Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for June 17, 2014
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:52 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
L plus 3.05

Tuesday's brain hurts. This nonsensical list is trying to eat its marbles. Good thing the marbles have been missing for some time.

1) Ah yes, I see that you noticed. They did take away my "accreditation", due to them being very stuck-up and shortsighted. My work was/is much better than their stodgy ways. Who cares if I was using unorthodox methods... Now where was I? Oh right, doing something that will be a terrible pain to do. But I'm sure you'll scream with joy when you see the results.

2) We could do that... Or, we could do something else that won't make things worse. We could decide just bury this little information until a little more opportune time. It's not lying, it's merely us withholding some facts. We get to keep what we have and not worry about our "competitor" making our lives unpleasant. Otherwise we may have to do something unpleasant as well.

3) I hate all of you here, and I don't agree that we need to do something about her. Why mess up something that our "friends" are doing about her? It doesn't really mean anything important as long as we have him still around giving us problems. Anyway, who would we find to do this? I can't think of anyone to... Why is everyone staring at me?

4) Things are not going well. He's the popular one on the "playground" ever since I was embarrassed with that...thing that happened. So how am I going to gain my popularity back? Unless... I were to turn around and do the same thing to him. This is perfect! Only problem is, I can't pull it off myself. There's only one person I know that can help me. Only problem is that he's still a bit sore at me over what I did to him. It wasn't deliberate, so I'm sure he'll forgive me.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#95 +0 *410]

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:07 am 
Gwynn should get an eye patch and be pirate-sexy. Arrr!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:23 am 
Torg, you cruel bastard! Its the scalp not the face!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:36 am 
Pretty funny. Maybe Nash won't be at the safehouse after all (or if he is... AWKwarrrrd......)

I love how Gwynn, all "blinded" and "paralyzed," has the strength to first say "Screw yoooou..."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:38 am 
Nothing wrong with scars gained honourably. Besides, this one has a really cool story to go with it! Gwynn will be able to get free drinks off that baby for years. ;)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:48 am 
balthazar wrote:
Nothing wrong with scars gained honourably. Besides, this one has a really cool story to go with it! Gwynn will be able to get free drinks off that baby for years. ;)

The thought of getting free drinks from a baby disturbs me... :-P

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:41 am 
Gwynn really needs to work on perfecting two things with her magic ASAP: one, rapid healing; two, some variant on the soul separation spell that was operating during the Bad Hair storyline, a variant that allows her to retain consciousness and control of her magic as a spirit, so that she can use it for healing on her physical body regardless of damage.
If she can get that down she might be able to give Wolverine a run for his money.

And in the future bulletproof shielding while flying might also be a good idea.

Rapid healing, at least, shouldn't be a problem from her history. We saw her take a knife slash across the back from Oasis during the Oasis Wedding/Diablo 2 Released storyline, and her reaction was to complain about her blouse being ripped and covered in blood. In fact I'm rather confused why she's acting like the face wound/neck injury is a problem.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 am 
I have lost track of how many aliases Strom/Nash has gone by.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:26 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
Rapid healing, at least, shouldn't be a problem from her history. We saw her take a knife slash across the back from Oasis during the Oasis Wedding/Diablo 2 Released storyline, and her reaction was to complain about her blouse being ripped and covered in blood. In fact I'm rather confused why she's acting like the face wound/neck injury is a problem.

That was demon-possessed Gwynn, and we know that a fully demon-possessed Gwynn regenerates incredibly quickly. Gwynn no longer has a fragment of K'Z'K in her. Even if she did, she's not currently being possessed by it.

Currently, Gwynn seems to be closer to Gwynn of the Book than Fueled-by-K'Z'K Gwynn.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:34 am 
She recently claimed she wasn't fully possessed then and knew what she was doing. I would think that should mean that she knows how she was healing.

... I suppose it may be a complex process that Poopypants was running from the background, though.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:52 am 
So, what are the odds that Nash and Gwynn end up romantically involved?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:58 pm 
Wide-eyed Gwynn doesn't look like Gwynn.

Also, Torg still has a 1.000 average for saying whatever it takes to make her freak out.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:15 pm 
Storm is in an enclosed space with a pissed off witch that he may or may not have permanently scarred while trying to kill.

RIP Storm, it was nice knowing you.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:17 pm 
Either Pete's hiding Halle Berry under that hat, or someone's autocorrect is a tad too eager.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:50 pm 
They ducked out of there in a hurry. I wonder if they remembered to grab Gwynn's surviving glasses lens, and much more importantly, the Book? I don't see it in the getaway buggy...

I'm sure Torg wouldn't forget Chaz, and hopefully they wouldn't forget the Book, but...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions