Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It looks like Wednesday is taking the lazy route this week.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#105 -2 *564]

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:24 am 
Surgeon General's Warning: reading books may result in consumption by plant based hate monsters.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:30 am 
But they're all natural, plant-based, so it's OK. :kzk:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:59 am 
That's the nice thing about an assault wheelbarrow. Very tight turning radius.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:00 am 
Pete, this made me laugh. Out loud. For real. So I want you to understand I am being completely literal when I express the following sentiment:

lol

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:28 am 
The title of the book appears to be Czarodziej Łasica, which according to Google Translate comes out to Weasel Wizard in Polish.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:42 am 
Bandersnatch wrote:
The title of the book appears to be Czarodziej Łasica, which according to Google Translate comes out to Weasel Wizard in Polish.

I just came here to say the same thing. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:52 am 
Another day, another bystander traumatized by our heroes' amazing adventures. Though at least this time it's barely their fault at all.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:14 am 
What happened between panels 3 and 4? Panel 3 the hate-husk was fixated on the woman, panel 4 it's focusing on the girl and the woman is nowhere in sight. Why would it change targets? It seems very clear that almost no time has passed between those two panels. The Kid is still holding her book and doesn't appear to have moved at all, and Torg/Maybe-Gwynn haven't had time to move very far either. Then again maybe the kid DID leg it, since I don't see a bench in panel 5, but why would she still be looking at the book?

I'm also wondering if decapitation even kills hate-husks. Chaz is clearly unpowered.

While I'm at it, the kid appears to be directing her trauma at the book, via anger. Doesn't really make much sense.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:39 am 
Nifty Admin of Doom
Nifty Admin of Doom
Well, the bookstore lady told her that the book was magic. And she started reading it and a bunch of weird scariness happened. So the kid assumes the magic book caused it. I was amused. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:22 am 
Sotanaht wrote:
What happened between panels 3 and 4? Panel 3 the hate-husk was fixated on the woman, panel 4 it's focusing on the girl and the woman is nowhere in sight. Why would it change targets? It seems very clear that almost no time has passed between those two panels. The Kid is still holding her book and doesn't appear to have moved at all, and Torg/Maybe-Gwynn haven't had time to move very far either. Then again maybe the kid DID leg it, since I don't see a bench in panel 5, but why would she still be looking at the book?

I'm also wondering if decapitation even kills hate-husks. Chaz is clearly unpowered.

While I'm at it, the kid appears to be directing her trauma at the book, via anger. Doesn't really make much sense.

Just pointing out, it's not chaz. It's that sword that Gwynn found that was on of the folks that is now a rage husk.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:32 am 
Fianna Lord wrote:
Pete, this made me laugh. Out loud. For real. So I want you to understand I am being completely literal when I express the following sentiment:

lol

What he said, LOL! :kiki: :kiki: :kiki: :kiki: :kiki:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:13 pm 
Sotanaht wrote:

As I see it, in panel three the husk's attention has been caught by the girl, a stationary target as opposed to a moving target (the running man/woman, hard to tell), so it just comes straight at her over the table before she can run.

Then it loses its head over the whole issue. :)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:31 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: bluecloakgirl
AOL: bluecloakedgirl
That isn't Chaz. The magic students brought a sword with them, Torg did not.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:00 pm 
All this talk of magical books makes me think of this particular strip.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions