Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:22 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Friday really needs to get around and sharpen its scythe collection. The "weeds" won't kill themselves...

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#88 +0 *676]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 am 
Wait, so they're growing it just so they can escape?

What happened to all of CB's zombie-lord offspring? Were they able to be destroyed, unlike CB himself? How did he spawn them? Why were the book shop people rage-zombied if the real CB was in a pit and all the other husks were already dead? Who killed them, etc?

This is tremendously confusing. I had a lot of "what the...?" questions when the short-strip week started, but I could hold them; now I'm starting to hit overload.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:16 am 
I'm quite liking the new Gwynn. She seems much more competent and less liable to let her psychological problems get in the way of solving the problem at hand.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:30 am 
OrzBrain wrote:
I'm quite liking the new Gwynn. She seems much more competent and less liable to let her psychological problems get in the way of solving the problem at hand.

^ This.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:04 am 
CheeseWhisper wrote:
Wait, so they're growing it just so they can escape?

What happened to all of CB's zombie-lord offspring? Were they able to be destroyed, unlike CB himself? How did he spawn them? Why were the book shop people rage-zombied if the real CB was in a pit and all the other husks were already dead? Who killed them, etc?

This is tremendously confusing. I had a lot of "what the...?" questions when the short-strip week started, but I could hold them; now I'm starting to hit overload.

In order: I suspect all of CB's offspring were torched, but we have no confirmation of that. CB was destroyed, but his corpse spawned all the mini-CBs, just like how many plants produce offspring once they die, like banana, or Melaleuca trees, hydra style. Next time, I would recommend a bonfire. The bookshop people were rage-zombified by CB's offspring. If you look closely here, you will notice that the Spawn on Alicja's dad has wrapped itself around his neck, thus providing the magical transmogrifying aura needed to change him, and likely strangling him at the same time.

Comic wise, I still wonder whether you could bonsai/dwarf the newly sprouted Captain Botanical. Although I suspect Baby-Botanical is far more appropriate now.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:57 am 
Wait. They have new clothing, so you would assume that the mages would of confiscated everything they had. Why would they of let her to keep the seed?

Though considering how incompetent I've been saying this organization is, they rely (way too much) on magic for even basic things. So if no magic is detected in something, I wouldn't be surprised if they would not of considered it a threat.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 am 
I suspect due to burn-out, we're getting the cliff-notes version of what happened. Although I'm sure the reason Gwynn's carrying around the sprout will be explained, since that's a risky decision they seem to be taking lightly..

Post Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:14 am 
Yodimus_Prime wrote:
I suspect due to burn-out, we're getting the cliff-notes version of what happened. Although I'm sure the reason Gwynn's carrying around the sprout will be explained, since that's a risky decision they seem to be taking lightly..

You mean beside having the book of E'ville around :kzk: , using a sword named "Unholy evil death bringer", teaming up with the last lysindia circle vampire :sam: as well as a sadistic mini-lop deity :bunbun: , a human-eating alien with the potential to blow up the planet :aylee: as well as an explosives-loving inventor who never seem to implement safeguards? :riff:
Yep, this sure seems like a risky decision...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:16 pm 
Cow_k wrote:
Apologies if this has been said, but it weirds me out that these are called mini-strips when this is what the old comic used to almost always be. I always felt more modern strips to feel like jumbo-strips.

Yeah, Zill - what Cow_k said!

Jeez, these are normal size comic strips - exactly what pretty much every other comic strip writer would give us - and often less than 5 days a week. Pete has been spoiling us for years - actually over a decade now. By giving us so much more for so long, we now expect it. And when he tries to take a breather and produce the story at a more normal pace, we insult him by calling them "Mini-Strip"s. Seriously, no wonder he's feeling burn-out.

This week has gone quite well. Pete is advancing the plot at a normal pace and still feeding us plenty of Pete humor. It's Friday, and he's given us a cliff-hanger with lots of unanswered questions... ...and that's a normal pattern as well. I trust the Pete will answer those questions in due time, and while I'd happily gobble up the story in bigger chunks, I'm quite satisfied with the normal pace of this week.

And maybe, just maybe, this slower pace will allow the Keeper of the Transcripts to catch up!!

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:01 pm 
Hey guys! So by utilizing the quick 1-row strips I’ve been able to take a sort-of writing sabbatical where I’ve cleared my head for a few days. No emails, no reactions forums, no distractions. Of course the second I stopped ‘running’ I became sick, like the germs in my body were waiting their turn. (I apparently have very patient germs).

For the record ZIll calling these “mini-strips” is a gag and it does not bother me at all. In fact I recommended “fun-sized!”

I also appreciate all the support from you guys, coming to my defense online and showing support through Defenders memberships and such.

One downside with the one-row comics moving the plot quickly is a lot of unanswered details. There simply needs to be more reading between the lines than you guys are used to (thanks to the precedent I’ve set. Kinda like with the size of the strips. I set the precedent so 1 row comics are “mini” to me). Maybe at the end of the chapter I’ll do a Q&A forums thingy for anything important I’ve missed. Next week LOOKS like mostly 1 row comics with a 2-row or two. And we’re going to see the start of the next section: END OF THE ROAD.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:26 pm 
Sounds great to me! Seriously, I much prefer these "mini" strips (with a larger supplement per week) to the alternative of three updates a week.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:25 am 
Zillatain wrote:
Wait. They have new clothing, so you would assume that the mages would of confiscated everything they had. Why would they of let her to keep the seed?
The mages probably use magic rather than anything as crude as physically searching, so they missed it.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:22 pm 
Zillatain wrote:

And now, little man, I give the watch to you?

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:19 pm 
foraprice wrote:
Zillatain wrote:
And now, little man, I give the watch to you?
Now, now... Nobody was thinking along those lines with Cap'n Bot's seed...

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions