Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:26 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Finding some time and working through the pain, Friday has a colored strip for the few who are interested. Even with all of the modifications, still hate this one though...

Original 2014-09-01 uncolored strip

List of previously colored strips (13)

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#95 +0 *681]

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:22 am 
Oh my. Torg figures things out just a bit too late, and it seems someone is having trouble not being annoyed too.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:23 am 
When Gwynn tries to restrain feelings of hatred she gets really hungry for deserts?

. . . I guess that does make sense when you think about it.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:28 am 
Hmm, then why did he say they were afraid of the dark? Maybe he didn't know about the wards.

Gwynn. How can she not care about eleven people being turned into monsters? It seems she has learned nothing since her time in Egypt. But this is rather extreme un-caringness.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 am 
Honestly I'm not even sure how we're supposed to be feeling about Gwynn anymore. We keep getting moments like the drunk night where we're given sympathetic reasons for her behavior (or simply because she's possessed by something or psychotropic chemicals or bunny induced concussions) but her moments of "why would anyone want to be around her at all?" without an excuse still feel like they massively outweigh the good ones and all the times she's seen the terrible results :kzk: her attitude ends up causing for her still haven't begun to change it. :sam:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
I have to say that the organization that Marco is with seems to be fairly incompetent.

They know that if you let "hate" in, it will consume you and turn you into a monster. They know those monsters lurk in the woods and they stay in the woods at night. Out of the twelve there's only one left, who is working on rectifying that.

What kind of training did they receive? "Congratulations on joining the Order. Here's your copy of 'Magical Spells for Dummies'... Whelp, time to go. Nah, just leave the food in the secure building while we camp unprotected in the evil woods for the night."

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 am 
There we go.

I suspect that Gwynn does care about the former members of Marco's team, but hunger can be pretty overriding. It's probably been over 24 hours since she last had anything substantial to eat, and its starting to show.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:33 am 
I was taught in grammar school that a desert is something you only want to experience once, if at all; a dessert is something you want to experience more than once. Thus, one "S", two "S"es.

So Gwynn likes sand in her teeth? :P

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:57 am 
Yahoo Messenger: 11
Now you might think that Torg just doomed everyone, but in reality he just saved everyone.
If Marco hadn't been interrupted by the breaking glass he would have gone Angered Up and then the group would be out their monster expert and Gwynn would have been sneak attacked.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:42 am 
Yea, I've got the feeling that Pete has zero idea what to do with Gwynn. Once again we're back to the sort of writing that we've seen in Mohkadun with the shoes - a single, repeating "joke" based on sexist stereotypes, to the detriment of the character. One that isn't even funny.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:56 am 
Yeah, I was just thinking that was a well-timed crash.

Also, wet paint? Reminds me of that Doctor Who episode with the clone war (in the time compression sense).

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:00 am 
So Gwynn controls her anger with comfort food. :kiki:
That means she stays thin by losing her temper. :bunbun:
:gwynn:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:32 pm 
endplanets wrote:
Now you might think that Torg just doomed everyone, but in reality he just saved everyone.
If Marco hadn't been interrupted by the breaking glass he would have gone Angered Up and then the group would be out their monster expert and Gwynn would have been sneak attacked.
But then it's going to set off Gwynn's hate meter again though because once again Torg does the right thing even when he's being stupid (she wasn't entirely wrong about that).

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:11 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: aquarosewater
AOL: aquarosewater
[quote removed -Z]

Try this on for size, Sigmoid. Quirks, traits, and characterizations do have their place. Gwynn has been eating marshmallows and drinking rum for the better part of the previous evening - so yes, she's STARVING. Gwynn has also, regularly, shown to be highly insensitive of those around her depending on the situation. Failing to catch her host's strained voice over his rising annoyance is pretty Gwynn-like, especially with no glasses on. I get that the gag may have carried on longer than you liked, but it was going on longer than Marco would have liked as well. Cue movement of plot.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 pm 
Zillatain wrote:
I have to say that the organization that Marco is with seems to be fairly incompetent.

They know that if you let "hate" in, it will consume you and turn you into a monster. They know those monsters lurk in the woods and they stay in the woods at night. Out of the twelve there's only one left, who is working on rectifying that.

What kind of training did they receive? "Congratulations on joining the Order. Here's your copy of 'Magical Spells for Dummies'... Whelp, time to go. Nah, just leave the food in the secure building while we camp unprotected in the evil woods for the night."

I kinda figured that they didn't come here expecting to encounter a place which makes you turn into a hate monster, and that the realization about what was going on came too late to save most of them.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions