Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for July 8, 2014
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:27 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Tuesday doesn't know what yesterday's problem is. I only took two breaks all day. Each were only about five...okay, maybe both were closer to twelve each. No more than that!

No way I would spend a single hour beyond that. That would be just plain unprofessional.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#90 +3 *185]

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 am 
But, he COULD have recognized her! She went back in time.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:07 am 
What a fog it was if he's just now noticing.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 am 
First: Riff you are an idiot.

Second:
ramoss wrote:
I don't think he ever knew her soul was in Siphy's body. He just thought she was acting odd. And when he did give Gwynn the power of the book back to her, her referred to her as "my beloved Siphaniana" not Gwynn.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:46 am 
What most people realise (and a few obvious others do not) is that regardless of ones connection to someone else, reincarnation, direct decendant with a strong connection, ect. that does not make you that person. You are You. Your experences diferentiate you from everyone else on the planet, past, present, and future. We are a product of the lives we live and the choices we make, so choose wisely in the life you live, because there are no mulligans, you have to play it as it lies.

[/ramble]

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:42 am 
Yup, Gwynn has been reading the spec forum.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:52 am 
Did Kzk travel back in time of his own power, or did he rely on an ancestral connection?? This week, instead of going to the SRC forums, watch Gwynn speculate instead! :P

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 am 
And the moral of this story was "mahummina-hummina whubba-jubbas". Mmmmmm, yes indeed. Now I know that this aesop might be considered anvilicious to some, but some anvils just need to be hammered upon.

That said, its really strange how Pete can do this. Weird little singular moments like this, where everything pivots on end and every bit of status quo is torn asunder, and then in no time at all its like this is how it has always been and the only way it could be. Most works, regardless of quality, can't do that. And I am eternally impressed.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:33 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
First: Riff you are an idiot.

Second:
ramoss wrote:
I don't think he ever knew her soul was in Siphy's body. He just thought she was acting odd. And when he did give Gwynn the power of the book back to her, her referred to her as "my beloved Siphaniana" not Gwynn.

Here he refers to her as "Gwynn": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20030529
So it would appear that he simultaneously recognizes that they are two separate individuals, and yet thinks they are the same person anyway. Very confused, but will keep the faith and chalk it up to "mysteries to hopefully be addressed later." Also not clear on one other thing. Even if Gwynn and Siphaniana were somehow linked, why would that link enable K'Z'K to time travel? Feels like the one doesn't really justify the other.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:16 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
ramoss wrote:
Here he refers to her as "Gwynn": http://www.sluggy.com/comics/archives/daily/20030529
So it would appear that he simultaneously recognizes that they are two separate individuals, and yet thinks they are the same person anyway. Very confused, but will keep the faith and chalk it up to "mysteries to hopefully be addressed later." Also not clear on one other thing. Even if Gwynn and Siphaniana were somehow linked, why would that link enable K'Z'K to time travel? Feels like the one doesn't really justify the other.
Interesting... I tried to come up with some way to explain that, and the only thing I could come up with was: It's old enough that maybe Pete didn't have all of the pieces planned out yet. Otherwise it is odd, since Farhan really shouldn't of forgotten. Unless...because of all the soul-swapping that was going on, he was confused.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:46 pm 
Bunny Suction wrote:
Even if Gwynn and Siphaniana were somehow linked, why would that link enable K'Z'K to time travel? Feels like the one doesn't really justify the other.

I believe it was Dunuloa's spell on the necklace that provided the link.

The bug sitting in Qwynn's head was able to seize the moment and connect the activation events. The possible link between Siphy and Qwynn may be a byproduct of what happened subsequently, not causal.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions