Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for June 20, 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:12 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
L plus 3.08

[----- SpecProtectâ„¢: Enabled -----]

Friday thinks Tombsy is most likely this woman. She is most definitely evil.

[----- SpecProtectâ„¢: Disabled -----]

Oh right, The List of Oddness:

1) There you are! Hey you in the hovel, you have my "property" that I was promised. Come on, I had to walk a long ways to get here... Oh, it's going to be like that huh? You need to use something that's not so fragile if you want to dissuade me... Ouch! Yup, that'll do it.

2) I speak that language very good. I was told that I was very proficient at it. Could hardly even tell that I wasn't a native speaker... What do you mean that my intonation is horrid? You think you can do bett... Wow...and you also speak 18 more flawlessly. I feel so dirty now. I need to take a "bath".

na) Screw it. There's not going to be a third nonsensical item. Since it went off on strange tangent. Like when you go to lie in bed then someone comes over and ties you up and then some strange devices appear. Then another person comes in and starts lighting some "incense" while speaking of false gods... Um, what?

4) Is this what a farm is really like? These "pigs" are very uncouth to me. All of the bleating and rooting they do. Though that one seems like he is a embarrassment to even pig kind with how he acts so vulgar to everyone around with his filth. If we need a slab of bacon, be sure to slaughter that one first.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#95 +0 *508]

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:09 am 
Location: In front of PC, on www.sluggy.com, mindlessly hitting refresh button
Ancient dagger steeped in death? Not scary.

Bun-Bun glaring at it? Oh crap! Bun-Bun is angry! Get the vodka! Get the Baywatch tapes! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:09 am 
Now Nash REALLY needs an exit strategy! And so does everyone else on or probably under that roof!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am 
SiliconWolf wrote:
Ancient dagger steeped in death? Not scary.

Bun-Bun glaring at it? Oh crap! Bun-Bun is angry! Get the vodka! Get the Baywatch tapes! RUN! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Ancient Sacrificial dagger, previously used in summoning uber-demon.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 am 
So the referenced comic was missing the h in http. Should have been like this.

So Pete is saying that Bun Bun might think that his mother was killed by a sacrificial dagger. Ok, does this mean we will get more of Bun Bun's back story?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:14 am 
Run for your lives! Ruuun!!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am 
Aw crap. Bun Bun's remembering stuff. (Damn, wrong on my longtime greatsword spec. But pretty clear Pete's quickly answering or at least teasing some of my Defender questions, hehe)

Quickly leafing back to 4U City- what are Riff's chances of recognizing Nash/Alt-Nash, who was at one of the pilots in his rebellion (but did they ever meet or merely join up via the virtual organizing efforts?)

Ah, home sweet Jersey. Props to Gwynn for managing dimensional travel there, simply navigating the highway system's various Reality-Tears and Wormholes is enough for me in a car, to heck with messing with magical teleportation through that Maelstrom. (I'd give Han Solo decent odds from his Kessel Run experience)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:16 am 
Sitting in the middle of an IHOP right now is the only thing that kept me from shouting out about Bun-bun recognizing the dagger.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:17 am 
I believe it should be "judicious," not "judicial." Unless a magistrate is going to apply gravity to get the vehicle to ground level. Which is entirely possible, considering it's Sluggy.

* That was a comment about the weird plot twists that Pete comes up with (Talking bunny! Dimensional travel! Vampires! Magic! Laser cannons! Wizard school! Telemarketers!), not spec referencing Riff's ancestry. Because that would just be silly.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:37 am 
All of a sudden, the whole "gravity" issue doesn't appear to be their most imminent threat.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:41 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
That's not how you hand someone a dagger...or any "sharp" bladed instrument for that matter.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:59 am 
AOL: EmpressLira
Like Zoe, I, too, am glad that life isn't boing. Life would be like the trailer for flubber if it were. :pun:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:29 am 
Alas, gravity is a harsh and unforgiving mistress, unswayed by the plight of us poor mortals.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:46 am 
balthazar wrote:
Alas, gravity is a harsh and unforgiving mistress, unswayed by the plight of us poor mortals.

It did do well at the Academy Awards, though.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:47 am 
EmpressDeStructo wrote:
Like Zoe, I, too, am glad that life isn't boing. Life would be like the trailer for flubber if it were. :pun:

Too bad. If life was boing, they wouldn't have to worry about falling off the roof. Sadly, life is splat.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions