Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:40 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
He calls them all Sally, remember?

Could Tempest want out that bad? Maybe...

So it seems like the Destroyer's not down for the count yet, and something in the near future with the escalation of everything (R&D wars, HC, and the Cult) maybe leads to his death? I can't see how that could have been the real plan, though with so much power flinging around at this point in the web it's a real risk.

Someone needs to fire Kronhus, if he's not a villain at this point he's pretty damn close to one.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:44 am 
Well, that makes for a pretty damn effective endgame.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:53 am 
BeachBull wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Ahhh, so the end game is revealed.

And interestingly, Torg's question to Chaz a long time ago gets answered.

Which question was that?

"If you were 'powered up' back then, could we have killed Kizke?"

Does that broken bug symbol look like anyone's head? Just speccin'.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:08 am 
BeachBull wrote:
Marcus wrote:
Ahhh, so the end game is revealed.

And interestingly, Torg's question to Chaz a long time ago gets answered.

Which question was that?

if you tear out the last page of the book, does the story go on forever?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am 
"Pillars of Reality"? "Fate web"?

Y'know, people don't normally freak out this much when a metaphor breaks down.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:08 pm 
Celadon wrote:
Someone needs to fire Kronhus, if he's not a villain at this point he's pretty damn close to one.

Seriously... where is Prozoato in all of this? He entrusted all this power to Krohnus to do a job with, and the guy has basically washed his hands of all responsibility. Any supreme diety paying attention would have stripped him of power long ago.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 pm 
Incredible storyline, albeit with a few confusing bits. I wonder if Carl's implication here is that Tempest is behind the tangle via incompetence/ignorance (meaning it's a bad result of good intentions) or that he's behind it via intentional design (he'd rather undo all of reality than spend eternity in timeless space).

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:46 pm 
I'm not sure I completely understand what's going on here, but I just wanted to thank Pete for telling us an amazing story over the past... sixteen months or whatever it's been. Thanks, Pete!

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:18 am 
So on the comic from the 7/10/2014, we have Googol talking to Lord Tempest through the hat, and Bini saying "The great Tangle is gone?" and Googol goes "What tangle?"

Then on the comic from 7/11/2014, we have Googol going "Where's the hat?" and Carl goes "I put it away. Far away."

So does this mean Carl hid Tempest's hat again or is this a continuity error?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:51 am 
TheCreature wrote:
So on the comic from the 7/10/2014, we have Googol talking to Lord Tempest through the hat, and Bini saying "The great Tangle is gone?" and Googol goes "What tangle?"

Then on the comic from 7/11/2014, we have Googol going "Where's the hat?" and Carl goes "I put it away. Far away."

So does this mean Carl hid Tempest's hat again or is this a continuity error?

The former, as Carl explains

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:06 am 
July 11's closeup of Carl made it too obvious to ignore any longer: The spider anatomy is horribly wrong. Those are more like 8-legged insects then spiders (except Googol, he seems fairly OK)

Spiders do not have a separate head and thorax like insects do. Their legs are attached to the same 'bulb' as the head/eyes/mouth. Basically, spiders have their legs attached to their heads (as the abdomen is the actual body with heart, lungs etc). Spiders have 2 body 'bulbs' (officially: 2 tagmata), insects have 3.

At least Googol has its legs attached to its head. but he seems to miss the abdomen, but that is normal for mites, which are close relatives to spiders. Who knows, maybe he is a really ancient race of spider.

Not that this is relevant to the story, but that closeup was too much to ignore.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:42 am 
cybermaus wrote:
Spiders do not have a separate head and thorax like insects do. Their legs are attached to the same 'bulb' as the head/eyes/mouth. Basically, spiders have their legs attached to their heads (as the abdomen is the actual body with heart, lungs etc). Spiders have 2 body 'bulbs' (officially: 2 tagmata), insects have 3.

At least Googol has its legs attached to its head. but he seems to miss the abdomen, but that is normal for mites, which are close relatives to spiders. Who knows, maybe he is a really ancient race of spider.

Wasn't there at some point a non-spider taking care of the web? Could it have been either of these guys?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:31 am 
Not likely.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:37 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
On praying: I wonder who a fate spider would pray to. The One and Prozoato seem to be strictly creators, not caretakers. The caretaker role was given to Krohnus, who delegated fate management to Tempest. Now Tempest is stuck in Timeless Space and can't directly affect Earth, and Krohnus has apparently stopped caring. The job as caretaker gods seems to have dropped into the fate spiders' laps, and they would be the ones for mortals to send their prayers to (which I suspect that few mortals know). I suppose Googol might pray to Krohnus that he will start paying attention again. Other than that there doesn't seem to be anyone for him to pray to.

On the Omega Pillar: The Destroyer's symbol does actually resemble an omega a little bit. The winged snake symbol that appears to be Prozoato's doesn't look anything like an alpha though.

Speaking of symbols: Is that a cracked Destroyer symbol on one of the camels in panel two? Or is it the other half-circle symbol that was seen in various places in Mokhadun, for example here on the camel's neck and Siphaniana's earrings?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:07 pm 
I believe it's the latter -- which also looks a lot like Schlock's command window, and the 4U City residential windows.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions