Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:32 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
It is I, Friday... And, um, Monday as well. (Apparently)

Last week, Tomorrow was a little confused. Don't worry, I have corrected this confusion. It is...resting, in the next room of my cabin...

Pretty sure It has a splitting headache and is hanging on a nail... Er, I mean It has a very painful hang-nail. Yes, very, painful. So don't disturb It. Neither one of us would like that.

Now if you would excuse me, I need to go sharpen something.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#82 +3 *293]
[#91 -9 *359]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:44 am 
Awww...well, at least we get a third of a buck out of the deal! Thanks Pete! I'm off to print this three times and paste it together. My plan is foolproof!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 am 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wow, that's been a long time... It's been over 13 months since we've last seen Kiki in a strip.

I'm not including the photo in Torg's phone, since I don't think that counts.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:15 pm 
Hey Pete, have you considered you might be putting too much efford in the individual comics?

It seems like just a short run of actual-storyline comics is enough to wear you out, and the runs in-between filler/no-plot comics gets shorter and shorter.
But at the same time, the comic gets more and more panels for every day.

Maybe you should consider cutting down on daily content on a more overall level?
I am sure many of the recent strips could easily have been split into two days. Giving you more time to script/fix the shop/relax.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:35 pm 
Everything migB said.

Time was, we the reader only got three, maybe four panels a day, and we were happy with that. Many, many readers are still happy with that. Look at Howard Taylor and Schlock Mercenary, one of a very few comics to be around as long as Sluggy. One row of panels per day, extra on sundays, plus Mr. Taylor has his own colorist. He still complains about getting everything done on time. And here you are Pete, drawing and shading a far, far more detailed comic, (My god, man! Those backgrounds!) and you are giving us far more of it on a daily basis then most comics put out in a week.

Small wonder then you get the burnout and the bone spurs and the terrifying lack of vitamin D! When was the last time you saw actual daylight?

I think it might be time to start thinking like a business man, and start putting less time into the comic itself, and more time into promoting the comic and fixing the store, and getting a decent buffer going, so you can do the first two things.

I say this not just as a reader, but a a stalwort Defender of the Nifty, who would like nothing better then to see the ranks of readership soar and Torg's pimp-bling pale in comparison to what you could now afford.

We all know you have the art chops to pull this off, now its time to get the business savy to match. Work smarter, not harder.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:59 am 
This is a tough one for me and may result in major changes down the road, but I can assure you all I will never have 'business savy!' ;)

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions