or spark, or whatever) really saved? Tune in tomorrow, sluggy-fans, same sluggy-time, same sluggy-channel.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
ZylonBane wrote:
Silverwalker wrote:
SiliconWolf wrote:
Well, Kizzy, looks like the yoke's on you! That's what you get for counting your chickens before they hatch.
Yoke's on you - wonderful!

It would be wonderful... if K'Z'K was an ox.

DANG IT! So sorry! Fixing it in original post. rats, rats, rats, rats.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
sonabi wrote:
So I asked Pete at DragonCon, like almost 7 years ago, if Zoe was ever going to reprise her role as the stormbreaker. (Who I happened to be dressed as at the time, because that was my character name on WoW.) He said yes without giving any specific details

Wait, Pete gives out spoilers????
MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:59 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
SiliconWolf wrote:
Wait, Pete gives out spoilers????
MUHAHAHAHAHA!
Only to a very select few of us who have been around forever. :)

and even then it's not like he tells us "this this this and this are going to happen"

Like we mods know that Torg's last name is [SPOILERS!]

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:13 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
And I don't quite understand why Gwynn mentioned Soco at that particular moment. What did Soco have to do with Dunuloa's eggs?

Not the eggs per se, but the idea of the en-scrollment of the Destroyer was Soco's, (or Gwynn/Soco's, depending on the timeline).

In any case, it was Soco who presented it to the gods and got Dunuloa working on it.

As to what next:

It's not clear that Gwynn is being drawn into the book. She certainly seems to be surrounded by the spell effect, and she has 'Power Eyes'.

Perhaps the bug is taking up residence again?

Regarding the cult, well Zoe still has a basket 'o Power Eggs, Bun Bun is somewhere near, Strom has a sniper rifle (not ALL the demon hosts regenerate) and Chaz is once more in Torg's hands.

Should be interesting!

Last edited by erewhon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:18 pm 
Yup, I missed the scroll on the egg.

Sure wish Torg and Zoe would be a bit more quiet about the innocent blood. Wouldn't want Meander to hear.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:14 pm 
Fun observation.

The egg cast two spells. In Pete's links, Khronus himself cast a third to imprison Kozoaku. It's clearly part English (or more likely, onomatopoeic) as you can see K'Z'K backwards.

So......there's that. I'd assume this was the stripping of the vowels, but anything further than this observation would be speculation on what the spell actually did, and whether or not it needed to be cast again here ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:49 pm 
I loved the "THROW like a stormbreaker" especially since Zoe was last seem throwing "like a girl"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:04 am 
gregnier wrote:
Like we mods know that Torg's last name is [SPOILERS!]

Wait, Torg's full name is Torg Sluggy Spoilers? My eyes would be bugging out of my head too if my parents named me that.

edit: Whoah, I totally missed this was my 1,000th post.

Last edited by s.i.l. on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:34 am 
garyfritz wrote:
So, let's say K'z'k is trapped in the book again. What's to keep the various demon factions from releasing him again, just like Gwynn and Torg did the first time? Chilus may be content to stay top dog, but Skip wants K'z'k free.

Their challenge this time around was re-assembling his shattered parts. They accomplished that, and now there's a whole Kizzy in the book. If Gwynn & Torg could release him, I'm sure one demon or another could too.

And I don't quite understand why Gwynn mentioned Soco at that particular moment. What did Soco have to do with Dunuloa's eggs?

I wonder if Gwynn is the only one caught in the spell because she's the only one Kizzer is actually *holding* ? Riff and Will are hung from his talon-thingies (by the kilt and the grapple) and he's holding Chaz, not Torg. (And probably Torg's hands, but...) Though if that's the explanation, you could claim *Chaz* should get caught up too...

You know, I suspect that the Book will prove... resistant... to attempts to read it without its authorization. It may even hit someone who tries to read it in the groin with a baseball bat.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:53 am 
The Book got its power from K'z'k. K'z'k was desperate to get out so he took advantage of Gwynn when she started using the book so much. I would think K'z'k is going to be at LEAST as desperate to get out again, so I can't imagine why he / the Book would resist anyone giving him an opportunity to free himself.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm 
garyfritz wrote:
The Book got its power from K'z'k. K'z'k was desperate to get out so he took advantage of Gwynn when she started using the book so much. I would think K'z'k is going to be at LEAST as desperate to get out again, so I can't imagine why he / the Book would resist anyone giving him an opportunity to free himself.

K'Z'K is not the book. If he were it wouldn't make a very effective prison. In the book 10 bonus story Gwynn was the book.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions