Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions

Post subject: Strip for April 8, 2015
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:59 pm 
Admin of Slight Inconvenience
Wednesday thinks that there is no reason not to do what yesterday did for today as well.

On this day in 1139, Roger the second of Sicily is excommunicated by the pope.

If only they had mobile phones in that time. He would of been able to communicate with the pope and clear up this treaty business right away, instead of five years later.

-----
Vote for Sluggy Freelance at Top Web Comics. Remember to vote EACH day.
[#106 +3 *198]

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 am 
Now that was satisfying.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:17 am 
Awww :)

I'm also wondering what Teresa is thinking. She's looking rather flirty again

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:11 am 
Too bad that Gwynn consciously chooses to hold onto her hate. That's not healthy for anybody, but especially not somebody with her power and "connections."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:25 pm 
I've slowly come to just not like Gwynn. This last story has cemented the feeling. It doesn't seem to matter what anybody in her group of "friends" does for her, she pays them back with vitriol.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next chapter of Sluggy brings.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 pm 
WonderCoi wrote:
I've slowly come to just not like Gwynn. This last story has cemented the feeling. It doesn't seem to matter what anybody in her group of "friends" does for her, she pays them back with vitriol.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what the next chapter of Sluggy brings.

Yes, I think this story made her unusually bad. There she is in an extremely life-threatening situation, and Torg is fighting by her side every step of the way, and she still gets mad at him afterward for what he wrote in the picture in his cellphone. They almost died several times, for God's sake. And Torg saved her life when she was almost strangled by Marco. Torg managed to make Marco come to his senses.

"I still hate you, but I want you around (because he is useful to her)." And she meant it as both "an honor and an insult". Which makes it an insult.

She was much more likeable when she was trapped in Mohkadun, and right after that. She was terrible in this arc. Letting Torg know how she looks down on him at all times. Why should he put up with that? It would have been great to see him tell her to shut up.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:22 pm 
Does what Teresa's wearing even qualify as a shirt anymore?

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:34 am 
Gwynn respects and admires Torg for his skill and expertise, while at the same time is infuriated by all the little things he does that make him Torg. Yes she can be selfish and mean, and Torg makes fun of her for it. They rely on each other's complementing skills in order to achieve an end goal. Yes they may fight, even frequently, but they know when the other is right and will admit to it, if grudgingly, and move on. I have a sister, we sometimes drive each other nuts, usualy on purpose. We've even sometimes come to blows, (albeit rarely, and not for awhile) but we always made up afterwards and moved on. I couldn't imagine life without her. Likewise, Torg and Gwynn, although not related by blood, are family, as is the rest of the gang, and I imagine they couldn't imagine life without the other.

Board index » Sluggy Related Forums » Reactions