Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:50 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
What? A research institution run by a government agency in the USA, which apparently does supernatural weapons research, opens a branch in the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War? I don't think so. Something is quite wrong here.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:57 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
What? A research institution run by a government agency in the USA, which apparently does supernatural weapons research, opens a branch in the Eastern Bloc during the Cold War? I don't think so. Something is quite wrong here.

Did we ever get any answers about the "ghost" on the other end of that call (in the second link)?

Post Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
OrzBrain wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
I have to say that the organization that Marco is with seems to be fairly incompetent.
I kinda figured that they didn't come here expecting to encounter a place which makes you turn into a hate monster, and that the realization about what was going on came too late to save most of them.
I'm not so sure. How Marco is acting and what he has said, doesn't give me the impression that they were surprised in the woods.

The knew there was an "evil" in the woods. So either they were sent to find out what it was and report back or go in and take care of the problem. The end result doesn't doesn't speak too highly of this Order's competence for either of those choices. Though I have to say that sending twelve members into the woods doesn't sound like a "fact finding" mission to me.

Hopefully we get more information from Marco eventually. Also I have to agree with Rombobjörn, an Orsintos lab founded in Poland in 1972 is a bit of a stretch.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:46 am 
Zillatain wrote:
OrzBrain wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
I have to say that the organization that Marco is with seems to be fairly incompetent.
I kinda figured that they didn't come here expecting to encounter a place which makes you turn into a hate monster, and that the realization about what was going on came too late to save most of them.
I'm not so sure. How Marco is acting and what he has said, doesn't give me the impression that they were surprised in the woods.

The knew there was an "evil" in the woods. So either they were sent to find out what it was and report back or go in and take care of the problem. The end result doesn't doesn't speak too highly of this Order's competence for either of those choices. Though I have to say that sending twelve members into the woods doesn't sound like a "fact finding" mission to me.

Hopefully we get more information from Marco eventually. Also I have to agree with Rombobjörn, an Orsintos lab founded in Poland in 1972 is a bit of a stretch.

Well, they could have heard that there were evil creatures in the woods, and that they had something to do with hate, and sent a party to deal with the problem, secure in the knowledge that their magic could handle whatever they encountered, and also that they had brought along a team member (Marco) who specialized in spells to calm down people or crowds.

I duno what to say about the lab. Maybe it was less of a lab and more of a field base for testing their latest supernatural weapons on those damn dirty commies?

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:14 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
OrzBrain wrote:
I duno what to say about the lab. Maybe it was less of a lab and more of a field base for testing their latest supernatural weapons on those damn dirty commies?

My reply to this is speculative enough that I found it best to move it to Sluggy Related Chat.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions