Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:22 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday has no idea what Mon's and Fri's problem is, but it wants no part of it.

Here's my contribution to the color revolution. (click on image to see larger pic)

Original 2014-08-08 strip

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#93 -1 *506]

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Sometime, probably long after the comic is done, we might have a 100% full color Sluggy. That would make me happy.

Ah, NSA commentary. At least we live in a country where making these judgements ONLY lands us on watch lists, and not in front of a firing squad. #firstworldoppresssionproblems

;-)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:09 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I wondered if they were going to get closer to Bjorkea or more lost... But now I think they have passed over lost, and have gone to an entirely different level of lost. They're in the "There be monsters here" level. So probably Canada then...

Celadon wrote:
Sometime, probably long after the comic is done, we might have a 100% full color Sluggy. That would make me happy.
That will probably happen when the machines take over... and eliminated all those pesky humans... and become so bored that they start researching the legacy of the humans that was left behind...the internet... two hours later, machine kind ceases to exist... but not before coloring all of Sluggy and creating a 800 episode TV show adaption of it...

Guess you'll have to be happy with this current arc (possibly) being all in color instead. Well, if this arc ends the 5th of September, it might become fully colored...

Just wish I knew what color the car's supposed to be. It annoys me not knowing...

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:43 am 
Stupid pre-installed apps! Get off my phone!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 am 
Ahh, the perfect NSA spyware. Completely undetectable. I love it!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:09 am 
I always forget how much fun Gwynn and Torg are when playing off each other in a straight-up casual, comedic context. Even outside of Gwynn being temporally displaced and Torg being off the grid, it's been a while since they've done so without the situation being more dramatic or serious, but the two of them really do have a hilarious dynamic. I think it's because deep down they're very similar, yet Gwynn tries so very hard to act like they're not. Plus the whole "haughty vs silly" thing.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am 
OrzBrain wrote:

There used to be a time that when you had so much data, you couldn't even attempt to begin to sort through it... Not quite the case today.

Better hope their backup servers also got fried with the sudden influx, or Zorg will be discovered!
(you'd think that a teleporting GPS would be a dead giveaway, for starters)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm 
Spirantz wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:

There used to be a time that when you had so much data, you couldn't even attempt to begin to sort through it... Not quite the case today.

Better hope their backup servers also got fried with the sudden influx, or Zorg will be discovered!

Nah, they'll just think it's Apple Maps navigation V1

"Siri, WTF did you just DO!"

Siri - "Oh stop, you're making me blush!"

:-)

Post Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:48 am 
I honestly can't tell if this storyline is supposed to be funny, or... the opposite of that.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:44 am 
Spirantz wrote:

Depends upon how far you've teleported. I was reviewing my google location data for memorial day ( a day we always put at least 250 miles on the car without leaving the Portland Metro area) and there were a few odd glitches in my GPS data. I finally figured it out- they were times when I had lost the sats (particularly in the Tualatin Mountain Range), but had a clear line of sight to a cell tower, sometimes miles away- it recorded the tower location as the closest ping to my location. This, if plotted on Google Earth, had me teleporting over a couple of cliffs.

Oh, and Hi Chen! Nearly didn't recognize you working for the NSA instead of HeretiCorp.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:19 am 
Yeah, but teleporting instantly from Tunisia to New Jersey looks a bit more suspicious...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions