Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:38 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Due to Pete coming down with the plague (or something), Monday's strip will actually show up Tuesday September the 2nd...even though it will still be Monday's strip. Confused?

Monday has what it was hoping to give to you last week. Now you wouldn't think it by what has previously been "tortured", but it was because of this strip as to why I decide to do precede with my current insanity with this arc. This one just begged to be "maimed"...

Though it was one of the more painful and time-consuming ones to complete, and I knew that so I kept putting it off I think. The next one is nearly as bad, but for a somewhat different reason. Well...anyway, here's the strip for today.

Original 2014-08-06 strip

List of previously mutilated strips

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#96 -1 *792]

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:19 am 
That's a very nice coloring job Zil. I really like the sepia flashback effect in panel 3. The yellow "Yeller" sign made me grin. And nice grass in the final panel. Pete should start replacing the original black and whites with these.

Also, get well soon Pete!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:53 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
OrzBrain wrote:
That's a very nice coloring job Zil. I really like the sepia flashback effect in panel 3. The yellow "Yeller" sign made me grin. And nice grass in the final panel. Pete should start replacing the original black and whites with these.
I agree that he should...but that's never going to happen... Or at least as a link to it...ah...nope.

Though I may be a little biased, since the originals don't look right to me anymore. "What did he do to those panels?!? All the color is g- oh, wait."

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 am 
If only Gwynn knew just how much effort Torg puts in. Yes he is a total goofball, and somehow makes everything he does look easy, but looks are decieving. Torg and Gwynn have alot more in common then perhaps either of them realise, and I think once they figure that out, they are going to get along at least somewhat better.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:13 am 
When Riff and Zoe went missing, I sympathized with Gwynn for taking the view she did, because it made sense. But that "Some of us struggled" line at the end might end up erasing all of that sympathy. If she'd been around, she might've noticed just how close Torg came to completely losing it. And does she even know at all what he went through in the DoL?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:19 am 
Fire?
Rum?
Huge emotional Blowout?

Change Torg/Gynn's relationship status to "It just got complicated"!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:48 am 
Come on Gwynn, Torg is nifty. And he keeps the group together. He is the only one who shares a letter in his name with each of the other three.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:43 am 
Man, she's still envious about that shark thing? That was like.... ago!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:28 am 
I actually like the scribbly art for this scene. Makes things all tense and dark ... kind of the way a handheld camera adds urgency in its sloppiness.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:36 am 
Torg? Had things easy? Ohhhhhhhh boy. How wrong you are Gwynn

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:40 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Come on Gwynn, you have done tons of heroic things. Like saving Damien from the interstellar gladiator tournament, and saving Zoe from monsters and stuff and you tried to sacrifice yourself to kill the giant monster in the Well of Souls (Riff stole her thunder). Don't get mad that Torg does it with style.
She totally should have been there for when Torg wen't to save Sam from the demons.

Though we the audience do know more about Riff and Zoe not being dead. We know that Torg's belief in their survival had more to do with blind denial over rational thought which had negative consequences. And Gwynn's magic said Zoe died (which she totally did), so she it made sense to get bothered by Torg's cheery optimism.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:24 am 
wedge wrote:
I actually like the scribbly art for this scene. Makes things all tense and dark ... kind of the way a handheld camera adds urgency in its sloppiness.

I think of the scribbly art more like a rum-induced blur :gwynn: :torg:

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:13 am 
Gwynn's jealous. And angry that everything she does is wrong. She spent the last three years trying to get home and realizes that nothing she did make any difference at all. K'z'k played her for a fool.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 am 
"Some of us have to struggle"? Not to be selfish?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:02 am 
Get well Pete! Also, nice coloring job Zil. I really like that one!

Ohh Gwynn. The most powerful character of the group, yet she's revealing here how truly jealous she is of their confidence/idealism. She's so focused on trying to live a normal life, and this causes her to dismiss all the positive things she's done as horrible obstacles toward that goal. She needs to reframe her own experiences into what they really are: accomplishments rather than unjust setbacks, otherwise she'll never truly feel like a peer around her friends.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions