Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 pm 
Quote:
And yet he somehow fails to see Marco's tentacles? No way!

To be fair, it's established as being pretty dark in that hallway.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:25 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: drachefly
Well, I'm really glad I missed friday's strip until today.

:kzk:

That said, this doesn't flow at all. The door looks like it did something. Not to say that Mr. Sintos is 100% accurate on what the door is warding, of course.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 pm 
Location: East of the West, west of the East, north of the South, south of the North Pole.
Fianna Lord wrote:
Quote:

The shadows show that the lantern that Gwynn was holding is currently on the floor somewhere near Torg's feet. It's illuminating Gwynn fairly well.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:18 pm 
Yes Marco. Squeeze. Squeeze as tightly as you can. Release your anger! Let the hate flow through you.

Bah, I should have known Friday was a mis-direct.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:41 pm 
Rombobjörn wrote:
Fianna Lord wrote:
Quote:

The shadows show that the lantern that Gwynn was holding is currently on the floor somewhere near Torg's feet. It's illuminating Gwynn fairly well.

And thus the answer is obvious. Torg's eyes hadn't adjusted to the lantern's light and, being between him and Gwynn at the time, he would not have been able to see anything behind the lantern. Once the lantern was behind him, and his eyes better adjusted, the tentacles would be obvious. It would not have been so before.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 pm 
Kevin wrote:
Fishman wrote:
There isn't anything preventing a transformation inside the building. However, as far as we know, you have to be dead outside of the building, and then you have to somehow make it back into the building without raging out, and thus far only Marco has managed this, thus, he can get into the building to transform.
Didn't Bishop Osterhagen manage this? While we never saw tentacles, we did see his eyes change and him start muttering hassan.
Possibly Elza has done it also, after the Bishop (presumedly) drug her out, she returned to scribble the warning on the wall.

Yeah, but it still doesn't seem right. As Marco mentioned, all the plant transformations in his time happened outside. Even the Bishop didn't get all plant-y down in the basement; see his hands?

It would seem that the plant zombies don't like going back inside because of the lack of sunlight and soil -- so the only way to get to the building's chewy human center is to send newly-minted (but not demented) zombies in to retrieve them. We've had no evidence of a plantsformation until now, and ample explanations as to why.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:37 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Welp, I was pretty sure Gwynn wasn't dead, largely for the meta reason that she is a main character. Besides, she's already been claimed by a different powerful entity; the Book has protected her in similar situations before. And I knew Marco was doomed all along. Mostly, I am waiting to see how Torg and Gwynn are going to take down the zombie lord. Or at least run away screaming from him.

One thing, though - why is everyone whispering?

LB :zoe:

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions