Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for July 18, 2014
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Hi ya everybody! It's Friday speaking.

I'm sorry but I can't stay long. I have a party to go to. Woohoo! And I'm going to get a gift, but it's supposed to be a surprise.

Some nice gentlemen said they were going to give me a Colombian Necktie at the party. You know I'm flattered they are giving an imported gift, but I asked them, 'Shouldn't it be a surprise at the party instead of telling me about it ahead of time?'. They laughed, and then told me not to worry since it will definitely be a surprise. This is so exciting!

Oh! I got to run! The party starts at midnight over at the docks. Toodaloo!

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#92 +1 *441]

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:22 am 
Heh. Hereti-Corp: 2 skullz&bonez. Demon cult releasing the Destroyer: 3 skullz&bonez.

New Jersey: 5 skullz&bonez. LOL

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:24 am 
Yes, but does your tap water catch fire?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:01 am 
balthazar wrote:
Yes, but does your tap water catch fire?

I think I, and Riff would be in agreement that that is simply an excellent "Feature"

As a born and bred New Yorker, love Pete's willingness to run with this. New Jersey is my state's regularly nuggied younger brother who we constantly
tease but have to stick up for in fights. The sort of brother who makes fantastic 24 hour diner food... but unfortunately
likes to build roads to said diners that regularly suck people into horrific transdimensional voids (also sometimes called "the Turnpike"
by those who never trod its abysmal horrors). That said, the Pine Barrens truck me as one of the safer places, if you can avoid angering
well-armed locals or the Jersey Devil

Also, the state proudly possesses at LEAST 2 Diagonal Stoplights. They point at the corners. People either pick one or the other, or try to follow both
by pulling into the middle and stopping (which is, somehow the safest choice). Its pretty horrifying, though after seeing some of the things the roads
there through at people, don't blame Jersey drivers all that much. They have to drive in the treffic equivalent of a Timeless-Never-Kitten Realm 24/7.

(Fun side note- a study rated NY City and Jersey City drivers as the 2 safest in the country. Not due to our caution, but the fact they have to each regularly
drive in heavy combat conditions, with death coming from all sides (I suspect also rate high in road-related PTSD))

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:03 am 
Also, sudden Gwynn backstory out of left field. Yay!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:26 am 
I liked living in New Jersey, and every time I've visited, but it's still fun to pick on. Especially Camden. Every horrible thing they say about Jersey is only true in Camden.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:33 am 
Pete wrote:
Like anyone who knows anything about Jersey can tell you, radioactive or not you WILL have to pay property taxes.

This isn't a critisism of the strip, but I found this the funniest thing written today.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:42 am 
North Jersey is quite lovely. And last time I checked, the state of my birth did indeed have more legal nuclear waste disposal sites than any other state in the union.

Stay off the turnpike, live happily ever after.

Oh -- and property taxes are everywhere.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:36 pm 
I kind of had the impression the strip largely took place in NJ to begin with? I guess I was mistaken. I mean I don't remember any story actually saying where they were, so I guess it was just a mistaken assumption...

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:56 pm 
enkephalin07 wrote:
I liked living in New Jersey, and every time I've visited, but it's still fun to pick on. Especially Camden. Every horrible thing they say about Jersey is only true in Camden.

Not Newark?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 pm 
Lord Golbez wrote:
I kind of had the impression the strip largely took place in NJ to begin with? I guess I was mistaken. I mean I don't remember any story actually saying where they were, so I guess it was just a mistaken assumption...

That was definitely true at least for a large chunk of the beginning, when they lived in the apartment complex. I'm not sure where each of the various places the gang has lived since then were located but since Crystal has been the local bartender at most of them, it stands to reason they didn't stray too far from their original stomping grounds. At least as of the last time we saw Crystal - right before they moved into Bjorkea.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:42 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
I don't believe the lawn would still be tended. Something's fishy.

Possibly Pete glossing over the idea that yards take work.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 am 
Good thing they're used to dangerous amounts of radioactive exposure by now. And other kinds of dangerous exposure, depending on what Riff is up to at any given week.

Ah, the benefits of being best friends with a mad scientist.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:04 pm 
I'm all Error 500 - Internal Server Error about it. :-)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:20 pm 
OneRing2Rule wrote:
I'm all Error 500 - Internal Server Error about it. :-)

Same thing on my phone, but my laptop is ok

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions