Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Hopefully Marco is too shocked to do anything to stop Gwynn before she gets to the doorway. Though considering the distance she has to run, he probably wouldn't have time even if he was expecting it.
That, and Marco doesn't have a really clear reason to act, since he doesn't actually know what's up.

Zillatain wrote:
Next we see if Gwynn can pass the doorway... I would vote yes, but we'll see.
Given how constantly angry she has been about Torg's generally Torgish behavior, it stands to reason she can't be infected yet since otherwise she'd have turned by now. She is just far too angry to last more than about 5 minutes that way, tops.

Silverwalker wrote:
It is endearing that, despite their arguments, if Torg tells her to trust him and run to him she leaves her new beau without question. That is just how it should be after all they have gone through, fighting gods and monsters and whatnot.
And you don't question Code Boom. Gwynn may be a fundamentally angry person who disagrees with Torg constantly, but they're still ultimately friends.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
It's nice to see that with all they've gone through the critical shorthand is still there.
"I've got information you do not. There is imminent danger we are both in. Do exactly what i say and we'll survive." 6.89 seconds
That just invites commentary and discourse.
"Code Boom" 0.9 seconds.
Just grab your monkeys and GO.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:51 am 
Fishman wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
Hopefully Marco is too shocked to do anything to stop Gwynn before she gets to the doorway. Though considering the distance she has to run, he probably wouldn't have time even if he was expecting it.
That, and Marco doesn't have a really clear reason to act, since he doesn't actually know what's up.

Yeeeah, but the rage husks don't seem to have rational reasons to spaz out. "Questioning who I am" and "Doubting my command of magic" have been reasosn for freak outs so far. "Girl I like bailing on me" doesn't seem to far fetched and speccity spec spec spec.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:14 pm 
Thank goodness it's not Friday.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:19 pm 
It may be against the rules to answer here, but I have a question that you can think about: If Marco is the way we think he might be, can he leave the forest? Just take his vegetable but not yet raged-out body away from all this?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:35 pm 
Well...to tread the spec line very carefully for a point, there's reason to think Marco ISN'T the way he thing he might be. He already started to go rage husk, and was saved by virtue of his magic. Now that we know that there's an...ah...intermediary step in there, well...

As for whether it's possible for him to leave, well that's spec territory.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:33 pm 
AOL: EmpressLira
So....Bill suggested that Torg call them both over, and Torg only called Gwynn. So what happens of Marco isn't the only one with a problem?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:39 pm 
EmpressDeStructo wrote:
So....Bill suggested that Torg call them both over, and Torg only called Gwynn. So what happens of Marco isn't the only one with a problem?

It seems highly unlikely because Gwynn has been with Torg almost this whole time and hence I don't think she's died. The zombie lord wouldn't have gone into the building (no sun, no soil), which means there hasn't been time to take Gwynn to him anyway.

My worry is twofold: Marco's drug magic, and Marco's speedy non-shuffling boots. Combined with Marco's potential irrational reaction to Gwynn's "betrayal"... well.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:02 am 
GigaGuess wrote:
Well...to tread the spec line very carefully for a point, there's reason to think Marco ISN'T the way he thing he might be. He already started to go rage husk, and was saved by virtue of his magic. Now that we know that there's an...ah...intermediary step in there, well...
Well, that'd certainly be what's keeping him from completing the process, but all the times Gwynn became furious with Torg...no effects at all. It certainly seems as if the first step has already occurred and the magic keeps him from crossing that line.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:13 am 
Fishman wrote:
but all the times Gwynn became furious with Torg...no effects at all.

She did blow up on Marco once, but that looks like a normal Gwynn blow-up. No signs of imminent plant-hood.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions