Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:37 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Am I missing something or is it because it's a pun I'm not getting?

The God of Thunder, Penne ala Lightning, is now being referred to as Penne ala Vodka. There was nothing previous to this, everyone (including himself) just out of nowhere started calling him that.

Why doesn't it make any sense to me?

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:49 am 
Zillatain wrote:
The God of Thunder, Penne ala Lightning, is now being referred to as Penne ala Vodka. There was nothing previous to this, everyone (including himself) just out of nowhere started calling him that.

The odd bit is that when he names himself, VODKA is clearly bolded as if we're supposed to notice it. But if he were just suddenly revealing his dastardly real name, I'd expect either Torg to not use it two panels before, -OR- the Analysiser to have reported it last strip.

So yeah, I'm lost here too. :sam:

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:53 am 
tejón wrote:
Zillatain wrote:

The odd bit is that when he names himself, VODKA is clearly bolded as if we're supposed to notice it. But if he were just suddenly revealing his dastardly real name, I'd expect either Torg to not use it two panels before, -OR- the Analysiser to have reported it last strip.

So yeah, I'm lost here too. :sam:

Dum-Dum DUNNN!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:48 am 
Silverwalker wrote:
Grammer Gorilla is really Grammar Gorilla? How can it be? How can it beeee? (Reference to which other Sluggy story arc, more than a decade ago?)

Tonight, the part of Lord Grater will be played by Silverwalker! :kiki:

Alas, poor Dum-Dum (DUNNNN). I knew him, Horatio! A man of infinite self-reference... and not much else. Ah well.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 am 
Hey guys! Sorry about that. Meant "Penne ala Lightning". Wrote "Penne ala Vodka". There were 3 things working against me. I was rushing due to travel, I was traveling due to travel and holiday plans (working on the road results in sloppier work I've found) and I was preparing Penne ala Vodka that very night! My head was not in the game and it shows even in stick-figure mode! It's fixed now!

Anywho happy 2015 everybody!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:24 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Pete wrote:
Hey guys! Sorry about that. Meant "Penne ala Lightning". Wrote "Penne ala Vodka". There were 3 things working against me. I was rushing due to travel, I was traveling due to travel and holiday plans (working on the road results in sloppier work I've found) and I was preparing Penne ala Vodka that very night! My head was not in the game and it shows even in stick-figure mode! It's fixed now!

Anywho happy 2015 everybody!

Dum-Dum DUNNNN!

LB :torg:

Post Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:59 pm 
ClangSplat FTW!

Though I'm wondering how Captain Hippity managed to take down Drunk DriveMan...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions