Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:10 am 
That was kinda... lame. It wouldn't be, except Gwynn really sold it as for real by the way she was acting, which makes the cheap switch kinda lame. Made up for with the nice art, though. And I guess Gwynn acting shocked makes sense, what with her liking Marco, so maybe it wasn't so bad.

Edit: On the other hand, this means Gwynn didn't really try the door for real, so this could be a double fakeout. And that would make it cool!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:20 am 
Very lame, I'm sorry to say.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:33 am 
After Friday's comic I would be disappointed if Vine-Marco was the reason Gwynn could not pass the doorward. From personal experience, I can attest to the fact that it makes quite a difference if a solid wall or a hip-high bar stops your progress, and I see no reason why the stopping behaviour of magical objects should be any differ from their real-world equivalent. The way Gwynn stopped Friday is in no way consistent with being grabbed from behind, and so I now choose to believe that both Gwynn and Marco are dead, until I'm proven wrong.

And if that should be the case I'd be annoyed with Pete for playing this trick on us just for dramatic reasons.

Also, I'm with Torg on this one: They way Gwynn stops says she's dead, not grabbed.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:39 am 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
Huh. But I thought that CROTCH!!!

Why is Marco CROTCH!!!

And I can't wait to see how Pete draws Ernst Stavro Blofelt.

Because my speculation is a CROTCH!!!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:41 am 
Yahoo Messenger: KarlMonster
Zillatain wrote:
Alive? Dead? Undead? Bookish? Demonic?

No, sir. Merely pining for the fjords.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 am 
That was a really bad fake out. Very poorly done. All of the evidence in the previous panel pointed to gwyn being stopped by the door ward and several parts of it, like torg's eyes being WIDE OPEN make it make absolutely no sense in this context.

Did he get me? Yes, but only because he cheated.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:46 am 
Whew!

Probably.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:39 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
That was a really bad fake out. Very poorly done. All of the evidence in the previous panel pointed to gwyn being stopped by the door ward and several parts of it, like torg's eyes being WIDE OPEN make it make absolutely no sense in this context.

Agree. The art conflicts with Marco holding her like that - Gwynn would be able to lean forward and at least her head would be through the door.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:48 am 
Sotanaht wrote:

It works if Gwynn's lying.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:53 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Hah, classic Pete Friday mislead.

I love the art on the bottom row, I don't know, something about the shading and Marco. It's very vivid.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:57 am 
Still withholding judgement.

But on a somewhat unrelated note, how did Marco transform and get tentacles INSIDE THE BUILDING?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:53 am 
There isn't anything preventing a transformation inside the building. However, as far as we know, you have to be dead outside of the building, and then you have to somehow make it back into the building without raging out, and thus far only Marco has managed this, thus, he can get into the building to transform.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:12 am 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
declinator wrote:
From personal experience, I can attest to the fact that it makes quite a difference if a solid wall or a hip-high bar stops your progress, and I see no reason why the stopping behaviour of magical objects should be any differ from their real-world equivalent. The way Gwynn stopped Friday is in no way consistent with being grabbed from behind

Quite right. And also:

Sotanaht wrote:
torg's eyes being WIDE OPEN

And yet he somehow fails to see Marco's tentacles? No way!

Furthermore, if one is grabbed from behind, one doesn't say "I can't get through the doorway!". One says "Unhand me!" or "Let me go!" or "Help! Somebody grabbed me!" or something along those lines. There would be no reason to mention the doorway.

The only way all of this can make any kind of sense is if Gwynn really is a zombie in denial, refusing to accept any evidence that she isn't alive, and Marco grabbed her only after the ward stopped her. (Not that this involved zombification process makes much sense anyway.)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:57 am 
RCG wrote:
On Friday, Gwynn stops right at the door, Monday we see that it's Marco who stop Gwynn with a tentacle.

Does victory dance in front of computer! :kiki: :kiki:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm 
Fishman wrote:
There isn't anything preventing a transformation inside the building. However, as far as we know, you have to be dead outside of the building, and then you have to somehow make it back into the building without raging out, and thus far only Marco has managed this, thus, he can get into the building to transform.
Didn't Bishop Osterhagen manage this? While we never saw tentacles, we did see his eyes change and him start muttering hassan.
Possibly Elza has done it also, after the Bishop (presumedly) drug her out, she returned to scribble the warning on the wall.

Sotanaht wrote:

The rules of evidence are waived for Friday cliff hangers :pun:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions