Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:09 pm 
pooga wrote:
Okay, did I miss a news announcement, or is this just the opposite of serendipity? Being from Nebraska, there are pretty much no cons within practical travelling distance. However, I accompanied my sister and her kids on a Disney World vacation a couple of weeks ago. Assuming Pete went with Leah, I was one resort over from Pete in Pop Century. This may have been the best chance I ever had for meeting the Nifty One, and I didn't even realize it. :(

Hey pooga! No, there was no announcement of my Disney vacation. I wouldn't have been able to do a sluggy meet, our schedule was too tight anyway. Kids kept us on a short leash! I need a vacation after that vacation!

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:02 am 
shoelessinsight wrote:
Bandersnatch wrote:
Yes, but... "Candied Haggis"? "Caramel Spam"? Are these references to some particular real-life OS? 'Cause if they are, I have no idea what the reference is supposed to be. Or are all operating systems given similarly inane names?

And was there a particular real-life smart-phone OS which caused apps to malfunction like this? Again, I don't get the reference.

All Google Android operating systems are named after deserts. The current OS is KitKat.

The GPS leading them into a tree might just be a general gag, but it could possibly be referring to Apple. In iOS 6, Apple banned Google Maps from their phones and replaced it with their own map app. It was apparently terrible and would give users insane directions. I did not have personal experience with it, however.

Your information is incorrect. Apple never "banned" Google Maps. Prior to IOS 6, the "Maps" app offered by Apple was based on Google Maps, but it was kind of basic. With the introduction of Apple Maps in IOS 6, it made sense to replace it. However, within months Google released a new Google Maps app for IOS, which was much better than the old Maps app. The Google Maps app was actually released on IOS before Android, for whatever reason.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions