Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:34 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday is drinking a hot cup of tea
Made with leaves not from a bush or a tree
Has a nice wordy aroma that you can actually see
It's a rare special blend called Chapter Three

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#108 -2 *202]

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 am 
The ill pill should kill Bill, but it left him to chill completely still against his will. What a thrill.

Marco, come closer to the ward. Marco! Marco! You know what you're supposed to reply.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:48 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
So if I'm reading this right, you can't change into a rage-husk unless you're already dead...

Um, Marco, we may have some bad news for you.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:11 am 
You know, I kinda like Bill. The man knows how to jive with Torg, and that 'aint a small thing.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:28 am 
Zillatain wrote:
So if I'm reading this right, you can't change into a rage-husk unless you're already dead...

Um, Marco, we may have some bad news for you.

With the full explanation of the nature of plant-zombies, there's also piles of supporting evidence on other pages, including the compulsion to seek sunlight on the very next page, his dream the previous night...

I wonder how Marco's going to take the news. Unfortunately, I fear that, like the bishop, he's going to... hate it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:06 am 
Aha, finally we reach the obligatory "confusing info-dump" strip of this storyline.

This one's kind of worse than usual, despite the blessed absence of puppets, because Pete is basically stuffing information into their heads that they have no logical way of knowing. "You end up with a corpse whose meat's been replaced with vegetables"?? Oh, of course that's what's happening. How obvious!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:42 am 
ZylonBane wrote:
Aha, finally we reach the obligatory "confusing info-dump" strip of this storyline.

This one's kind of worse than usual, despite the blessed absence of puppets, because Pete is basically stuffing information into their heads that they have no logical way of knowing. "You end up with a corpse whose meat's been replaced with vegetables"?? Oh, of course that's what's happening. How obvious!

Seriously. Looking at your post history, pretty much the only thing you do is come on here to criticize, bitterly. At some point maybe you should just cut your losses and go read some other comic instead.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:47 am 
AOL: Eagle299
Marco, the walking dead... no wait, he has boots of striding. Marco the Striding Dead.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:22 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
ZylonBane wrote:

Seriously. Looking at your post history, pretty much the only thing you do is come on here to criticize, bitterly. At some point maybe you should just cut your losses and go read some other comic instead.

Ah, don't listen to him/her. These forums are getting barren enough as is; we don't need to go scaring more folks off.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:26 am 
ZylonBane wrote:
"You end up with a corpse whose meat's been replaced with vegetables"?? Oh, of course that's what's happening. How obvious!

Well... yes? I mean, it's been laid out quite clearly. I'll agree that Torg's initial jump to "they're plants" was perhaps a stretch, but that was quite a while ago, everything else follows directly from the story as presented.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:00 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
I get the meat to veggie thing is odd, but I almost think of it like a growth: the meat is the soil, and the rage is super fertilizer (really that soul, since it seems to get burned up in the process maybe?).

I don't know, it's definitely not the weirdest thing this comic has done.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:21 am 
Celadon wrote:
it's definitely not the weirdest thing this comic has done.

Second that

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 am 
Hey Guys! Just wanted to chime in here. First off, I don’t mind criticism at all. Every time I go to tackle a new story I want to do a better job with it. That’s what the Reactions Forums helps me to do!

I will say I wasn’t intending today’s comic to be an ‘info dump’ but a ‘recap of what we know so far’. This became a much longer story than I intended (why do I keep doing that?) and a recap before we proceed seemed useful. Torg’s heard Bill’s story and Bill heard Torg and Gwynn talking so they know each other’s observations. As far as the meat-to-veggies thing, that wasn’t a literal statement. Torg knows they are plants and that they were human and that a plant-demon-monster-thing is the source, so they’re speculating how one became the other.

In any case carry on!

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 pm 
It's a pretty involved zombification process, which Pete freely admits via Torg. I'm cool with that. What's confusing me is why Bill's trajectory was different. He became immobilized after his death when no one else did. Maybe it's just the nature of his particular form of death (ie. cyanide destroyed the body, whereas everyone else's bodies were still operational enough for them to be up and about)? Either way, the next step for him still should have been to transform into a rage husk-monster the first time he got upset, which should have happened really quickly given his predicament. Granted he would not have been able to rush outside to finish the transformation. I guess what Pete's telling us with this strip is that eventually his body decayed enough that the window to transform into a rage-husk passed (no more "soil" as it were)?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:51 pm 
I dunno, man. Bill seemed pretty chill through the whole thing despite the terrible stuff happening. I mean, he did say he had his 'fat from disturbing methods' mouse friend to keep him company as well... The guy seems to be easily entertained.

Plus, there's some real Torg / Bill parallels going on here. Torg would probably just make up puns until the end of time if something similar happened to him.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions